Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Tomo's Wish ❯ Act 3 The Ordeals of Tomo Takino ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tomo's Wish-Act 3 The Ordeals of Tomo Takino
by
triviatrap1982
I do not own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma.

New years had ended up ending...so did winter break. Tomo was quite floored when she heard where Yomi had gone. She had gone to Hokkaido. She was very upset, and jealous. The very next day...Tomo was on he way to school. She was fuming. Yomi could have at least told her exactly what was going on. Her mind was working on revenge. She also was fuming because Kagura decided to play a game of J'accuse against her. That is, the very insinuation she like Yomi put her off. In short, Tomo is what they call "playing on tilt". She's not of her right mind, or body, to do anything she wanted to do. In fact...she was going to have one of those days she wanted to forget. This day, ended up being their first day back to school.

"Hey, how did everybody's vacation go?" Yomi asked...with a huge smile on her face.

"What did you do?" Chiyo asked.

"Wait!" Tomo yelled in vain.

"I went to Hokkaido," Yomi said smiling.

'God, don't be such a stuck-up bitch!' Tomo mentally hissed, and glared.

"By the way," she then started, "have any of you been to Hokkaido."

"Uh...no," Tomo said sharply.

"I haven't been," Osaka answered.

"I've not been there either," Chiyo answered.

"Nope," Sakai said, "I'd like to visit one day."

Yomi then asked exactly who ridden on a plane. Chiyo was the only one who could answer. Tomo's emotions against Yomi went through two extremes: She was still not believing that she was in love with Yomi, and she was about to kill her on the same breath. Her day didn't get exactly better for wear. At the drinks machine...the machine ate her money. The milk tea drained out, but didn't produce a cup. Yomi spent 125 Yen to get the same. She fast found that there were two cups attached. Tomo didn't take it too well. Lunch time...that was the one time she wanted to take things back. Especially...since she decided to attack Yomi in the cafeteria...with her food still in hand. She did awake the witch Yukari. After Yukari's punishment, Tomo felt like she was in pure pain. Her feelings towards Yomi was a false anger. Once she was home...her mom read her the Riot Act on her behavior in school.

"Don't let it happen again!" her mom hissed.

"I-I understand," Tomo said scared.

"Get to your room," she ordered, "you need to cool off...honestly."

Tomo did exactly as ordered. She still was fuming over Yomi bragging on her trip. She turned on her radio to the easy listening station. She just needed something to calm her down. She also went to her desk, and actually did her homework without copying from anybody. That was how upset she was. Things just didn't go her way. Two hours later, she was somewhat calm. Though, she felt like something was quite missing. Did she make a crack on Yomi's backside...of course. Did she snitch on Yomi, only to have it backfire? That happened. Tomo then looked and she was quite sincere in one fact.

"Well...I know I tease Yomi about her weight sometimes...but she's not really fat..." Tomo said quite softly.

"Hey Kiddo, we need to talk!" her father said.

'Shit he found out,' she thought turning her radio off. "Come in, dad!"

"I heard you snapped at school today," he said.

"I actually deserved that one," Tomo admitted.

"Looks like Koyomi brought everybody back something," he said.

"She didn't even tell me she was going...I called her phone foolishly a couple of weeks ago."

"Don't be jealous...green only looks good on frogs."

"Maybe you're right," Tomo said.

"I do still have to punish you...then again, since Yukari took care of it..."

"Dad, can we say I'm grounded for two weeks?"

"Well...okay, we'll call it two weeks," he smiled. "Though I'm grounded with you..."

"Shit...I forgot about that..."

"However...we can get around that if you catch my drift..."

"I don't want you on the couch again."

He knew she was right. They agreed on two weeks and to call it a day. Still, Tomo was quite glad today was over. She needed some time to reset. She got a call from Kagura. She checked up on Tomo to see if she was alright. However, Tomo informed her she actually agreed to be grounded for two weeks. This was something that Kagura understood. There were times where it'd had been better to take the punishments. That time, however...Tomo's anger was quenched...but there was just a little bit of ember.

