Beyblade Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyblade Series 1: Reloaded ❯ Revealed! Tula's True Role ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Figured was about time I got this chapter out before anyone of you kills me. Anyway, this is Chapter 6. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every time? Sailor Moon and Beyblade won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave. The only things I own are this very lame plot and Anhara's bit-beast.
 
Chapter 6: Revealed! Tula's True Role
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
Back in Tula's Sanctuary in Russia, the evil and ambitious Pope Hettel was shocked when he felt a tremendous Cosmo in America..
 
“This... it can't be...” the Pope hissed, slamming his fist on the armrest of his chair. “She can't be alive!”
 
“Hagen!” the Pope hollered, after some time.
 
“Yes, Hettel-sama?” the Leo God Warrior inquired.
 
“There is someone in America who threatens to topple the Sanctuary. Go and eliminate her!” Hettel ordered.
 
“At once, Hettel-sama.” Hagen bowed and retreated.
 
“That girl will die, even if it costs me every single one of the God Warriors!” Hettel swore.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Beside the frozen waterfalls, the oldest of the God Warriors sat on the hedge, guarding the seal that the previous incarnation's Tula had placed to prevent the Sea God, Poseidon, from conquering the holy land of ice once again.
 
Wate's eyes snapped open when he sensed Tula's Cosmo in America.
 
Raising his own Cosmo, Wate alerted the one other God Warrior who had not submitted to Hettel.
 
Ortwin. He told God Robe smith.
 
Master Wate. The Robe smith replied.
 
I am sure you've felt Tula-sama's Cosmo already. Wate told him.
 
Yes. Ortwin replied.
 
Then, you have to hurry. Wate urged.
 
Why? Ortwin was puzzled.
 
Hettel has sensed her too and has sent Hagen to kill the Goddess. Wate informed him. We have to protect her until she returns safely to the Sanctuary.
 
Ortwin nodded. At once, Master Wate.
 
I hope I'm not too late. Ortwin prayed as he hurried off. Tula-sama, please hang in there. I'm coming!
 
***************************************************************** ***************************
That night, before the team boarded the ship that would take them to Russia, Anhara was suddenly awoken by a disturbing sense of dread. Silently getting up, she headed up to the roof. As the door creaked shut, Ray peered open his eyes. Gripping his beyblade, he waited until Anhara was far enough before sneaking out after her.
 
On the rooftop, Anhara stood as a shooting star fell across the sky.
 
“It is you then.” Hagen commented, appearing suddenly behind her. “The one Hettel-sama says will topple the Sanctuary.”
 
“I, Hagen, the God Warrior under the jurisdiction of Leo, will not allow it!” he declared as he poised to attack.
 
“You have to go through me first!” Ray declared, flinging the door open, his Beyblade was attached to his launcher.
 
“Fine then.” Hagen retorted, turning his attention on the avatar of Drigger.
 
Ray let out a low growl and released his Beyblade.
 
Drigger immediately emerged from its bit-chip.
 
“So, you're one of the avatars of the four Bit-Beasts.” Hagen noted, eying the white tiger apparition. “But no matter.”
 
“Lightning Plasma”' he unleashed his attack on the white tiger spirit. Drigger quickly engulfed his master in its power, protecting him from the ball of white light, causing Ray to be thrown back against the wall as a result.
 
“Now, to finish you.” Hagen remarked as he stepped forward. “I've never thought the owner of Byakko to be this weak.”
 
“What is this...?” the God Warrior gasped as a powerful aura flooded the rooftop.. “Who does this great Cosmo belong to?”
 
“Who is this girl?” he inquired, turning to face Tula, who had manifested through Anhara.
 
“Hagen, Hettel isn't on Tula's side.” the Goddess of Ice informed him.
 
“What?” Hagen gasped.
 
“Hagen, I hope you can hear what I have to say. This way, you'll know that Hettel doesn't stand on the side of righteousness. In fact, he is the incarnation of evil.” Tula told him.
 
