Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing With Heat Ch14:

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!!

YOUR POV

The knife was vanquished in mid air as Zuko shot a fire ball at it, and you flinched from some embers coming off the destroyed remains. Glaring at Mai, who was now in a fighting stance on the boat, you take a deep breath, preparing to blast her to kindgom come.

"No," Zuko suddenly tackled you to the floor, behind some barrels just as an explosive exploded above your head. He shieled your body with his, staring down at you. "You need to get inside."

"I can't let you fight her alone!" You tell him, shaking your head just at the thought. "She's too dangerous!"

"No. It's too dangerous for you to be out here when I fight. I might lose control of the fire and it may end up burning you. Please, go inside. I don't know what I'd do if I hurt you." He told you, his eyes pleading with yours.

"I really don't like this," You said in defiance, pouting.

"Neither do I, but I need you to go inside. This is my fight anyway." Zuko said, more urgently.

"Where are you idiots? Zuko is a traitor and this other girl is some tramp." Mai called out, closer now. "I will find you, and when I do...."

"Look," Zuko said in a heated whisper, his eyes burning into yours. "Do this for me, okay? Go inside and find Uncle, and tell him to set sail to Kioshi Island."

Kioshi Island?

Isn't that where Suki and the girl warriors are?

You forgot when the Avatar and his friends went there, since you haven't seen the show in awhile. You never really had any of it anyway though, so you had no idea. You just hoped Zuko knew what he was doing.

"Okay, I'll do it. But just because I might get in your way." You tell him, sighing. He looked happy for a second, relieved. You leaned up to give him a kiss on his lips, for a few seconds. He kissed you like no tomorrow, his movements jerky and in a frenzy. He didn't stop until you pulled away, nodding.

"Just run, and don't look back." He ordered gently, biting his lower lip.

You nod, letting him know you understood him. Standing up, you sprinted for the door in the metal wall at the end of the ship. You heard Mai yell some things, but you didn't dare look back. In fact, you don't think you've ever ran this fast before. Well, something would make you run fast with a crazy, spoiled girl was after you with dozens of daggers.

"Uncle!" You yelled when you got inside. Running down the halls, you found the retired general in a room drinking some tea.

You weren't surprised.

"Ah! You're back!" He said, with a grin across his face.

"Yeah," You panted, catching your breath. For some reason, running that fast made your heart beat faster and you lost your breath. "But you need-"

"Would you care for some tea?" He asked, smiling as he held out a tea cup.

"No I-"

"Please, it's my favorite. It's called Jasmine Tea." He urged, winking.

Your right eye twitched in annoyance and you snatched the cup, shaking your head. After placing it down on the table on your right, you got back in his face. "Okay, Zuko is out there fighting with Mai, and I-"

"Ah! I knew they always disliked one another."

"STOP interrupting me!" You shouted, panicking. What if Zuko needed your help right now, and you were in the ship, arguing with his uncle? "Zuko told me to tell you that-"

"He would like some tea." Iroh finished, laughing.

Frowning, you grabbed the collar of his armor. You have no idea where the sudden strength came from, but you held him up, and he silenced himself in shock.

"Look, this isn't the time for your stupid jokes!" You hissed, eyes wide. "Zuko needs our help, and I'm here to make sure he gets it."

"What does he need?" Iroh asked, now serious.

You grinned, knowing what and where he needed to go.

LATER ON

"Zuko?" You wandered down the ship, looking around for him. It was around sunset, and he still hadn't come back inside. Your eyes searched everywhere for the banished prince, but all you saw was burnt marks on the ground and some knifes stabbed in some places.

"Zuko? Where are you?" You called, louder. Your heart started getting slower, trying to calm yourself down. "Zuko! Please listen to my voice and come here."

Silence.

Well, some kind of bug made some noises on your right.

Was he dead?

What happened to him?

"Over here." A weak voice called out.

Eyes wide, you ran over to the voice, recognizing it was Zuko's. He was behind a barrel, and you winced. Some blood was running down his arm and he looked paler than usual, which was saying something great. His eyes were closing, and you kneeled besides him.

"Where is she?" You asked quietly, eyes darting around.

"Gone." He muttered, closing his eyes.

You patted his cheek, making his eyes reopen. "Don't close your eyes, okay? I need to get you to a doctor or something. Just try your best not to fall asleep or get knocked out."

He said nothing as you tried to pick him up. He was heavier than he looked, skinny hips, long legs, and a muscled chest. He was heavy, and bigger than you. You grunted as you picked him up, your hands shaking from the extreme weight.

"Just go," He whispered. "Get someone else to carry me. You're too weak."

You scoffed, at the insult. You never really cared when someone told you were weak in your world for some reason. It's not like you wanted to be as strong as Bruce Lee or even Zuko. But for some reason, when Zuko said that, it hurt your ego.

Blinking your eyes in determination, you wrapped his long arm around your neck. "Hold on," You told him, gritting your teeth as you prayed for power. Sweat began to form on your back as you hunched over, and yanked his whole body over your back.

He was laying across your back, his arms wrapped around your neck. His head fell limply against your back, and you blushed. "Ready?"