"You're still pissed she rubbed in that trip, are you?" Kagura asked.

"Not as much," Tomo said, "she's going to get hers...and it's going to be in the dumbest way possible."

"Yikes, I see why you chose to take two weeks."

"My mom would have given me a month..."

"True," she yielded, "I'm going to go, before my dad gets on my case for homework."

Tomo let her go, so she wouldn't be grounded by choice. About two weeks later, Osaka got a travel magazine. It was Yomi's trip that made her want to get away from home, even if it was for a day. It got interesting when Osaka got an idea. She reasoned they should go to the Magical Land theme park. Tomo was equally pleased. That is, she saw Yomi's childish glee, and decided to call her out on it. However...Yomi knew exactly how to play it off. She also knew that it was going to be a push.

"Well, you're way too happy...like let's say a grade-school kid?" Tomo teased.

"You really are getting on my nerves," Yomi sighed. "You definitely are mistaken."

"That's funny," Tomo said, "you were as happy as an anime school girl!"

"Whatever...anyway, it sounds like a good trip to take," she returned.

Tomo just turned her back. She internally was burning. She knew that Yomi was a master at handling her. The very next day...Tomo received a phone call from Yomi. She couldn't even be there. She got sick from being out too long. She also got quite a bit tired. Tomo was surprised, but didn't know the reason. She did decide she was going to have fun with the rest. At the part, she knew Yomi was sick. She decided to get her back (as to her advantage, it wasn't known how Yomi got sick in the first place.

"Hey Chiyo...I need you to do something for me," Tomo requested.

"What...is it?" Chiyo asked, quite unsure.

"Yomi told me she was sick..." she started.

"She slept naked?!" she asked shocked. "What's her number?!"

"I'll dial it for you," Tomo said flatly. She definitely acted disinterested, until her turn came up.

Of course, once Chiyo took the phone she scaled Yomi for sleeping naked! Yomi was surprised, and pissed at the same time. She figured Tomo was up to it. She couldn't really scold her...especially since Tomo was on the tea-cup ride having a good time. A bit later, they went on the roller coaster. The same one pictured in the brochure that Osaka had shown earlier in the week. After that adventure, they were on their way home. Kagura knew...she couldn't exactly use her phone. It was forbidden. Tomo set her phone on silent before she left. Kagura sent a slick text to her. She really wanted to talk to Tomo in the strictest confidence. Sakaki was quite quiet as was Osaka. Chiyo...well she got all the souvenirs in place for everybody. After the ride home, Tomo checked her phone. She caught up with Kagura.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" Tomo asked.

"Yes, but not here," Kagura said.

"Where are we going to.." Tomo started.

"Follow me," she ordered.

She followed Kagura to a very secluded spot. There was nobody there to bother them. There also were no eavesdroppers to ruin their conversation. Tomo was quite quiet. Kagura knew she had to speak up. She took Tomo to a bench that was just nominally there. Once they took a seat, Kagura then took out a bag of candy she purchased on the way home. She offered for Tomo, but she refused. The ice suddenly broke.

"Kagura," Tomo said, "I should have taken your warning seriously..."

"Wait, are you sure?" Kagura asked. "I mean, you really don't know yet."

"I know...but it feels like this girl is just tearing at me," she admitted.

"You're pissed with her from a couple of weeks ago still aren't you?"

"I am..but...I think that I have to think things out."

"That's a good idea...I mean you did tell me straight up you weren't willing."

"I know...but it feels different," Tomo admitted.

"You better sort out your feelings first before you do anything rash," Kagura warned.

Tomo definitely took this seriously. She knew it wasn't going to be any easier. In fact, she knew she'd have to face Yomi in school. She wasn't pissed off at all. Her mood towards Yomi had changed. She wasn't exactly happy, but she wasn't exactly pissed off. She was quite confused. She didn't know where to go next. She also didn't know how best to continue on. There was one sthing for certain, Tomo's mood was about to go from bad to worse. That was going to be quite gradual...but it was going to really suck.