Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Chiyo's Valentines Surprise ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chiyo's Valentines Surprise
by
triviatrap1982

I don't own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma

Chiyo Mihama (known as Chiyo-chan to her friends) invited them over to her house on Valentines day. She said she had a very special surprise for each of them. That also Included Kaorin. Kaorin's wish was to be with Sakaki for just five minutes! That wasn't going to happen. Tadakichi was wishing for chocolate, but that too wasn't going to happen. Still, Kaorin spoke up and broke the silence.

"What do you think Chiyo's surprise is going to be?" Kaorin asked.

"I don't know," Osaka said, "I hope it's something tasty."
"Hey aren't we supposed to give chocolates to boys?" Tomo asked.

"Yeah, we've done that already..." Yomi then said, "but Yukari was on her time of month and confiscated every drop."

"That really does suck," Tomo then said.

"Hey do you think Chiyo has those super gourmet chocolates?" Kagara asked.

"I think so...but she's not spoiled," Yomi then returned.

'I think it'll be...cute,' Sakaki then thought to herself.

"Hey how did Valentines day get started?" Tomo asked.

"I heard from Chiyo there was priest in the time of the Roman Empire who married off men to women," Yomi said.

"I should have my own holiday then," Tomo then huffed.

"If you had you're own holiday," Kaorin then started, "you'd be the only one celebrating it."

"I felt like a cat just bit my hand." Tomo then said.

"Kaorin has a point...what would you have people do?" Yomi asked.

"I'd have every woman dress up like Fujiko, and ever man dress like LUPIN!" Tomo declared.

Yomi was about to smack Tomo when Chiyo came in with some tea and cakes. She then told them to sit tight, as their surprise was going to be coming up really shortly. Chiyo really didn't mind taking care of her friends. She just had a problem if she was made fun of just because she made good grades, her height was made fun of...and the Hanshin Tigers were disparaged. She had it in her to kick a poor boy in his shin when he said they sucked. Then she came back and she first brought the girls the customary chocolates. She decided to pick them up after school after Yukari took everybody else's Chocolate.

"Hey sorry it took so long," Chiyo then said passing out the chocolates in decorative paper.

"It's okay," Sakaki then said, "we've waited patiently."

"Well, if this is a surprise, I'm happy," Tomo said.

"Oh that's not even it," Chiyo said with a smile. "Inside of the bags I got something else in there."

"Hey there's a tiny box in here!" Osaka then said.

"There's one in mine too!" Kaorin then announced.

"Open the boxes!" Chiyo then said. She was able to leverage her parents for...

"No way, this is a 24 Karat gold charm bracelet!" Kagura then squealed.

"Wow, now I'm really happy!"

"I got Yukari and Nyamo one too so they wouldn't take yours," Chiyo then said.

"I'm over those chocolates now, but wow, thank you!" Tomo then said.

Of course, when it came time to put it on, most of the girls had them on. Osaka was having troubles. Those little clasps were a pain in the neck to handle. Chiyo helped Osaka who was very thankful. Kaorin was lost in her thoughts at Sakaki as she was laying facing the very high ceiling. Chiyo looked down at her and she saw that she was going to do what teens were about to do.

"Kaorin...I can take you to a room where it's quiet and private," Chiyo offered.

"Huh...oh sorry," Kaorin said with a very red blush, "my mind has wandered too far."

"So that's what Kaorin's thinking about," Tomo then said.

"Who knew she'd get swept by a boy?" Yomi then said.

"Hey who needs a boy when you got Miss Sakaki here?" Kaorin then declared, joking.

"Well...that's kind of...well...I don't know," Sakaki said, as she was caught of guard. She also was blushing a shade of red not recognized by Crayola.

"That was way out of left field..." Chiyo then said. She really didn't need that kind of talk...especially if nobody was going to speak up.

After that faux pas by Kaorin, everything calmed down. Chiyo realized that she'll be like that when she gets older. However, she just huffed as she wanted to find out what these girls are thinking. Then again...with the way they act, it would probably be for the best. Chiyo decided to let today run its course. She really didn't want to cause a huge problem for anybody.