Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Dimension ❯ Dealing with Teachers and Lunch ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Me: Now I warn you… I suck when it comes to fight scenes. Seriously. So please forgive me if this totally sucks. Anyways, thanks for the reviews and sorry this took so long to update! ^^' This is just the first and second periods of school…. And lunch as well. Enjoy! ^_^ Heh…. It's like I'm serving you guys with food… okay… I'll shut up now. Oh wait… one more thing! *groans heard from audience* Sorry! Sorry! But it's summer now for me! Yays! No more school…. For a month or so! ^^' So I should be able to type more. Unless… I go somewhere during summer, or if I have to go to a camp. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
 
***********Let's start with Beth! ***********
 
“Come on you two!” Beth pulled them into the classroom.
 
Aang stared at the eighth graders. One of them passed by, “Wow… they're tall…”
 
The one passing by stared at Aang strangely, “Riiiight.”
 
Beth laughed nervously, “Eh heh… Don't mind him, Lee! He's… an exchange student.”
 
Lee nodded, “Yeah… sure he is.” He looked at Aang, “How old are you?”
 
“I'm twelve!” Aang answered.
 
Lee's eye twitched, “You're only twelve and already in 8th grade?!”
 
Aang was confused, “Uh… yeah?”
 
“Young man!” came a sharp voice.
 
“Huh?” Aang looked over at the direction of the voice...
 
It was a woman in her early 40's. She had short brown hair and keen grey eyes, “Take off that hat right now!”
 
“B-but…”
 
“NOW!”
 
“Um… Mrs. Richi…” Beth intercepted, “You must forgive… Riku.” Beth whispered in the teacher's ear, “He has cancer. That hat makes him feel better since he lost all his hair!”
 
“Oh my!” Mrs. Richi's hands flew to her mouth. She looked at Aang, “You poor, poor child!”
 
Katara nudged Beth, “Beth? What did you tell her?”
 
Beth sweatdropped, “Um… nothing…”
 
*****************Now to Tohru and Sokka****************
 
“This… is so boring,” Sokka banged his head on the desk.
 
“What do you expect? We're talking about Mrs. Hashiri… she makes everything boring.” Tohru replied. She stifled a yawn, “At this point… I fall asleep.” She laid her head down on the table.
 
Sokka sighed and also laid his head down, `I guess I should get some shut eye too…'
 
There was a slam and he jumped back. His heart was racing, and he looked frantically at Tohru to make sure she was alright. She however merely sat up straight with a bored expression on her face.
 
“Sit up! Don't fall asleep in my class!” snapped Mrs. Hashiri.
 
Tohru nodded her head, oblivious to what the teacher was saying, “Uh-huh…”
 
Mrs. Hashiri nearly broke the ruler she was holding as the whole class, including Sokka, sniggered.
 
******************Now to Saka, Iroh, and Zuko*************
 
Mr. Yamiko stared at Iroh, “Excuse me, Saka, but why is this… senior here?”
 
Saka smiled innocently, “This is my uncle, Mr. Yamiko. He came from Japan but don't worry. He understands English. He wanted to see how the schools here in America are!”
 
“Oh I see. Well then,” Mr. Yamiko turned to Iroh, “You're welcome to stay here. Now Saka, who is this young man… and what happened to his eye?”
 
Zuko swallowed hard. Saka just laughed and shook her head, “That's my cousin, Zuko- Well actually… that's just his nickname that he goes by. He doesn't like his real name. As for his eye… there was a… bad accident.” Her face darkened, “I'm… pretty sure he doesn't want to talk about that…”
 
Mr. Yamiko nodded his head understandingly, “I see. Well, he's also welcome to stay.”
 
Saka smiled, “Thank you!” She pulled on Zuko's arm, “Come on, Cuz… you can sit by me! You too Uncle!”
 
She led them to three empty seats. She sat down in one. Zuko and Iroh sat down in the other empty chairs.
 
Zuko watched her intently as she took notes, `There's a lot I don't really know about her… heh. At least she's smart.'
 
Iroh began dozing off. Zuko prodded him, “Uncle!”
 
Iroh's eyes flew open. “Sorry!” he muttered.
 
*******************Second Period*******************
 
Beth, Tohru, Saka, Aang, Katara, Sokka, Iroh, and Zuko met up in a classroom.
 
“Okay… this is second period so… without counting this one… we have two more periods to go.” Saka murmured.
 
“What about connections and teamtime?” asked Tohru.
 
“Oh that's right! I forgot about connections and teamtime…” Saka sighed, “This is gonna be a long day…”
 
Tohru patted Saka's shoulder, “It's okay, Saka-chan.”
 
They sat down in some empty chairs. A young woman stepped into the room and everyone settled down.
 
