Ayashi No Ceres Fan Fiction ❯ What? ❯ What? ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
What do you do when you're dead sure you're the biggest loser in the world? What do you do when you're betrayed by someone you love? What do you do when someone wants you dead? What are you supposed to do when that someone is your family? What if it's the one you love?

My name is Aya Mikage and I fit all of the above.

I don't understand what's going on! My own family wants me dead because they think I'm some kind of angel-thingy or something like that! They took my brother away from me... then told my own father to look me in the eyes and shoot me in the head.

They killed my daddy. Then my mom tried to kill me. I keep wondering if Aki hates me now. Because whatever happened to him, they said I did it. I couldn't have! I wouldn't! There's no way I would do that to my own brother!

What am I supposed to do? I can't just sit and cry! But it seems like that's all I can do for right now. Tooya won't help me... He's working for THEM... Why do I feel attracted towards someone who wants nothing more than to hurt me and kill me? I just don't get it.

Ceres, whatever you are... get the hell out of me! You've ruined my life! I hate you! I want so badly to hurt you like you hurt me! But if I do that... I'll hurt myself even more. You stupid bitch, why did you have to interfere!? I know I sound like a whining toddler, but I want my LIFE back!

The people I'm living with are nice I guess. Yuuhi is a TOTAL jerk, though. He acts like I can help it or something! Other times, he acts like I'm nothing but an annoying little freak. Maybe he's right. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

I feel like I'm nothing but trouble. Maybe my family is right. Maybe I should be dead. Aki would be alright again and at least he might get a normal life back. If I were gone, everything might turn out good. Yuuhi wouldn't be bothered with me anymore and the Aogiris would have their lives back. My family would be safe and Tooya could...

I don't know... I wish I knew him better... But that's not the way things are. The way things are right now is that the world is against me. Maybe I should just go pick up that knife I snitched from Yuuhi... Maybe I should end it all now...

That's it, Aya... Just pick the knife up. Good girl! You're holding it, now all you need to do is use it. All you need to do is...

"Aya, stop it!"

What now?! What else is going to happen!?

"Put that down!"

Daddy?

"Aya... I meant what I said. I want you to live."

Daddy! I'm so sorry! Everything happened because of me!

"Aya, did I lay down my life for you to throw yours away?"

NO! No, Daddy! Of course not!

"Then put the knife down."

I will. I'll live, Daddy! I promise I will!

"That's my girl..."

Thank you, Daddy...

So I guess I'll keep living. I don't know what'll happen, but my life doesn't end right here, tonight. I might die later on, whether by my family's hand or someone else, but until then, I'll fight for myself.

I won't let you win, Ceres.

What?