Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Dimension ❯ Going through the portal ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Me: Hiyas! This is my first Avatar fanfic(well duh) and… I hope you like! ^_^ Oh yeah… strangely enough… my name Saka and Sokka are pronounced the same so… That… well… I guess there might be some confusion…
 
Disclaimer: Avatar: The Last Airbender does not belong to me.
 
**********************So begins the story…************************
 
“Are you okay, Saka-chan?” asked a worried Tohru. She looked at her friend thoughtfully.
 
Saka-chan looked up, “Hmmm? Oh… yea… I'm fine…” she turned her head away, “Just tired… that's all.”
 
“Well, what time did you get to sleep?”
 
“Uhhh… I think… 11:00? Yea… 11:00.”
 
“Saka-chan!”
 
“What?! I'm sorry. I was just doing the research stuff for social studies…” Saka-chan replied, then murmured under her breath, “…and looking at pictures of the oh-so-hot Zuko.”
 
“What did you say?” Tohru asked interested.
 
“Nothing…”
 
“No seriously… what did you say?”
 
Saka-chan shook her head, “It's nothing.”
 
“Well… Ok then.” Tohru replied.
 
The bell rang and everyone began leaving.
 
“I'll see you in second!” Tohru called out to her friend.
 
“Bye!” Saka-chan waved and headed into social studies class.
 
*****************Elsewhere… in a different dimension**********************
 
“Aang…. Do you have any idea where we're going?” asked Katara.
 
Aang smiled foolishly and blushed, “Huh? Oh… uh… Of course I do! Heh heh… see those rocks over there?”
 
“No,” replied Sokka.
 
Katara hit her brother upside the head, “You're not even looking!”
 
“OW!”
 
She turned to Aang, “Yeah, I see them… Are we going to land there?”
 
Aang nodded, “Yup!”
 
Sokka looked down. His eyes widened, “Well we'd better hurry! Zuko's ships are comin' up fast!”
 
“Huh? AAAAAH!” Katara screamed, as a flaming boulder shot up at them.
 
Appa roared as the flaming boulder singed his fur.
 
“COME ON, APPA!” shouted Aang.
 
******************Meanwhile at Zuko's ship***************************
 
“Wait… wait… NOW!” shouted Zuko.
 
The soldiers let loose the catapults and the fireballs pelted into the sky.
 
Zuko smirked as he watched the Avatar fleeing, “Heh… today shall be the day I capture the avatar!”
 
Iroh came walking into view, “Ahhh… but Prince Zuko… you always say that whenever you catch sight of the avatar!”
 
Zuko glared at his uncle, “Uncle Iroh! There you are! Where have you been?! I've been looking for you!”
 
“Ah yes…” Iroh answered dreamily, “I was just having a nice cup of tea.”
 
Zuko's good eye twitched as he turned his head upward. Fire flew from his mouth as he screamed, “Having a nice cup of tea? HAVING A NICE CUP OF TEA?! AAAAAAARGH!!!!”
 
Iroh chuckled as he replied, “You really need to relax Prince Zuko.” He walked away openly laughing, while Zuko fumed wildly.
 
********************Switching to the other dimension*******************
 
“GYAAA!!!” screamed a boy. He was in a headlock, “Okay! Okay! I give up! I GIVE UP!!!!”
 
Tohru smirked smugly as she released him. The boy scrambled away from her to his friends. They were all laughing until Tohru glared at them. They scattered and left the room. “Idiots…” she mumbled.
 
Saka-chan giggled, “That was funny! Hey… where's Beth?”
 
Tohru shrugged, “I dunno… let's go look for her.”
 
“Ok!”
 
*********************Aang and friends****************
 
“That… was too close!” panted Sokka.
 
They had safely reached the rocks, which had turned out to be a well hidden cave, and were now resting. Aang had gone out to get some supplies, which left Katara, Sokka, Momo, and Appa.
 
Katara walked over to Appa and Momo, “Good job, Appa! You just rest now, ok?”
 
Appa grunted and turned over. Momo leaped up and down on Appa then finally lied down and fell asleep.
 
“Hmph… those two go to sleep… while I'm starving!” grumbled Sokka.
 
Katara rolled her eyes, “We ate just an hour ago, Sokka. If you're so hungry then…”
 
“HEY GUYS!” shouted Aang as he ran over to them excitedly, “You'll never believe what I found!”
 
“Food?” asked Sokka.
 
“No! Even better!” he grabbed their arms and pulled them along, “Come on!”
 
“What can be better than food?” Sokka asked.
 