“Hello class. As you know, Mrs. Ruyuko is out due to complications, and I shall be your substitute. My name is Ms. Rika, and I hope we'll get along fine.” Ms. Rika introduced herself.
 
Tohru scoffed, `I can tell already I'm gonna hate this woman.'
 
“Now then, when I call out your name, I want you to say here. Sakayora!”
 
“Here!” Saka called out.
 
“Sakayora?” Zuko looked over at Saka.
 
Saka shrugged, “That's my full name.”
 
“Yuichi!”
 
“Here!”
 
“Sen!”
 
“Here!”
 
“Beth!”
 
“Here!”
 
“Tohru!”
 
“Whatever.”
 
Ms. Rika peered at Tohru crossly, “You are to say `here!' young woman!”
 
Tohru rolled her eyes, “And as I said before. Whatever.”
 
Ms. Rika looked like she was about to scream but continued on with the list of names. When she was finished she looked at the people that she didn't have a name for. (In other words: Aang, Katara, Sokka, Zuko, and Iroh.) “So tell me. What are your names?”
 
“I'm Aang and these are my friends, Katara and Sokka!” Aang answered.
 
Beth's heart sank, `Oh no…'
 
“I see. Take off that hat!” commanded Ms. Rika. She turned to Iroh and Zuko, “What about you two? What happened to your eye?”
 
Saka answered, “That is my uncle, Iroh and my cousin, Zuko. Zuko was in a bad accident that left a terrible burn on his eye.”
 
“Hmmm.” Ms. Rika nodded, “Well. Let's get started with today's lesson!”
 
Tohru sat back in her chair, `This is so stupid.'
 
A few minutes later, the bell rang for lunch. Everyone got up and headed to the lunch room.
 
********************At the Lunch Room***********************
 
“What to eat? What to eat?” wondered Beth, “Oooh! They have chicken!” She picked up a piece and put it on her tray, “Hmmm. What else to eat?”
 
Aang and Katara stared wide-eyed as Beth piled food on her plate. Saka walked up with an even higher plate, and Tohru, along with Sokka, had two plates piled high with food. Aang's and Katara's mouth dropped.
 
“What?” Saka asked when she saw they're expression, “I'm telling you now. In five hours, you'll be dying of hunger. Heck, some of this stuff I'm just saving for a snack later. I don't know about those two though.” She looked over at Tohru and Beth, “Anyways, you guys better get something to eat. Don't worry. Beth will pay for it all.”
 
“Hey!” Beth pouted, “Why do I have to pay for everything?!”
 
“Because,” Saka explained, “I'm paying for Zuko and Iroh.”
 
“…And I'm paying for Sokka.” Tohru added.
 
Beth glared at them.
 
“Unless…” Saka put on a dramatic expression of sorrow, “You want Aang and Katara to starve!”
 
That got Beth concerned, “Oh no! No! I just thought you were making me pay for everyone's food!”
 
Tohru looked insulted, “Beth! We would never do that you!”
 
“Unless it was just us three.” Saka added jokingly.
 
Beth pouted once more before turning to Aang and Katara, “Well don't just stand there, sillies! Go and get some food!”
 
Katara smiled, “Thanks Beth!”
 
**************After everything's been paid********************
 
“Hey. You're in my spot,” came a rough voice.
 
Tohru looked behind her to see a punk speaking to Sokka. The punk had black, spiky hair and keen grayish-blue eyes. He was tall and a bit muscular. He was wearing a black sleeveless shirt, black leather pants, and a chain.
 
“He has to sit there. If he doesn't, he'll have to sit by the preps. If that happens, his mind will be poisoned by idiocy and air-headedness.” Tohru explained.
 
The punk nodded, “Uh-huh. Right.” He looked over at the others and his eyes rested on Saka, “What about them? Where the hell am I supposed to sit?”
 
Saka overhead and looked at him with puppy-dog eyes, “Oh please, Ryuji… let them sit here. Pwease?”
 
Ryuji turned away, “Grrr… fine. But where am I gonna sit?!”
 
Saka smiled, “You can sit besides Uncle Iroh!”
 
Ryuji cast a sideways glance at her, “Who? You mean the old geezer?”
 
Saka got up and kicked his shin, hard. Ryuji winced and Saka growled in a cold voice, “DON'T CALL HIM AN OLD GEEZER!”
 
Ryuji rolled his yes, “Fine. Fine. Geez. You've been so touchy lately. What's the matter with you?”
 
THWACK!
 
Ryuji glared at Saka as she sat down with her arms crossed, `Stupid girl. I can't believe we were actually best friends before.' He saw Zuko, `Who the hell is that?!'
 
Ryuji sat down next to Iroh and sat back.
 
“Aren't you going to eat?” Iroh asked.
 
