Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Ties that Bond (and Gag) ❯ Better than a Broom Closet ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, I was totally going to do a fluffy chapter, but fuck it, I've got no brains. To make up for it, here's multiple chapters.
This one because Mai is awesome.
 
Ties that Bond (and Gag)
 
After the wedding, Mai was on a mad search for Ty Lee, absolutely bored to tears as the gathered kept trying not to kill each other. (Even the bride and groom were having trouble.) The little blind girl had warned her that searching for people had never ended well amongst their group, but the assassin needed something to do.
 
So she went after Ty Lee, who had disappeared not long after the ceremony had been over. The acrobat had always been her only source for entertainment (right after her own experiments on herself and those around her. Still, gluing the bride to a tree did not seem the best way to celebrate.)
 
Besides, it was a relief to get away. The Water Tribe boy had been yelling all week long about his sister's choice in men (similar to her own, she was forced to admit, but only in privacy to the now-missing Ty Lee) and the amount of those hailing from the Fire Nation going up (her heritage was not her fault, she had complained, impassionate, the same night.) Not to mention the fact that both Katara and Zuko spent half the time sneaking off to make out (annoying, she had mentioned, but at least they knew where they were.)
 
So it was certainly a surprise when she found both the annoying boy and her best friend hiding in the very same spot the married couple took up, doing the very same activity.
 
Well, she said later that night, having no real reaction whatsoever, at least he has a better use for that mouth.