“Hettel-sama is the incarnation of evil?” Hagen scoffed. “That's funny, because we all know the one who's trying to topple the Sanctuary's power is you!”
 
Tula sighed before she added, “Hagen, please listen to what I have to say.”
 
“Fourteen years ago, your brother, Frute, saved from the Sanctuary.” she added. “Do you know about this?”
 
“What, Frute? The traitor of the Sanctuary, Frute, saved you?” Hagen echoed.
 
“You're wrong.” Tula told him. “He is not a traitor. Frute is a true God Warrior who holds justice in his heart, right till his death. On the other hand, Hettel is the incarnation of evil who tried to kill me to claim the Sanctuary as his own.”
 
“What?” Hagen gasped at the revelation.
 
“I believe you should know, which of us is right and which of us is evil.” she added, her Cosmo radiating around her.
 
This girl, she lets me feel such an tremendous Cosmo. What is this strength? Even in the Sanctuary, there shouldn't be anyone who has such a Cosmo. If this girl has a Cosmo stronger even than the God Warriors and Hettel-sama... Hagen pondered.
 
What is... this? He gasped as he saw a vision of Tula behind the girl.
 
“That can't be...” Hagen was stunned.
 
“All this began fourteen ears ago in the Sanctuary.” Tula added.
 
***************************************************************** **********************************
Flashback to fourteen years ago
 
The Pope was seen walking from the Pope's Hall to Tula's Temple. Opening the door to Tula's bedroom, the Pope approached the infant Tula who laid asleep in her crib. Raising the dagger in his hand, he was about to stab the baby when someone stopped the blade. His blood flowed down the dagger and the baby Goddess awoke, crying.
 
Pope, what are you doing? Are you mad?” Frute demanded, his hand tightening around the blade.
 
Frute, go away!” the Pope retorted, throwing the God Warrior off and proceeded with his assassination attempt.
 
Right before his blade plunged into her, Frute had already snatched the baby away.
 
I ask you.” Frute added. “Do you know what you're doing now? This infant us the incarnation of the sacred Tula, reincarnated every two hundred years as a gift given by the Gods to humanity. Yet you...”
 
Don't stop me Frute!” the Pope demanded, rushing forward, intent on killing the Goddess.
 
Just stop it!” Frute told him, landing a punch onto the Pope's stomach. The impact threw the Pope against the wall, his mask falling off.
 
What?” Frute gasped when he saw the Pope's true face by the light of the torch on the wall. “Pope, you...”
 
So you've seen everything Frute.” the Pope replied, using his cloaked hand to hide his face. “Then I can't let you off.”
 
Frute, realizing what the Pope was about to do, turned away to flee.
 
You'll die along with Tula.” the Pope declared, raising his hand to fire an icy white energy beam at them.
 
Frute turned away, using his body to shield the infant Goddess, the energy beam from the Pope disintegrating the crib and the wall before the loyal God Warrior. Seeing his chance, Frute leapt through the huge hole and fled.
 
Putting his mask back on, the Pope declared, “Men, there is a traitor! The God Warrior, Frute, tried to kill Tula!”
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ********************************
“In this way, Frute knew he won't be able to escape. So he entrusted both the Sagittarius God Robe and me to the late Grand Elder of the White Tiger's Tribe.” Tula continued.
 
“This... can't be...” Hagen gasped. “In this case, isn't it the opposite of what I believed as the truth for the past fourteen years?”
 
“After returning to China, the late Grand Elder used the best of his efforts to protect the Sagittarius God Robe and me. At the same time, he started to choose the next avatar of Byakko and bearer of the totem of the White Tiger, one of the four sacred avatars chosen by the Gods to guard Tula and aid her in maintaining the peace between the human world and the Bit-beast world. Unfortunately, after ascending as the new Pope, Hettel realized my presence and that of the four bit-beasts and has sent you, one of the twelve God Warriors to kill me.” Tula added.
 