Ryuji just shrugged, “I'm not hungry.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Hey Ha-” the words on Ryuji's lips died as Tohru glared daggers at him. He looked away and sighed, `I'm so bored. There's no one to fight.'
 
As everyone happily ate, he studied Aang, Katara, Sokka, Iroh, and Zuko. There was something strange about the kid with the hat (Aang). The girl (Katara) was cute, and the guy with the dark skin (Sokka) looked similar to her. The old man (Iroh) was just old… but he didn't like the guy with the bad eye (Zuko).
 
He looked evil, not to mention his creepy yellow eyes. Ryuji noticed that he kept stealing glances at Saka and that annoyed Ryuji for some reason.
 
“What's your name?” he asked.
 
Zuko looked at him, “Zuko.”
 
Ryuji smirked, “What kind of name is that?”
 
“Shut up, Ryu. Or I'll kill you.” Saka growled before Zuko had a chance to respond, “He's a… relative of mine. And I won't tolerate you being rude to him.”
 
Ryuji shot up from his seat. He glared at Zuko and stalked away.
 
“Stupid asshole.” Saka muttered.
 
Tohru looked over at Saka, “Don't you think you're being a little harsh with him? After all, he was-”
 
“I don't want to talk about it.” Saka cut her off in a flat tone.
 
Tohru stared at her quizzically.
 
Sokka tapped Tohru's shoulder, “You gonna eat that?” He asked as he pointed at her pudding.
 
Tohru picked it up and began eating it, “Yes.”
 
Sokka frowned, “Ah come on… can I have some?”
 
“Here.” Saka pushed her bowl of pudding towards him, “I've lost my appetite.”
 
“Oh no!” Beth cried dramatically, “What are we gonna do, Tohru? Saka-chan is gonna starve!”
 
Saka smiled a little at that, “I'm not gonna starve. I still have- HEY! That's mine!!!!” She grabbed at Aang who had taken her fried chicken leg.
 
Aang scooted back and chomped on it, “This is good!”
 
“DAMN IT, AANG! THAT'S MINE!” Saka shouted. She was about to jump over the table when Iroh grabbed her collar. She fell back onto the floor.
 
“Now, now Little One… let the boy eat.” Iroh helped her up and patted her head.
 
Saka's right eye was twitching.
 
“Uh-oh…” Tohru muttered.
 
“Eh?” Katara looked at her, “What's wrong Tohru?”
 
“Eh heh… let's just say… Saka-chan has some pet peeves…” Beth replied.
 
Tohru nodded with a look of dread on her face, “One: She doesn't like people touching her hair.”
 
Beth nodded. She held up two fingers. “Two: She absolutely hates it when people call her short.”
 
“Three: She has a bad temper… oh wait. That's just how she usually is… erm. You should still watch out for that though.” Tohru added.
 
“And four: … wait a sec. Is there a fourth thing?”
 
“I don't think so.”
 
Aang sweatdropped, “Hey Beth?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“What's a pet peeve anyways?”
 
“It's something that gets on your nerves.” Beth answered.
 
*****-Back to Iroh and Saka-*****
 
“DON'T CALL ME LITTLE!!!” Saka screamed.
 
Iroh stared at her in surprise, “Alright then-”
 
“But you are little.” Zuko replied smugly. Saka lowered her head.
 
Tohru closed her eyes, “He's done it.”
 
Beth nodded, “Yup. Evacuate?”
 
Tohru shook her head, “Hold on… I wanna see what Saka-chan does first.”
 
Aang, Katara, and Sokka stared at each other nervously.
 
Saka's head snapped up. She was beside herself in fury. She swung her fist at Zuko. Zuko caught it and was surprised at how powerful the force was. Then he saw that her eyes had become mahogany.
 
`Oh shit…' he thought.
 
She pulled back her fist, but Zuko didn't let go. She smiled viciously and punched him in the stomach with her free hand.
 
Zuko winced and let go. He jumped over the table and got into a defensive position.
 
Saka watched him carefully noting the difference in their height and where to strike next. She waited for him to make the first move.
 
Zuko swallowed, `I don't really want to fight her but…' He saw that everyone, even the teachers, had stopped eating and were watching them, `I'm not gonna lose to her.'
 
Beth and Katara turned away, while Tohru and Sokka watched on silently. Aang walked towards Iroh. Iroh looked at him nodded. He and Aang got everyone, with the exception of Beth, Katara, Sokka, and Tohru, out.
 
Zuko relaxed a little when he saw that mostly everyone had left.
 
Saka's eyes were still mahogany as she spoke to Zuko, “Well then. Let me test how strong you really are.”
 
Zuko's eye narrowed, “So… is this just a game to you?”
 
`Saka' smiled slowly, “A little. It's exciting for me… a fight between a banished firebending prince and me… the soul of a female firebender who dwells in a different body.”
 