"I cannot believe you're doing this- you could hurt your back." Ha, even when he was in pain, he still cared about you. Your heart felt warm about this, and you grinned.

"You're one to talk. Just hold on to me, okay?" You started walking, slowly, for you kept almost falling. Each time you almost lost your balance, you grunted loudly and made yourself get it back. You knew his feet were dragging behind you, but you didn't care.

All you needed to do was get him to safety.

"You're probably the bravest girl I've ever met." He murmured, and you laughed when he smelled you from behind. "Second to my sister, although she is a little on the crazy side of the family."

"What do you mean?"

"My dad and he, I consider them the crazy people. Like my grandfather, and all the rest, they were all crazy too. Whoever was born like them, are crazy."

His words were slurred, and it sounded like he was drunk or something. Uh oh, that was a bad sign. You picked up your speed, and carried on.

"Then wouldn't you be crazy?" You asked quietly, waiting for him to answer.

He was silent for a few moments, and you even looked over your should to check if he was knocked out. But he looked deep in thought, his eyes burning into your back.

"....Do you think I'm crazy?" He asked, so quietly you had to strain your ears to listen to what he said.

"No. I would never think that." You said gently, and you laughed when he grinned against your back.

"Thanks. Where are you from again? What nation?" He asked, speaking louder, which was a good sign.

Ummm, which nation should you be? You already told him what town you really lived in, back in your world, but you never really told him what nation. Well, if you were an airbender, shouldn't you be in the air nation. You thought of a realistic lie.

"Um... I'm mainly from the air nation. When I was born, uh, I was born in the wester air temple. My parents decided to go against the whole monk thing, since they never wanted me to be bald, so they took me to the earth nation in Ba Sing Se. They both got murdered late one night." You spoke the last sentence sadly, trying to make it real sounding.

".... Have you ever seen the Avatar there?" He asked.

"No, I haven't." You answered back, sighing. "All these years I thought he was gone, vanished like they all said. But my old best friend never lost hope, and told me he was still out there. I think this whole war is a joke, just of the fire nation being selfish."

"We just want to be stronger." Zuko argued weakly, and you almost forgot he was the Prince of the fire nation.

"I hate the fire nation. A bandit killed my parents, who belonged with the fire nation. He would've killed me too, if I didn't run away. I was always a pretty decent runner. And your nation could be stronger- they don't have to kill innocent lives to get what they want." You said bitterly, almost believing the story. Weird.

You were about to ask him about his scar, to see his side of the story. Of course you heard him say it all in the show, but the moment seemed almost magical, like a dream or something. You were getting closer to the door, maybe 20 feet away from it.

But, to your dismay, he said nothing and stayed quiet.

"And I just found out I was an airbender, for my mother used to be one. I used to always be kind of jealous of her, but knew that was mean and almost wrong. She was....A very strong one too." It felt like someone inside of you was saying all this stuff, for you knew your real mother was no bender.

"Was it... Shocking? To find you you were a bender?" Zuko asked.

"Yes, very shocking. Even now, it's just so...." You almost think about telling Zuko the truth, that you're not from this world but from another. You get to the point when something inside of you feels like it's building up, like you've been lying for awhile and just want to confess. But you know your job is to help Zuko out, and make sure he joins the Avatar soon and make it through the war. You still have no idea what is supposed to happen to you once this is all over. Will you stay here as a bender, or go back to your old world?

Who knows.

"Unbelievable." Zuko finished, in a hushed whisper.

You two stayed quiet for a few moments, just the sound of his dragging feet and your heavy footsteps. The door was getting closer and closer, until you were able to open it.

"Here we are," You said happily, opening it wide. Once inside, the whole crew crowds around you and takes the Prince out of your hands. They rush off with him, taking him to the doctor or something.

Sighing, you decided to go to sleep.

THREE DAYS LATER

Sitting by the window in your room, it was morning. Zuko hasn't walked out of the healing room for quite some time. Iroh said he was doing good, but you didn't have the heart to visit him. For one, you felt really guilty for lying to him right to his face. Two, that heart to heart talk was bothering you for some reason. Three, you were too busy thinking about what would happen to you when this was all over.

So many questions.

Like, why was everyone kind of different here? Like, Katara was kind of nice in the show, but here, she kidnapped you! And Zuko was way better looking in person, and looked stronger and more mature. Jet was..... More creepy, totally not like how he was in thw show. And Mai, was more crazy here.

And if she was crazy, when she wasn't in the show, just think about Azula.

You shivered just from the thought.

"Guess what," You turned in shock to see Zuko grinning, ear to ear. He was blushing, but looked seriously happy.

"What?" You asked, kind of happy for him.

"My sister came early this morning, and told me my father wants me home." He said in a rush, and you were shocked, Didn't that happen way later on? This was the part when he thought his sister was telling the truth, and had to cut his hair.

Great, just perfect.

"Really?" You sounded excited, smiling back. "That's great!"

"Yeah it is!" He hugged you quickly, pulling back to kiss you on the cheek. "We're going to go back to the palace, and you'll get to see my room and everything. Then maybe-"

"Zuko, we have a problem with that." You said sadly, sighing. Zuko looked confused for a moment, and you decided to tell him. "I can't go."

REVIEW!!!

-YolandaFriella