Ben 10 Fan Fiction ❯ Ben 10 Universe Imagines ❯ Permanent ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Kevin x reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Kevin, Y/N, Gwen, Ben

Words: 1080

 

A flash of green light engulfed the room after the Omnitrix was destroyed. Ben looked down at the floor in sadness as the one thing that made him important was destroyed. Gwen walked towards him and placed a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. “It’ll be alright, Ben. Besides, your life can finally go back to normal. Ben looked at his cousin with complete sadness in his eyes. “But I never wanted my life to go back to normal, Gwen. I liked it just the way it was.” Both Ben and Gwen stared downwards at the ashes that was once the omnitrix.

You stood up from your place at the side of the room and noticed that movement was coming from underneath a pile of rubble at the side of you. Instinctively, you placed your hand on the holster of your plumber-issued gun and cautiously walked towards it. You didn’t know whether it was a rogue alien that you hadn’t quite managed to kill, but you didn’t want to take any chances.

As you walked closer and closer towards it, you could hear stifled mumbles coming from the rubble. Confused, you removed your hand from your gun and bent down to try and lift some of the fallen rocks. With all of your strength, you managed to heave the biggest one out of the way, but there was more rocks underneath. “Ben, Gwen.   I need your help moving these rocks. Somethings stuck underneath it all.”

They both ran over and set to work of removing the debris. After a few minutes, enough rocks were moved to be able to see whatever was making the noise. “Kevin!” You began to scramble over the rocks towards him, desperate to get to his side. You checked him over for any obvious injuries before wrapping your arms around him, keeping him close.

“Did-did it work?” You looked at him straight in the eyes and shook your head. “I’m so sorry, babe. It hasn’t, but there’s nothing wrong with the way you look. It shows everybody that your special.” You gave him a teary smile but all you got in return was a look mixed with frustration and guilt. He stood up out of the rubble and began making his way towards the exit.

“Hey! Where are you going?!” Gwen ran after him and spun him around. “I can’t be around here anymore, knowing that Ben destroyed the Omnitrix for nothing. I’m going, I’m quitting the team.” Gasps filled the room as the last few words escaped his mouth. Again, Kevin began walking towards the exit, but Gwen stopped him.

“What?! You have to go because things didn’t go your way! You don’t just give up, Kev! Ben saved the world destroying the Omnnitrix, curing you was just something we hoped for, hoped that would work. You’re supposed to be a hero, but You’ll be a coward if you walk away!”

Kevin stormed back over to Gwen, his finger pointing in her chest. “Don’t you ever call me a coward! I’ve risked my life time and time again for you and your cousin! You don’t understand what it’s like to look like this, like a freak! This was my last shot at feeling like myself again, the way I used to be. I am not giving up! Don’t ever say that!”

Gwen opened her mouth to retort back but she was stopped by you stepping forward, Ben slightly behind you. You stepped in front of Gwen and took Kevin’s hands in yours. Ben placed his hands on Gwen’s shoulders and gently led her away to the side of the room to give the two of you some privacy.

You smiled up at Kevin but he turned away from you, ashamed of the way he looked. You let go of one of his hands and placed it under his chin, turning his head to meet yours. “Kev, open your eyes. Please.” With a sad gasp of air, he opened his eyes and looked down at you. “There he is, my handsome man.”

A small smile cracked onto Kevin’s face at the cute nickname you had given him, but it soon faded when his worrying thoughts entered his mind once again. “I’m not anymore though, Y/N. I mean, look at me! I’m a monster! You don’t deserve to be with somebody who looks like I do. The omnitrix, it was my last chance at finally becoming the man you deserve to be with, and now that that’s gone, there’s nothing I can do to change myself, to be a better hero; for you and the world.”

A stray tear feel down his cheek and he let go of your hands to walk away. However, you ran in front of Kevin and stood on your tiptoes, smashing your lips against his. “I don’t care about the way you look. You’re perfect to me, just the way you are. Your looks will never change the way I feel about you. Inside here..” You placed your hand flat against his chest. “Is a heart full of gold. You are the most caring, loving and heroic man I know. You are not a monster, Kevin. Please don’t think that you are. I love you with all my heart. Please don’t leave us, don’t leave me.” Tears were streaming down your face at the thought of living your life without him.

Kevin engulfed you into his chest and placed a gentle kiss to the top of your head. “Alright, baby, alright. I won’t GO. I love you too much to leave you behind, to live my life without you.” You leaned up and placed a gentle kiss to his lips. “Thank you and I promise, I’m going to spend every day making sure you know how much you mean to me, no matter how you look.”

Kevin smiled and placed a kiss on your cheek, wrapping his hands around your waist. You leaned into his touch and you both turned to walk towards Ben and Gwen. Gwen was smiling with delight at the thought of her best friend staying with them, but Ben was covering his eyes. “C’mon guys, is there any need for so much smushy stuff.”

Gwen rolled her eyes at her cousin and elbowed him in the ribs before grabbing him by the ear and leading him out of the building. You and Kevin laughed before taking each others hands and following the Tennysons back home, where you all belonged.