Tohru stared at Saka, `What the hell is she talking about?'
 
“I guess that is a little exciting…” Zuko replied, “But there is no way I'm gonna lose to you.”
 
“You need to be humbled little boy… but enough talk. We fight now!” `Saka' charged at him, tired of waiting. She ducked just as she reached him and slammed into him.
 
Zuko went back a few paces but was still standing. He growled and lurched at her. Zuko grabbed her both of her arms, and forced her down to her knees.
 
`Saka' grinded her teeth to keep herself from crying out. She pushed him off and, by mistake, landed on top of him. Saka blinked and her eyes became dark brown. She stared at Zuko and blushed. She scrambled off of him, “WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!”
 
Tohru's mouth was gaping, “Saka-chan! You were fighting Zuko and talking strangely and…” She stopped and shook her head, “…Ah forget it. Let's go.”
 
Tohru turned around and began to leave. Everyone else but Zuko, Iroh, Aang, and Saka followed.
 
Aang gazed at Saka, “That wasn't you who was fighting… was it?”
 
Saka visibly stiffened and avoided the stares of the three guys. She seemed miserable, “It's… not my fault. I don't know how to…” She sighed dejectedly, “Never mind.” She went and caught up with Tohru and Beth.
 
Iroh peered at his nephew, “You wouldn't happen to know what's wrong… would you, Prince Zuko?”
 
Zuko watched Saka as she walked away. He turned to his uncle, “Of course not.”
 
Zuko and Aang began to walk towards the group. Iroh's eyebrows furrowed, and he too went towards the group.
 
*********Back at the classroom************
 
Everyone stared at Saka and Zuko warily. Ms. Rika stalked towards the group and gulped, “S-since you two have been fighting on school grounds… I-”
 
Tohru yawned, “I'm bored.” She looked at her friends and smiled, “Let's go… After all, we've already finished our finals last week… I have no idea what this woman has to teach us!” She turned around, “Later.”
 
Saka smothered her laughs as they walked out of the school.
 
Aang stretched and yawned. He looked at Tohru, “What are we gonna do now?”
 
“Ask about your pasts.” Saka replied flatly.
 
Aang's eyes were full of fear, “A-are you serious?!”
 
He sweatdropped when Saka smacked her forehead, “I was kidding! Anyways… we already know about your-” She blinked and smacked her head again. She smiled foolishly, “Ah… heh heh heh heh. Um… never mind?”
 
Tohru and Beth looked at each other questioningly. Tohru nodded and they grabbed hold of Saka and pulled her away from Aang, Katara, Sokka, Iroh, and Zuko.
 
“How do you know about their past, Saka-chan?” Beth whispered.
 
“It showed it on the last episode `The Storm'! Or well… just why Aang had disappeared for a century and why Zuko has that scar…” Saka answered quietly.
 
“YOU KNOW WHY ZUKO HAS THAT SCAR?!” Tohru shouted.
 
“Shhhhhhh!!!!!” Saka cried pleadingly, “Don't-”
 
“You know?” Zuko was staring straight at Saka.
 
Saka couldn't tell what his expression was. It seemed to have the impressions of fear, sadness, anger, and… hope?
 
“Uh… well… you remember how Tohru said that you guys were characters in a show? Well…”
 
“So you found out by that?” Zuko kept his voice level but inside he felt despair like no other.
 
Saka nodded. Iroh, who had been silent the whole time, told Saka, “Well then, at least you know Zuko does have kindness, yes?”
 
Saka got a determined look in her eye, “Yeah! It's despicable what-” Suddenly, she stopped herself.
 
There was an awkward silence until Katara asked, “So… um… what are we gonna wear tomorrow? Unless we're gonna wear this again…?”
 
Tohru gasped, “You're right! To the mall!”
 
Saka and Beth nodded, “To the mall!”
 
The others shuffled away from them a bit, “To the mall?!”
 
The three girls smiled mischievously.
 
“I got Sokka!” announced Tohru.
 
“Aang and Katara!” Beth added. She grabbed their arms.
 
“Then that means… HEY!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO GET STUCK WITH ZUKO?!” Saka shouted.
 
“Don't worry! Iroh will be there to make sure you two don't kill each other!” Beth replied.
 
Saka's voice was full of sarcasm. “Geez… thanks a lot.”
 
She looked at Iroh and Zuko, “Come on Uncle Iroh… Cousin Zuko…”
 
“That's the spirit!” Beth cheered.
 
Saka bristled, “SHUT UP!!!”
 
“But first! Let's go home and get some money!” Tohru patted Saka's head.
 
“Ok.”
 
*****************End Chappie!********************
 
Sorry I haven't been updating! >.< But I found the disc! (Is it disc or disk? Hmmmm…) This is the original chappie! *sighs* So happy! I hope you liked the chapter!