Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Rivalry ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Sibling Rivalry
It's natural, they said, for them to be like this.
For Azula to steal his toys and bring them back burnt and broken.
For Zuko to hide snakes in her bed sheets saying he thought she might miss her real family.
For Azula to play tricks on him under the ruse they were “playing.”
For Zuko to threaten her with words seven-year-olds shouldn't even know.
They were brother and sister, after all. Siblings fought.
So when Azula learned a new trick and “practiced” it on her brother…
When Zuko used his new swords to hold them against her throat and make her promise never to do that again…
When she told lies to make him worry about himself or his mother…
When he tried to beat her smug face in just before someone stopped him…
When she convinced her father the best way to punish her stupid brother was exile…
When he didn't mind exploding her in hope she might finally die
When she squealed like a girl in love when she got the news she was allowed to kill him…
When he finally watched the blood slip from her heart, which he swore was as dead and cold as she would be in a few minutes…
Well, they said. Everyone's kids are like this. It's just sibling rivalry.
Notes:
I'm stuck on Avatar. I'm working on Normal Like You but all I can do is write mean fanfiction where characters die.
And when you've only listened to a CD for the fifteenth time in a row and start itching to write fanfiction using the songs, that's when you know you might actually have to get up and go outside.
Review, or… whatever.