“If this is the truth, then nii-san...” Hagen gasped.
 
“No.” he shook his head. “But...”
 
“Do you understand now Hagen?” Tula inquired. “If you are a true God Warrior and truly deserving of your God Robe, the one you should defeat isn't us, but the one who controls not only the Sanctuary but all the God Warriors; the center of evil, Hettel.”
 
“Do you have the proof?” Hagen asked after a moment's of silence. “If what you've just said this the truth, I wish you have the evidence to prove to me you really are Tula.”
 
If you really are Tula, you should be able to dispel my attack. The God Warrior thought.
 
Tula was silent for a moment, before shutting her eyes.
 
“Sa, are you willing to prove?” Hagen asked.
 
“Alright.” Tula replied, opening her eyes. “I'm willing to take your attack.”
 
That said, she stretched out her arms.
 
“Come Hagen.” she added. “Just try to see if your attack can pierce through my chest.”
 
Hagen stood ready to fire his attack.
 
But his attention was diverted by another shooting star as another God Warrior appeared..
 
“Hagen, that's enough!” Ortwin rebuked. “What do you think you're doing to her? As a God Warrior, how can you ask a girl to take on your attack just to prove the truth?”
 
“To me, Ortwin, this is just more than just proving the truth.” Hagen replied.
 
“If you truly believe a person, what is there to prove?” Ortwin retorted.
 
“I just need the proof.” Hagen replied.
 
“Hagen.” Tula interrupted. “It doesn't matter if you're the only one who accepts it.”
 
Don't hesitate Hagen. Hagen told himself. If this girl is truly Tula, my attack shouldn't hurt her.
 
“Lighting Bolt!” he unleashed his attack.
 
Just as his attack was about to hit its target, the light ball was caught by something.
 
“This is...” both God Warriors gasped.
 
“The Sagittarius God Robe!” Ortwin realized.
 
“And nii-san's image has appeared behind the Sagittarius God Robe.” Hagen gasped.
 
Don't you understand now Hagen? Frute rebuked his younger brother. Looks like you can't even tell the difference between justice and evil. Is this considered a true God Warrior? Do you consider yourself as my younger brother?
 
Nii-san! Hagen remarked.
 
Moreover, how could you be so reckless as to attack the Goddess Tula? Frute scolded. That's foolish!
 
After he had rebuked his younger brother, Frute willed his God Robe's bow to point at his brother, the lightning energy that had gathered at the tip of the arrow of the Sagittarius God Robe then fired at the Leo God Warrior. Hagen was thrown back against the fence by the attack.
 
Standing up, he wiped his bloodied mouth.
 
“I've lost.” he admitted.
 
Ortwin blinked.
 
“I've lost to my older brother, the Sagittarius God Warrior, Frute.” Hagen clarified. “Nii-san, so you aren't a traitor afterall. Even after you died, you still battled for justice.”
 
Just then, the two God Warriors' attention was caught by the Sagittarius God Robe once again.
 
“This is...” Ortwin blinked.
 
This time, the God Robe had lowered itself, settling beside the Ice Goddess.
 
Coming before Tula, Hagen knelt down before her.
 
“Tula.” he apologized. “I apologize for recklessly attacking you just now. I hope you can forgive me.”
 
“Hagen.” Tula smiled. “I believe now you are willing to fight for justice.”
 
“Yes.” Hagen bowed even lower. “I'm willing to give up my life to atone my sins.”
 
Standing up, he turned to leave.
 
“Hagen.” Tula remarked. “I hope you can promise me that you have to live on, no matter what happens. Because there are still people in need of your protection.”
 
“Tula-sama.” Ortwin knelt before the Goddess once Hagen was out of earshot.
 
“And you would be...” Tula blinked.
 
“The Robe smith.” Ortwin replied. “Aries Ortwin. Master Wate of the Libra God Robe has sent me to prevent this.”
 
