Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Savin' Me: Azumanga Daioh: Yomi's Predicament ❯ Was It Something I Didn't Day? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Savin' Me
 
Disclaimer!: I don't own Azumanga Daioh but Kiyoko Azuma does. Also “Savin' Me” is owned by Nickelback.
Original Summary: Tomo teases Yomi and says she knows Yomi loves her causing Yomi to say she loves Sakaki, kissing her. This breaks the hearts of not only Tomo, but Kaorin, Kagura and even Chiyo as well. While Yomi fakes and Osaka spaces, what if Sakaki believed her and felt the 'same'? And what do our beloved teachers have to say about all of this? A new school FESTIVAL IS COMING UP AND THIS YEAR Yukari's class is doing something COMPLETELY different… a play?! Once they find out what it is and that you have no choice but to audition AND that Yukari doesn't care if guys have to do girl parts, what will happen?
Warning!: The rating will go up to mature for possible death, violence, sex, and maybe even drugs and alcohol. This time though it won't only be Kaorin so cool your jets.
Special Thanks!: The International Numbnuts, Sayu-Chan, and Ryuu-Masken. I hope to join your group soon. SephirothBeatrix my #1 supporter, Sensational Sista my Azumanga Daioh Canon inspiration, Sailor Silver Ganymede the one who keeps in touch with what Azumanga Daioh is REALLY about, and Sayu-chan and Ryuu Masken for pointing out my potential.

Votes so far -
 
Sakaki/Yomi—4
 
Tomo/Yomi—6

Sakaki/Chiyo—4
 
Kagura/Chihiro—0
 
Kagura/Sakaki—0

Kagura/Yomi—2
 
Kaorin/Chihiro—1
 
Sakaki/Kaorin—1 (DAMNIT, RYUU! VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!!!)

Kagura/Osaka—2
 
Tomo/Kagura—2
 
Kimura-Kaorin—3
 
Yukari/Nyamo—1
 
Chiyo/Osaka—2
 
Osaka/Sakaki—1

Other—1 (Sakaki/Nyamo, Sakaki/Yukari, Chiyo/Nyamo, Chiyo/Yomi, Chiyo/Tomo, Sakaki/Tomo, Kagura/Yukari, Kagura/Nyamo, Tomo/Nyamo, Tomo/Yukari, Nyamo/Mrs.Kimura, Yukari/Osaka, ect, ect)(You'll see what I voted…)
 
Chiyo/No one—0

Anybody/Nobody—0
 
Miyuki pairings—1
 
Ouyama/Chihiro—1
 
Other Pairings—0

Yuka/Michiru—1

Kimura/Mrs. Kimura—0

Kimura's daughter pairing—1
 
Vote, review, and stay turned! Also the Tomo/Kagura thing down there was inspired by Sailor Silver Ganymede's “Attack of the Candyfloss-Aliens”. Please read it and review. She's one of the few people who can capture the essence of Azumanga Daioh as it was in the actual show. And `Lady Dumplings' is a term from a Tomo/Kagura fic by ButtersMuffin… I forgot the name but read that too. XD;;
 
 
Sakaki stared at Yomi, mouth popped open, eyes wider, and a blush on her lunar-beauty features. `K-Koyomi-chan… likes me?' she asked herself in wonder. Yomi was now blushing hard and glaring at Tomo. Tomo blinked. “You're… a patriot?” Sakaki blushed, covering her chest as Yomi chased down Tomo trying to thro her off the roof. Osaka blinked, “So if Miz Yomi and Miz Sakaki ar t'gether… an' Tomo likes t' poke aht Kagura's lady dumplins' duzzaht mean they're t'gether?” she asked still innocent. As hell.
 
Kagura's eyes widened. “WHAT!?” Everyone (except one Kaorin who I will get to in a minute). The angry tanned girl chased after the slow fragile Osaka, giving her one very painful nugee to the head. “Wahhh~, stahp it!” she whined, tears pouring from closed eyes. No one noticed it but Kagura has been holding back from crying herself. Chiyo seemed blank, frozen, and crestfallen so to speak. Tomo stared being uncharacteristically quiet. Before she could finally speak, Sakaki stood, making Yomi whimper in surprise and realization, blushing heavily. “Oh! S-Sakaki-san, I'm sorry! I hope you're not too mad, I mean you have every right to be, I stole your first kiss and I had no right! Onegai, forgive me…!!” Koyomi's frightened rambling was interrupted by a raging Kaorin.
 
