Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Ink Poisoning ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Written on a bench in a clothing store. If anyone can tell me what “oh-no-etry” is fun, I'll give them a cookie.
 
Ink Poisoning
 
Katara could say she was confused. She could say a lot of things. There was the question of why Toph had tied Zuko's arms to the back of the chair with her shoelaces, why Sokka was hoarding all his papers and writing utensils at least five feet away, or why Aang was ripping part of a piece of paper and waving a lighter beneath Zuko's stuff. Yes, Katara could've said she was many things.
 
She decided against it.
 
(When were her friends like this? Would they ever stop taking trips to Crazy Town together?)
 
Zuko gave her a pleading look. “Help.”
 
“I'm sure your crime was worth the punishment,” she answered, not even looking in their direction. It usually was.
 
“It was not!” he shouted at the same time of three “It was!”
 
“Aang,” she called, closing her eyes and sitting back. “Stop playing with his lighter.”
 
He sheepishly gave it up.
 
“Now tell me what happened.”
 
Sokka pointed an accusing finger at the tied up boy. “He was writing poetry!”
 
“Bad poetry,” Toph concluded.
 
“Oh-noetry,” Aang agreed.
 
Katara raised an eyebrow. “…Poetry. Zuko was writing poetry.”
 
The boy looked away, biting his cheeks to hiding an obvious blush. “They didn't have to attack me for it.”
 
Sokka waved a pen in the air. “He's not allowed near paper or ink.”
 
Katara stared at Zuko a bit longer before shaking her head. “I won't ask. I'm not going to ask. I don't want to ask.”
 
Zuko was glad she didn't.