Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Something in Common ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
WARNING: This story has some gore scenes! If you have a sensitive stomach you should stop reading. There is blood, there is disassemble body parts, there is…deaths.
 
 
Chapter 8
 
 
Live, my love
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had just freed Rin from the altar, when Inu Yasha and others came in and looked in horror around the wall of corpses that made up the chamber. Souls were trying to sneak back in; Inu Yasha pointed his sonar gun at them trying to give Sesshomaru and Rin a chance to escape. They started to run into the tunnel when Rin stop and turned around and ran back into the chamber.
 
“What you doing!” yelled Sesshomaru.
 
“My recorder!” said Rin as she grabs the video recorder. It was still recording.
 
Then they heard Naraku calling out to them.
 
“NOOOO! Get her! Bring back the virgin! NOW!!!” yelled Naraku.
 
Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha were at the entrance of the tunnel using the sonar gun at the on coming souls. The earth started to shake. Rocks and parts of the cave start to cave in on Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha. He threw the sonar gun at Kouga, before they jumped out the way in time before big rocks crashed to the ground right on top of where they were standing, blocking their only way out of the chamber. He threw the sonar gun at Kouga.
 
“SESSHOMARU!!!! NO!!” cried Rin as Kagome pulls her back.
 
“We got to keep running! Come on Rin.” said Kagome as she pushes Rin in front of her.
 
There was no time for grieve over Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha and rest of their fallen friends and family.
 
When they reached (once again) at the big chamber they stop to decide which way was the way out (once again). Kouga keeps pointing the sonar gun at the souls keeping them away from the girls.
 
“Which way?!” cried Kagome.
 
Rin could see something like a faint bit light at the end of one the tunnels.
 
“Look!” pointing at a figure at one of the tunnels.
 
“Miroku?!” said Kagome.
 
It was the soul of Miroku, guiding them to the right tunnel to escape. They ran into the tunnel. As they ran they thanked Miroku, knowing there was still hope, thanks to him.
 
Kouga kept shooting the sonar gun at the souls; they were determined to get Rin back. They finally reached the narrow area of the tunnel that they had to walk through sideways. Rin was first to make it through then Kagome. Kouga was about to make it through when the wall of that part of the tunnel began closing in on him.
 
“KOUGA! HURRY!” yelled Kagome as she grabs his hands trying to pull him out.
 
“It's too late! Go Kagome!”
 
“NO! I'M NOT LEAVING YOU!” she cried out.
 
He knows he only had a second before he is flattened. He looked into her brown chocolate eyes.
 
“Live, my love… Live.” said Koga as he took his last breath before his skull and rest of his body was flattened by the walls of the narrow; caved in; tunnel.
 
“NO!” yelled Kagome as Rin grabs her hand and pulled her to keep running. Now they didn't have the sonar gun, they had to keep moving. The last sonar gun was with Kouga.
 
They ran fast as they could through the darkness and screams of Naraku and other souls that were after them.
 
“RIN! COME BACK!” yelled Naraku.
 
“Hell no!” she yelled back at him as she ran for her life.
 
They could see the light at the end of the long tunnel.
 
“We're *breath* almost *breath* there!” said Rin as she and Kagome ran.
 
They were just couple of feet from the exit when Rin tripped and fell to the ground; Kagome falling on top of her. They knew it was over. The souls that were just a foot from them would be able to grab them and pull them back into the darkness of the cave. Both of their eyes closed waiting for the cold hands to cover their bodies and drag them back.
 
But it never did.
 
They slowly opened their eyes when they realized that what they were waiting for never happen. They looked behind of them. They could see the souls and Naraku forming a wall but it was just an arm length away.
 
“Huh?!” said Kagome.
 
“Look up there, Kagome.” said Rin as she pointed to the ceiling of the cave.
 
What they saw was a big gold and silver cross. And the souls couldn't step a foot beyond it. They also noticed that what Rin tripped over was another cross on the ground.
 
“It forms a barrier so they can't leave the cave!” said Kagome.
 
“Come on! Let's get the hell out of here!” replied Rin as she got up and helped Kagome up, they can kept running out of the cave.
 
She really didn't want to stick around and look at the crosses as Naraku face was just a foot from them yelling at them to come back.
 
They ran into the ray of sunlight. But they didn't stop at the entrance of the cave. No. They keep running until they reach to their campsite. Rin fell to her knees as she wraps her arms around her still naked body and cradles the video recorder.
 
“We…*breath* we made *breath* it?! Right?” said Kagome unsure this is real. That they really did survive.
 
“Yes…Yes we did.” said Rin as she cries for those who didn't make it; Kagome grabs a blanket from one of the tents and wrapped it around Rin. They hugged each other as they cried together for their lost love ones and the horror that they had just witnessed.