“You better be sorry!!! How dare you Yomi, of all people, kiss Sakaki-san! You've disgraced and embarrassed her just look at the blush on her face! And she's crying! I'll never forgive you!” Kaorin was cut short as well as Sakaki who was indeed as Kaorin described, give or take a few key mistakes, as she approached the bespectacled girl.
 
“K-Koyomi-chan… d… do you really love me?” her lovely cobalt eyes were filled with sparkling wet euphoria, a thick pink blush spread across her elegant nose.

Yomi suddenly felt sick. What had she done…?
 
However… ever since high school began and despite her love for Tomo she had always had sort of a side-crush on Sakaki and she once contemplated the two of them, coming to conclusion that the gorgeous gal had been more her type as opposed to the `horn-haired' big-mouthed wildcat. Maybe she could learn to make it more than a crush if she made herself say…
 
“H-hai… I… love you Sakaki-san.”
 
Maybe.
 
Kaorin panicked, waving her arms, blushing furiously, sliding to Sakaki's side waving her arms frantically. “W-well th-th-that's j-j-just t-t-t-tough l-luck, r-right, M… M… MISS SAKAKI!?” The crooked-haired girl's world paused as the pale lips of Sakaki Kiyoshi and the fair lips of Koyomi Mizuhara met in deep, passionate kiss, more gentle and tender than the rushed spite-induced kiss they had just recently shared.
 
That was it.
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Kaorin screamed, pale white with wide wobbly eyes filled with tears which burst from them like a heart bursts with blood when stabbed by a dagger which couldn't even hope to begin to describe the pain she felt at this seemingly endless moment. She fainted, weak from heartbreak and despair. Because of Yomi, the one girl in `Sakaki's clique' she had any relationship at all; she would spend the rest of her already lonely life alone…
 
No. She was not going down like this. Sakaki would be hers. She's waited too many years, spend too many long hours admiring the jet-black-haired `ice queen', too many cold, loveless nights dreaming of the day she would say those powerful three words to her idol and long-time crush and have them returned to her with her real name. Too many times she's dreamed of the day Sakaki would call her `Kaori'— Sakaki… and not Chihiro.
 
Tomo coughed to get her attention back. The two blushed and parted. Yomi stared at Tomo, weaker than before. Tomo sighed then smiled in a way Yomi had never seen before. “Heh… way to go Yomi. Not only didja score a new shade of white on Kaorin butcha got someone t' love ya' back. Good for you.” Sakaki was shocked beyond belief and even more so when she and Yomi heard in addition, “You know now that you think about it it's kinda perfect. We're like the only five people who know the real Sakaki and Sakaki loves you enough to help ya', you know, boost your confidence and stuff.” Yomi wanted to break down crying and hug the spunky girl right then and there. Returning to normal Tomo gave a big `thumbs up' and her trademark wildcat smirk. “I'm behind you two all the way! Need anything and just say the word!!!”

Yomi blushed staring sadly. “Tomo-chan…”
 
Tomo turned around, “Meh, I don't feel like goin' back to class. I think I'm gonna go drop by my old man's workshop. It's Friday anyway. Call me later, kay Koyomi? Later!!!” With that she bolted off leaving the newly named no-go couple, Chiyo who was with Osaka and Kagura starting to approach as well, and the barely remembered Miyuki, Chihiro, and Ouyama who were escorting the unconscious Kaorin to the nurse's office. Nyamo and Yukari had gone inside to avoid being asked about the recently wounded Kimura.
 
“Sakaki-chan?” The lone wolf stared down at the second most precious person in her life: Chiyo-chan.
 
“I'm… very happy you and Yomi-san. I'm really really happy that someone sees you as more than the most kakkoi girl in school.” She said, quieter than usual. Her smile was as different as Tomo's. Sakaki's eyes refilled. “Arigatou, Chiyo-chan. That means a lot to me.” Chiyo smiled maple-colored eyes glassy. She nodded and ran off.
 