“Sokka!”
 
“WHAT?! I'm hungry!”
 
THWACK!
 
“OW!”
 
“Hahahahaha!”
 
“Stop laughing, Aang!” Sokka shouted with tears in his eyes.
 
“Sorry Sokka!” Aang apologized. He was still laughing though.
 
******************************Zuko******************************* **
 
“They've landed over by the island, Prince Zuko,” the captain announced.
 
Zuko nodded and the captain left. He looked out at the island and felt an apprehensive feeling pass through him. He frowned and looked away.
 
Iroh stepped out of the cabin with two cups of tea to see his nephew standing near the railing of the ship. He walked up to Zuko and offered him a cup. He was surprised when Zuko accepted it wordlessly.
 
“I can see that you're in deep thought, Prince Zuko. Why don't you enlighten your old uncle?”
 
Zuko shook his head and thought, `How could I tell anyone about that dream?'
 
 
*************************Dream Flashback*********************
 
A gigantic wall… carvings of the four elements… a blinding flash…
 
A girl with shoulder length black hair and cold mahogany eyes was walking towards him. He noticed that she was just a head shorter than he was. She wore Fire Nation robes although some parts had blue and green on it. The girl reached him and put up a fire sphere around both of them…
 
Two more girls appeared inside the fire sphere. They both had blond hair and blue eyes though their eyes were different shades from each other. One was taller than the other and wore green robes- a sign of one from the Earth Nation. The other was a bit shorter and wore blue robes- she was from the water nation. The two girls walked over to the black haired girl and each placed a hand on her shoulder.
 
He could feel tension from the black haired girl melt away and she smiled. She looked at him straight in the eye and said, “I am Sora… and the earthbender and waterbender are Adamina and Nirvelli. We hope you're adaptable to change…”
 
Zuko smirked, “Don't worry… I am.”
 
Adamina sneered, “Well… let's all hope you're telling the truth…” Her eyes glinted maliciously.
 
Zuko could feel chills run down his spine, `What is wrong with me?! Me… afraid of a girl?!' He glared at Adamina.
 
Nirvelli giggled and gazed at Zuko kindly, “Do not mind her… all that we ask of you is to be ready.”
 
Zuko frowned, “Ready? Ready for what?!”
 
“If we told you… that would spoil all the fun!” Sora replied casually.
 
Zuko growled and watched the three fade from sight. The first scene of the wall carving appeared once again.
 
Time to wake up.
 
**********************End of the Dream Flashback********************
 
“Prince Zuko? Heeeeellooooooo… Prince Zuko?” Iroh's voice called.
 
“Huh?” Zuko snapped out of his reverie, “What is it, Uncle?”
 
“I said, `Is there anything you want to tell me about?'”
 
Zuko was silent, then he looked at his uncle, “Yeah… was there ever a female firebender?”
 
Iroh glanced at his nephew, “Of course there was! In fact, there have been quite a few! Well… there was only one who truly became an honored firebender really. Ah yes… if I remember correctly, her name was Sora.”
 
Zuko's eye widened.
 
Iroh, not noticing, continued, “Hmmm… she lived during the time of Avatar Roku and made many friends with others from the other three nations. Her two best friends, Adamina and Nirvelli, always looked out for her because she was the youngest of the trio… but when the war started, all three of them vanished. There were rumors that they had died.”
 
“Uncle…” Zuko asked quietly, “How do you know all of this?”
 
Iroh just shrugged and would say no more.
 
“We're now approaching the island, Prince Zuko,” the captain announced.
 
Zuko nodded and replied, “Assemble all the men and have them ready and quiet. Uncle Iroh and I will go ahead once this ship gets on shore. When we find the Avatar I'll give you the signal. The Avatar's not getting away today.”
 
*****************Aang and his friends**********************
 
“Wow…” Katara stared at the carvings of the symbols of the four elements in amazement, “Whoever did this must have taken them a long time! Look at the detail!”
 
“So this is better than food?” Sokka asked dryly.
 
Katara threw a rock at him, “Shut up Sokka!”
 
The rock hit its mark, “OW!”
 
The grouped looked up at the carvings when they heard a low humming. The carvings and the arrow on Aang's head both lit up in a bright flash. The carvings then rearranged themselves to form a door with the word `Avatar' across it.
 
“Wow…” Katara murmured.
 
“Okay…really creepy.” Sokka whispered when he gazed at it.
 
“Let's go in!” cried Aang. He ran towards the door.
 
“Aang wait!” cried Katara.
 
