Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ Realizations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Realizations
 
“Aang! AANG! HELLO?!” Sokka shook Aang out of his trance.
“Huh? What?” Aang got up quickly expecting danger.
“You okay Aang?” Sokka asked curiously.
“No…” Aang looked in the distance in deep thought. Sokka just stared at Aang for a bit quite confused.
“What's bothering you? This is the third time today!” Sokka asked. Earlier Sokka had tried to get Aang to get some food but he drifted off. It happened also later after that when they were talking about Fire Nation and they asked his opinion.
“I have a weird feeling…I can't explain it.” Aang said looking at the ground.
“Try to explain it Aang.” Sokka said. He didn't really care but he figured Katara would want him to do it so he just listened anyway.
“It's like a happy feeling. But I want to…hug?” Aang felt stupid when he said this, I mean he was 16 now, he had been feeling this for a while but has never tried to explain it and just ignored it.
“Hug?” Sokka almost laughed.
“What?” Aang glared at Sokka, 18 year old Sokka who became more of a brother towards Aang.
“Nothing…so who do you want to hug? Is it like a mom thing? Or…” Sokka starting realizing something and started to get more serious.
“Or what?” Aang asked not recognizing the expression on Sokka's face.
“When do you get this feeling?” Sokka asked Aang. Aang started freaking out now but kept it together and answered the question.
“When I'm with Katara…I don't know why. I just feel like hugging her.” Aang shrugged, Katara had been his best friend for a while now, it was okay for him to say he wants to hug her…he never realized that it was more than a “friendly” hug he wanted to do.
“You like Katara?” Sokka asked.
“Of course! She's my best friend!” Aang said. He was 16 but he had never really met any other girls before that he actually liked THAT much.
“No…I mean, you LIKE LIKE. You have it for my sister?!?!” Sokka was pissed now, Katara was obviously going to have her heart broken…I mean, how many girls would LOVE to be Aangs girl? And he hasn't been exposed to any others so the chances of his unfaithful-ness were high…well to Sokka that is. Sokka was about to whack Aang when he realized that Katara probably though of Aang as more of a younger brother because Sokka would always refer to Aang as her boyfriend and she'd steam at him, “NO HE'S NOT!”
“I have what for your sister? I mean Katara.” Aang blushed when he thought of Katara. Sokka realized, Aang realized, and Katara was just arriving with the firewood.