Osaka needed to go after Chiyo so she simply (very simply) said, “Ah'm glad thaht we were wrong about Tomo and Kaorin Miss Yomi. Tomo was kinda mean to y' and Kaorin was kinda in her own world, ya know…” the two sweatdropped at Osaka for this. She really had no idea how that sounded… The inner genius ran off to comfort her best friend besides the numbnuts. Still, Yomi winced at what she had mentioned about Tomo. Wrong about what? She dared to wonder.
 
Kagura smiled sadly. Everyone seemed to be doing that. “Well, the others kinda said all the things I wanted to. Well, I'm…. yeah… congrads guys. You were both kinda the loners of our clique. Looks like you're killing each other's weapons against loneliness.” Sakaki was rather impressed that Kagura had come up with such a perspective. She nodded in gratitude, Kagura giving Yomi a light punch in the shoulder to feign her usual behavior. “Well, I'm gonna head after Osaka. We're minus a Numbnut so we gotta make up for it by going all out today.” She smirked falsely before running off as well.
 
 
They were left alone. Yomi and her new official girlfriend, Sakaki.
 
Sakaki gave a small `ahem'. “Um, Koyomi?”
 
Yomi snapped form her thoughts and looked up at her `American' fling. “Yeah, Sakaki-san?”
 
“Would you wanna go to a movie or something later?”
 
Yomi smiled. “Sure.” I owe this to Sakaki-san… I mean she's put up with enough false love, right? And I mean she's so much more my type than Tomo. I can definitely fall in love with her… can't I? “I'll meet you by that new diner, okay? We can go their after for some sweets or something if you'd like…” she some reason unknown to her she found herself worrying that Sakaki would think she was obsessed with eating.

Sakaki chuckled, nuzzling her nose into the blushing brunette's hair, stroking it like she would a newborn kitten's fur. “Whatever you want, Koibito…”
 
Yomi blushed, smiling. That look in Sakaki's eyes…
 
Falling in love with her may be easier than she thought.
 
-Neconecoacoa Lounge, 6:30 pm-


Yomi stood outside the Necoconeco shaped building, watching her watch nervously, biting deep down into her glossy lip. She hoped that Sakaki would like this outfit. It consisted of red Chinese-style top with short sleeves, stylish golden embroidery on the ends of the sleeves, and an orange rose growing on her left side. She continued to wear her dark stockings, now with a short black skirt that Tomo insisted she buy. For shoes she wore Chinese-style red shoes.(1) Also, especially for Sakaki, two small Iriomote necoconeco clips on each side of her head. Even her low self-esteem allowed her to like how she looked tonight.
 
Tomo hadn't made one fat joke since that afternoon. She had actually suggested a black mini-skirt to show off the same `hippopiepothesis' legs she always made fun of. “I can't believe she's so supportive of this…” it was all very confusing. And what about Kagura and Chiyo-chan? It was obvious that Kaorin would be upset; she talked to the chipper girl enough to know how she would react to this. Kagura always challenged Sakaki and Chiyo-chan and Sakaki were like shimai. Why would they react like this…?
 
“Konbanwa, Koyomi-ko.”
 
Yomi turned around a gasped.
 
Sakaki looked… HOT! She wore low, dark blue jeans that hugged her shapely legs tightly, a black Kamineko midrift that Kagura had picked out for her when THEY had gone shopping, and a warm-looking dark blue jacket. Her hair was done in a low ponytail. She smiled, blushing faintly. “You look beautiful…” she said, eyes sincere. Yomi blushed, putting a hand in her hair modestly. She felt like they were going steady for goodness sakes!! “You're not so shabby yourself there, Sakaki-san. As usual.” She grinned a little.
 
“There's no need for the formal anymore… you are my Koibito now.” Sakaki smiled a dashing smile.
 
Yomi blushed. “Right… should we get going, then… Sakaki?” Sakaki gladly offered her hand which Yomi took. They smiled as they walked hand in hand, a beautiful site indeed as they enjoyed their first date, with each other anyway…
 
It was not to be as totally perfect as Sakaki planned, sadly.