Look out!
 
“Huh?” Katara thought she heard a voice and looked back. She was glad she did because she saw Zuko and his Uncle running into the space, “AANG! SOKKA!” she screamed.
 
“Eh?” Aang looked over at Katara and saw Zuko.
 
Zuko gritted his teeth when they sighted him, “NOW!” he shouted.
 
His soldiers raced into the cave.
 
Aang dashed towards Katara and Sokka, “Come on! Let's get through the door!” He grabbed their wrists and pulled them towards it.
 
“But we don't even know what's behind there!” Sokka shouted.
 
“Well… it could be an exit!” Aang shouted back, “Besides… do you want to go back there with the firebenders?”
 
Sokka thought about it and answered, “Leeeeet's go.”
 
Aang and his friends reached the door and pulled it open.
 
“DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!!!!” Zuko roared.
 
**********Saka-chan, Tohru, and Beth (hours before the incident) ****************
 
“Beth! There you are!” Saka-chan cried, “We were looking for you!”
 
Beth laughed, “Yeah well… There was a lot of stuff I had to do. But… I'm done now!”
 
Saka-chan smiled. It was nice to have such great friends.
 
“So I'll be coming over today ok?” Tohru told Beth.
 
Beth gave a thumb's up, “Yup! We can watch Avatar!”
 
Saka-chan laughed, “I wish I could go too! That'd be lots of fun! Well, I'll see ya tomorrow!” She waved good-bye to her friends and left.
 
**********Later with Beth and Tohru (a few minutes before Aang and his friends reached the wall carving) ************
 
“GIVE ME THE REMOTE!” shouted Tohru as she tackled Beth.
 
“NO! I wanna watch my show before `Avatar' comes on!” Beth retorted.
 
“COME ON!”
 
“NO!”
 
Just then, the TV buzzed and went black.
 
“Huh?!” the two girls stared at it.
 
“Now look what you've done! Tohru shouted.
 
“ME?! You're the one who kept grabbing at the remote!” Beth argued back.
 
There was a high-pitched screech, as the screen flickered and showed a scene where Aang and his friends were walking in a cave. They stopped at a gigantic wall carving of the four elements- water, earth, fire, and air. Aang's forehead lit up and so did the wall carvings. The carvings then rearranged themselves into a door with the word Avatar across it.
 
“Cool!” Beth squealed, “I didn't know `Avatar' came on right now!”
 
“I guess it's a new schedule…” Tohru suggested, “We should call Saka-chan! She'll be so mad if she misses this!”
 
Beth nodded and ran over to the phone to have it ring before she picked it up. Her face frowned and she picked up the receiver, “Hello?”
 
Saka-chan's voice came on, “Beth! `Avatar' is on right now!”
 
Beth laughed, “I know! We were about to call you about that!”
 
Tohru's voice drifted over to where Beth was, “Come on Beth!”
 
“Is that Tohru? Well, I'll let you go now! Bye!”
 
“Bye!”
 
“BETH!”
 
“Coming!” Beth ran into the room and saw Zuko and his uncle sneaking up on Aang and his friends, “Look out!” she screamed.
 
“BETH! They can't hear you!” Tohru groaned. She saw Katara turn around to see Zuko, “Erm… then again…”
 
The two girls saw the group run towards the door and the screen went blank.
 
“WHAT THE?!” Tohru shouted.
 
The TV screen was filled with a blue light and the two girls were shocked to see Aang, Katara, and Sokka emerge from the TV.
 
“T-they… they…” Beth stared at them.
 
“TURN THE TV OFF, BETH!”
 
“Huh?”
 
“TURN IT OFF!”
 
Beth saw Zuko almost reach them and she quickly turned off the TV, “T-that was too close…” She said shakily. The two girls looked at Aang and his friends.
 
Aang stared back, “Um… hi?”
 
Tohru was silent and finally replied, “I'm calling Saka-chan…”
 
Sokka brows furrowed as he thought, `Saka-chan?'
 
******************Meanwhile for Saka-chan*************
 
Saka watched the TV fascinated in the show. Just then, the screen was filled with a blue light and Zuko and Iroh came through. Saka stared in awe at the tall figure of Zuko and the shorter figure of Iroh. Zuko was panting heavily, enraged that the Avatar had alluded him-again! Iroh was breathing heavily as well- tired from all the running. Saka crawled towards Iroh, concern written in her face, “A-are you ok?” she asked.
 
Iroh looked at her and smiled, “Ah… I'll be fine. A cup of ginseng tea would be nice though.”
 