“And so you have.” Tula smiled. “Please get up, Ortwin.”
 
Ortwin nodded and got to his feet. Looking back at Ray who was getting up, the Aries God Warrior bowed once more to his Goddess.
 
“Now that you're in the safe hands of Byakko's avatar., I'll take my leave.” he commented and disappeared in a flash of icy white light.
 
“How much have you heard?” Tula asked the bearer of Byakko.
 
“More than enough.” Ray replied. “So, you really aren't Mariah's sister after all.”
 
Tula merely nodded.
 
“Well, now I know why the late Grand Elder protected you so much.” the cat-like teenager remarked.
 
“And why the present Grand elder handed me this. Because he knew I'm one of your guardians.” he added, reaching into his coat to reveal a white twisted piece of metal.
 
“That's...” Tula gasped.
 
Ray nodded, “The Sacred Totem of the White Tiger.”
 
With the totem in his hand, he reached out to the Goddess who gingerly placed her hand over it. A bright white light then engulfed the two teens.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
Flashback
 
It was during one of the fanciful balls on Jupiter and Princess Serenity of the White Moon had her eyes scanning the entire ballroom for her Prince; the Prince of Ganymede, cousin to Princess Meskira of Jupiter.
 
Her blue eyes widened in shock when she spotted him, twirling Princess Adeline of Mercury in a graceful waltz, his arms encircling her waist tenderly yet protectively.
 
They. . . they're together. . . the White Moon Princess was completely stunned, unable avert her gaze from the blissful couple. He's... he's with her...! I... can't believe it!
 
Princess Serenity clenched her hands into fists, her face bright red and her eyes livid with jealous anger.
 
They look so good together.” Prince Max of Triton remarked to his no-so-secret lover.
 
Indeed.” Prince Kenny of Charon agreed.
 
Aside, Prince Kai of Phobos commented. “Was about fricking time they got together. If Kenji had taken any longer, I swear I'll kill that third cousin of mine.”
 
There, there, love.” Prince Tyson of Titania soothed his koi.
 
Now, how about we join them?” he grinned, pulling his reluctant lover to the dance floor.
 
Tyson!” Kai barely managed to yell out a protest when he was literally dragged to the dance floor.
 
Max chuckled when he saw Tyson pulling his objecting lover onto the dance floor.
 
Grinning at his shorter lover, he added mischievously, “How about we join them too?”
 
Kenny barely made out a squeak in objection before he too was dragged to the dance floor.
 
Those guys...” Prince Kenji of Ganymede shook his head, as his golden eyes caught the two couples on the dance floor
 
Adeline giggled.
 
Somewhere on the dance floor, Princess Haruka of Uranus was laughing quietly when she saw her cousin pull his boyfriend onto the dance floor.
 
Tyson isn't the only one.” Princess Michiru of Neptune remarked amusedly as her aqua-marine eyes looked over to her cousin and his lover.
 
Aside, on the other end of the ballroom, Princess Ren of Mars, Princess Meskira of Jupiter and Princess Mesuinu of Venus were too busy laughing at the hilarious sight to be of any help.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
At that, the two reincarnated lovers were jolted to the present.
 
“That was...” Anhara blinked.
 
“Eventful.” Ray supplied.
 
Anhara nodded.
 
Taking a deep breath, Ray turned his golden eyes at his koi, his arms drawing her to him in a protective
hug.
 
“Ken...” Anhara sobbed on his shoulder. “It's been so long...”
 
“Adeline, I'm sorry.” Ray muttered.
 
“Why?” Anhara asked, looking up at him.
 
“I wasn't there...” Ray choked. “when you needed me.”
 
Anhara sealed his protest with a finger.
 
“Don't...” she shook her head. “Selenity killed you and the other guys, remember?”
 
“You're right.” Ray nodded.
 
Tilting her head up, the feline-like teen drew his lover's lips into a sweet tender kiss.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
SailorStar9: Phew, that's it for now. Anyway, read and review.