Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Ties that Bond (and Gag) ❯ Tea ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ties that Bond (and Gag)
 
Aang found Zuko's uncle to be a pleasant old man, if not a bit eccentric. Toph and he already seemed to have some sort of relationship (he didn't ask when or how, deciding they'd had enough news for a meanwhile), so they sat down for tea.
 
“I'm amazed my nephew could keep this secret for so long,” Iroh said with the jolly tone he seemed to have taken on since the whole ordeal began. “He's never been particularly good at that.”
 
“I knew Katara was sneaking off in the middle of the night,” Toph said, “I just didn't know where.”
 
Aang remained silent, glancing over at the chaos around them. Katara was yelling at Sokka, who was yelling at Zuko, who seemed absolutely shocked at the presence of his sister and her companions. (Granted, they all had been, except for Iroh, who had chuckled almost menacingly. He'd then muttered something about “when Zuko's father finds out,” sending the prince into hysterics.)
 
“So this is really going to happen,” the young Avatar murmured.
 
“By the looks of things, yes,” the elderly man said, pouring a third cup for himself, and a second for Toph.
 
Toph did very little to hide her smirk, sipping down the tea.
 
“By the looks of things,” she said, “they should've just eloped.