Saka laughed, “I can get you some tea… although it won't be ginseng.”
 
“That's alright… as long as it's tea.” Iroh collapsed unto the floor, “I'm so tired. I need a little rest.”
 
Saka helped him up, “Hey come on… you can rest in my room.”
 
“Thank you. You're very kind,” Iroh leaned heavily on her. Saka staggered under the weight but held her own.
 
Zuko, who had been ignored the whole time, grabbed Saka's arm, “I'll help him… you lead.”
 
Saka looked at him and let go of Iroh, “O-okay…”
 
Zuko studied the young girl in front of him. She had shoulder-length black hair and dark brown eyes that almost looked black. She reached up to his chest in height and looked terrified. Zuko smiled. That seemed to make her relax and she led them to a sparsely furnished room. Zuko helped his uncle onto the bed and watched the girl leave. He seized her arm and asked in a cold voice, “Where do you think you're going?”
 
Saka tried hard to keep her voice from cracking, “I… I'm going to get some tea for your uncle…”
 
She regretted those words as he twisted her arm. She cried out in pain. Zuko pulled her up close and he whispered in her ear, “How do you know he's my uncle? I never gave any indication.”
 
Saka gritted her teeth, `Grr… stupid, stupid, stupid!'
 
Zuko could sense her anger rising and smirked, “Tell me everything.”
 
Saka elbowed him with her other arm. He immediately let go surprised. She spun around as she snarled, “Don't. Tell. Me. What. To. Do. You. Stupid. BRAT!”
 
Zuko was about to hit her when Iroh called out, “That's enough you two. You can argue more later. Miss… may I please have some tea now?”
 
“Yes sir. I was going to get you some when that stupid nephew of yours stopped me, if you excuse me saying.” Saka smirked at Zuko.
 
Zuko's clenched and unclenched his fists trying to keep himself from strangling the girl in front of him.
 
“I'm sorry about that... you must forgive him.” Iroh laughed.
 
“It's ok…” Saka replied cheekily, “I already have forgiven him. It's in his nature anyways. I'll go get your tea now.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
When Saka left, Zuko glared at his uncle, “Why did you stop me?!”
 
“She's a girl Zuko. You shouldn't hurt girls.”
 
“So what if she is a girl?! She's a bitch!”
 
“Now, now Prince Zuko calm down.”
 
“She knew that you were my uncle! A girl that we've never seen before knows us!”
 
“She may have heard of us before Prince Zuko. Have you thought about that possibility?”
 
Zuko snorted, “Hmph… I still want to strangle that bitch.”
 
“Oh shut up already!” came Saka's voice. She stepped into the room with a teapot and two teacups sitting on a platter. She glared at Zuko, “If you want to leave then leave. But I assure, you won't survive very long with that attitude. You'll be thrown in jail right away. Anyways, you might want to change your clothes to those of the 21st century.” She looked kindly at Iroh, “Here is your tea sir.”
 
Iroh smiled warmly, “Thank you…” He poured some tea for himself and took a sip, “Ahhh… perfect. I see that you brought one more cup. Will you be drinking with me?”
 
Saka shook her head, “Actually, I thought your nephew would like some but…”
 
Zuko glared at her, “I don't want any of that shit!” He thought he saw hurt in her eyes.
 
“Fine then…” she replied coldly.
 
The phone rang and she stood up, “Excuse me.” She walked out of the room and willed herself not to cry. She picked up the phone and immediately pulled it away as Tohru screamed, “Oh my god, Saka-chan! Aang and his friends are in Beth's house!!!!! AAAAAH! DON'T TOUCH THAT!” Saka-chan sweatdropped and giggled.
 
She heard Aang's voice saying, “Oooh! What does this do?”
 
“GOD DAMMIT! DON'T TOUCH!!!” Tohru screamed.
 
There was a smacking sound as Aang cried, “Owwwwwww……”
 
“I'm coming over!” Saka shouted over the phone. There was a loud crash and Beth could be heard scolding Sokka. Saka's eye twitched, `Okaaaaaaay…'
 
She ended the call walked back up into her room, “Come on…” She helped Iroh up, “I need to take you two with me to Beth's house. We can sort everything out there… hopefully.”
 
Zuko stayed put at his spot, “I'm not going anywhere with the likes of you.”
 
Saka glared at him, “Oh yes you are!” She pulled him up and hauled him out of the house. Iroh followed behind quietly, still drinking his cup of tea.
 
**************************End of chapter************************
 
Heehee.. what do you think? Review please!