Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ Fitting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing With Heat Ch2: Fitting

You sit there on the floor, shivering for an hour or so. Then you hear footsteps come to the door, and Zuko walks in. He ignores you and digs through a drawer full of clothing.

“You know, I seriously did nothing,” You tell him, and stood up. You rub your arms, trying to create friction for warmth.

“Like I’ve never heard that before.”

“Seriously!” You know you sounded like you were whining, but you were cold and soaking wet. You seriously wanted to get some nice warm, dry clothes. Anything would be better than these ones you have on. “I’m not joking!”

“Neither am I.”

You pout, glaring daggers at the exiled prince as he set aside a pair of red pants and one of his shirts. He looks back at you, looking you over.

“Here they are.”

“What?” You mumbled, staring at her like he was crazy.

“Your clothes. They’re right here.” He pointed to them casually, staring at you as if daring you to object.

As you eye the clothing, you just know they were for guys. They were most likely his, but you were so cold, you would wear anything. Heck, you know your going to end up in his, but you didn’t want to just throw them on silently.

“Aren’t those yours?”

You watch in awe when he blushes a little and turns his head, his back to you.

“Yeah. What of it?”

“I am not wearing your clothes. They’re for guys!”

“Well, would you rather die of hypothermia?”

“No.”

“Then I’d suggest you shut up and wear them, whether you like it or not.” He snapped, turning back around, arms now crossed. You just noticed his arms had some muscles, and he had pale skin. He was fire nation, so why did he have pale skin? Well, you did notice in the show that most of them did have pale skin...

“Well, I don’t like it.” You retort, standing up to examine the red clothing.

“Well, I don’t care.” He snapped, right back like a crocodile. You ignore his stare, and place the clothing back down.

Then you turn to him, crossing your arms. Waiting for him to get the message, you stamp your foot impatiently. You were wearing some tennis shoes and it felt weird for the socks were wet too.

“What?” He finally asked, sounding annoyed as he stared at you. “What are you waiting for? Get dressed!”

“No!” You shale your head stubbornly. “Not unless you get out.”

He sweat dropped. “What? But this is my room, not yours!”

“I’m not changing with you staring at me like that.”

Zuko growled, “whatever.” And the door slammed and he yelled that he was giving you two minutes, whether you were decent or not.

“That’s right.” You mutter, quickly changing your wet clothing into the warm, dry ones. It was kind of hard taking off your wet ones, but you managed just fine.

Right when you pulled the shirt down, the door opened, revealing an impatient looking Zuko. “Are you done now?”

“What does it look like?”

He snorts and quickly burns your clothing. You watch in boredom, this seriously was crazy! Watching him study you shoes, you get a kick at the look on his face.

“Where are you from again?”

You tell him the town you really live in, not telling him what nation. He took it, and burned the shoes.

“Wow, weird shoes they have there....” He muttered, rolling his eyes. You just noticed that they were golden, right now.

“Hey, look at yours! They all loopy and stuff!”

“Hey, these are for royal people, unlike you!”

“Eh, your just jealous of my fashionable shoes.”

“I would never call those fashionable.”

You both growl, inching closer to each other. Your eyes lock, his eyes like fire itself. Soon, you find yourself losing your anger in his deepness of eyes. In the show, you usually thought Sokka’s blue eyes were cool, but right now, you were getting a whole different view. I mean, you have to spend your time with ZUKO!!! The evil guy chasing all the action, with the avatar, and your captured. This stinks.

“Nephew.” You hear Irohs voice call from the other door and you almost smile. But you remember you have to act like you’ve never heard of these people before, so you put on this shocked face.

Zuko bought it and walked to the door, like nothing just happened. “What uncle?”

“UNCLE?!?!” You screech, like in a coma or something.

The fat old general walked in, his too golden eyes staring over at you. He offers you a friendly smile, while rubbing his pot belly.

“Hello young lady, have we met before?”

“Well, earlier yeah.” You rub the back of your head, shyly.

“Shut up!” Zuko snapped to you, looking at Iroh once more. You glare at Zuko, wishing you were a fire bender so fire could strike his back violently. “What the heck do you want uncle?”

“I was just checking up on you, wondering if the young lady would like some fresh air.”

“She needs nothing but bars uncle,” Zuko hissed, glancing back at you dangerously. You mentally shrink, compared to him.

“Zuko, you are scaring her.” Iroh exclaimed, looking past Zukos shoulder to offer you a reassuring smile. You just blink back innocently.

“I don’t care, I want to scare her! She’s just a girl.”

Iroh gasped, as if horrified. “Zuko! I never thought a member of my family would say that! She is coming out to get fresh air, no arguments nephew. I am beginning to ponder where your manners have run off to.”

Zuko balled his hands into fists, not looking at you. “Fine uncle. Take the stupid prisoner outside, only if it will make you shut up.” He snarled, storming out of the room, hitting the wall.

“Wow, anger management.” You mutter, watching the wall slightly bend a little.

“What?”

“Never mind.”

You only smile and follow Iroh down the hallway, and you wonder how you’re going to get out of this mess.