Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ I Do ❯ I wanna fall in love with you~... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wanna be much more like you
Your effortlessly graceful scene
Sakaki walked into the room, her dazzling ebony locks cascading behind her like an ebony waterfall, tamed and stunning. Chiyo was the first to notice (with the exception of Kaorin who should've been in her class with Kimura but was instead trying to touch the black river) and was utterly breath taken and wistful. `Miss Sakaki… you're absolutely angelic…' a blush spread across her face, her eyes teary with envy, admiration, and what anyone else would describe to be puppy love.
That drips from every pore of you
Where logic cannot intervene
`It's unexplainable, the way you make me feel. I know I can never have you… you're so much older, and besides you probably don't even feel that way about other girls… I just know I wouldn't be able to stand it if you were with Kaorin, Miss Sakaki. She doesn't know you the way I do! She sees you as this all powerful street punk. She doesn't even know the reason you always have those bandages are because of you're soft spot for kitties and their rough core to you!' Chiyo acted normally, giving the semi-stoic beauty a cheerful, “Good morning, Miss Sakaki! How are you today?” Sakaki replied with a small mumble, “Oh, fine. Good morning.”
“M-MISS SAKAKI!” Chiyo sighed sadly, as she had been hoping to talk to her alone more. Sakaki turned to look at Kaorin, Chiyo placing her head on her arms miserably as Sakaki listened to Kaorin's shy rambling with an emotionless face. She fell asleep despite never doing so before, dreaming a painful dream. It was a dream that few Azumanga Fans will like the author for.
I wanna take a bath with you
And wash the chaos from my skin
Chiyo awoke to the sound of Yukari proclaiming LOUDLY that it was time to stop whatever it was they were doing because it was on her time now. She felt horrible, embarrassed and ashamed. Not because she fell asleep. It was the dream she had… She had been older, almost as undyingly gorgeous as the young woman of her affections. They had been making love. Chiyo asked to go to the bathroom and flew there like her idol and crush would've if it had been a race, entering a cubicle and starting to cry.
She realized Tomo, Kagura, and really all of her friends thought she didn't know that she knew about the issue of sex. She asked Ms. Kurosawa what it meant so no one would suspect anything. She didn't want them to get the wrong idea about her. Not at all… But this was horrible! She was only almost 13! She shouldn't be dreaming such things! Not about Sakaki! Yet…. It felt almost so right, these feelings… The feelings were right. It's just the people that should never have happened.

I wanna fall in love with you
So how do we begin?
`Alright, Chiyo-chan! Get it together! Love can't be wrong, and Miss Sakaki is always so understanding! She'll understand you're feeling and will always still care about you!' Chiyo suddenly slumped. `But is that enough…?' she wondered without thinking.

I wanna be a girl like you
The way you swing your hips in jeans
Chiyo had always wanted to be Sakaki but to want Sakaki as her own? The child prodigy had always seen the girl as a role model, her best friend along with Osaka, and even at times a mother due to the frequent absence of her real one. Chiyo had always wanted to be someone like Sakaki and did her best always to become someone like her. She wanted to be one of the fashionable girls that looked like super models. She wanted to be one of the teacher's top students. She wanted to be the perfect wife like she always saw her mother as - a great cook who was understanding of everyone's feelings and everyone's agenda's. She wanted to be successful like her father who was a lawyer.
I wanna wear my face like you
Shiseido MAC and Maybelle
She and Kaorin both wanted to be like Sakaki so that they felt good enough to have her for themselves. Chiyo had to admit that. Chiyo tried wearing make-up but all it accomplished was making her seem like a Puffy Ami Yumi doll causing the freshmen to squeal, squeeze, and pinch her cheeks. She swore off the stuff until she was 16 from that moment on. Still… she might consider wearing it to be cute for a date with Sakaki…

I wanna paint the town with you
Yes she could picture it now… Sakaki would go dressed in casually and comfortably, blushing when she realized an older Chiyo was in more formal wear, a knee-length black dress that complimented her carrot-top which had been let down for the evening, jewelry adorning her wrists and ears. They'd dine at the Necocoa Lounge, and Chiyo would giggle, licking some whipped cream away from the edge of the girl girl's lips. They go watch a movie, meaning to go see a Hello Kitty film but accidentally got seats for the newest horror, both clinging tightly together for security as they screamed and cried. They'd go to the star festival, winning plushies for one another, enjoying treats, and holding hands as the fireworks boomed above their heads. Chiyo sighed. She was so hopelessly devoted… `To You…'

And tickle you until you scream
Sakaki sat in class, for once unable to finish her work. Not because she didn't know the answers - Yukari's test was far too easy. Her little friend had been gone for quite some time and she was becoming increasingly worried. Sakaki raised her hand to leave and walked from the room to the bathroom, vaguely hearing Kaorin beg and plead to come too but because everyone in the school but Sakaki herself knew why she was acting that way her request was denied.
She entered the girl's bathroom and saw no one was around except the figure on its knees crying in one closed stall. Sakaki frowned and knocked gently. “Chiyo…?” Chiyo gasped and pulled her face from her hands. There was only one person besides her family who didn't address her as `Chiyo-chan'. “S-Sakaki?” Chiyo's mind had become so adrift she forgot to add “Miss” or “-san” at the end.
“Are you alright? Come out and talk to me.” Sakaki suggested, painfully desperate to help the adorable little girl. Chiyo walked out looking painfully sad, her big auburn puppy-dog eyes killing Sakaki emotionally inside. Sakaki sat on the windowsill, signaling Chiyo to come closer, pulling the girl onto her lap. “Tell me what's wrong. I might be able to help.” The tall girl asked. Chiyo sniffled, Oh, Sakaki, if only you knew… if only… “I don't think so. Not this time, Sakaki… I think I'm in love, Sakaki.” She said, choking up again on the last sentence. Sakaki gasped. “Oh, Chiyo… you're first crush.” Sakaki embraced the girl, unable to help but smile a bit yet for an off reason she felt slightly negative about it. Chiyo sighed a bit. It wasn't a crush! Suddenly though she began giggling, Sakaki's slender fingers scattering over wherever areas they could reach. “St-stop it!” Soon Chiyo's tears of self-pity were tears of childish delight. No child could stay sad after being tickled. Sakaki smiled warmly. “Don't be afraid, Chiyo. Just tell them how you feel. The worst they can say is no and after that you just have to be there for them. It's never bad to care Chiyo. Everyone wants to be loved. And maybe, even if not now, someday they'll love you too.”
I wanna fall in love with you
I wanna say I do
Chiyo sniffled, thinking over those words of wisdom. Someday… like say… six years perhaps? When she got back from colleague, not a girl but a woman like Sakaki is now? Would Sakaki herself wait for her…? Chiyo nodded, smiling the most beautiful smile. Not cute. Beautiful. “Someday…” she repeated. Sakaki chuckled inwardly, taking her hand as they walked back to class. `Someday, Sakaki… wait for me just a little longer! Someday, a few years from now we'll face each other and I'll say the words I wish I could now!'
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do…