Beyblade Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyblade Series 1: Reloaded ❯ Memories, Part Two ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Figured was about time I got this chapter out before anyone of you kills me. Anyway, this is Chapter 8. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every time? Sailor Moon and Beyblade won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave. The only things I own are this very lame plot and Anhara's bit-beast.
 
Chapter 8: Memories, Part Two
 
***************************************************************** ************************

With the light of the daybreak peering through the curtains, Anhara pushed herself up as her eyes adjusted to the rising sun. A faint snore attracted her attention and the blue-haired Assassin turned to see her reincarnated lover still asleep in bed.
 
Anhara tried hard not to roll her eyes.
 
He definitely sleeps like a cat. She mused.
 
Not waiting for Ray to wake up, Anhara eased herself out of bed, grabbed her travel toothbrush and her makeup kit and headed directly to the bathroom.
 
In the midst of brushing her teeth, Anhara was struck by another flashback.
 
***************************************************************** ************************

Flashback
 
It was during a ball in the Moon Palace, a first time for Queen Selenity, and every royalty in the Solar System were present.
 
Kenji was dancing with his lady, Adeline, when his golden eyes caught sight of an advancing Princess Serenity of the Moon over Adeline's shoulder. Quickly, not giving Adeline a chance to protest, he steered both him and his dance partner away from the contriving Moon Princess.
 
Once on the sidelines, the Prince of Ganymede scrutinized the entire ballroom. He smiled when he saw Guardian Uranus and Guardian Neptune dancing closely with each other. His eyes turned to see the two other homophile couples in the ballroom.
 
Serenity...” Kenji hissed as he frowned that the advancing Moon Princess.
 
The Crown Prince of Ganymede then took his lover's hand and headed for the dance floor.
 
Princess Serenity mentally cursed as the main object of her obsession slipped past her fingers again.
 
This isn't right! The Moon Princess vowed. I am the Princess of the White Moon. Every man have to fall in love with me!
 
Guardian Venus was dancing with another one of her many flings when she felt an immense negative emotion. The Senshi of Emotions quietly focused her powers and mentally gasped when she recognized the feeling; jealously.
 
But who? The Senshi of Light wondered as she then allowed her senses to probe the auras of everyone present.
 
Serenity... she realized when she sensed the very strong antagonistic air that literally crackled around the Princess of the Moon. I see... she still lusts after Ganymede even though he's in love with Mercury. Can't she see that Ganymede and Mercury are soulmates; that they were far more than Fated to be together, that they were Destined?
 
The problem was, Venus realized, Serenity did not see. In her mind, she was the Princess of the White Moon and every man had to fall in love with her.
 
On the dance floor, Adeline looked over Kenji's shoulder and she drew in her breath sharply when Queen Selenity's eyes were turned to her. Large, cornflower blue, smoldering eyes they were, but something else came from those eyes - power, a definite force, a wave of evil malignancy. Adeline knew about the power of personality. She realized that Queen Selenity was no spoilt, tyrannical Queen indulging petty whims. Queen Selenity was a definite force. In the malignancy of her glare, she felt a resemblance of a cobra. The White Moon might not be as powerful as the other planets and moons, but its Queen was no powerless. Queen Selenity was a woman who knew power, who had exercised a lifetime of power and who had never once doubted her own force.
 
Seated on the throne, Queen Selenity surveyed the royalty present at her ball and frowned at the immense power each one radiated. She, herself, was a creature born with immense ambition, with a yearning to dominate and to impress her personality on other people. She neither sublimated that intense craving for power - nor did she seek to master it - she fed it. But in the end, she realized she was not a great power. She was not feared and hated over a wide area. She was the petty tyrant of only one moon! She then sought to extend her activities and to amuse herself by making her dominance more precarious, hence the ball on the Moon Palace. But that led to a different aspect in this case. By holding the ball, she realized that for the first time, how extremely insignificant she was compared to the other royals.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ************************

“Woah!” Anhara mumbled after she rinsed her mouth as she snapped out of her thoughts.
 
“Serenity sure is obsessed.” she remarked.
 
“And you always wonder why I avoided her like the plague.” Ray commented as he hugged his reincarnated lover from the back. “Good morning, sweetheart.”
 
“Good morning to you too.” Anhara chuckled.
 
Smoothing his hands over her stomach, he added softly, “I still remember... our children.”
 
Anhara nodded mutely, “The twins... I managed to get Ophelia and Jade to Elysian before Mercury fell.”
 
She moaned as the avatar of Byakko nipped her neck playfully, “Don't... do...”
 
“I don't think I want to.” Ray purred into her ear.
 
“Down Tiger.” Anhara joked.
 
“You're no fun, you know that.” Ray pouted.
 
Then, he turned serious, “And I remember you miscarried our third child.”
 
“I'm sorry.” Anhara mumbled.
 
“Not your fault.” Ray whispered, kissing her cheek. “You had to either dodge Serenity's attack or get yourself and the baby killed.”
 
“Didn't know she could be so vindictive.” Anhara muttered.
 
“Jealousy does that to women.” Ray reminded her.
 
“Especially since we kept her from our wedding.” Anhara noted.
 
“She'll have ruined it anyway.” Ray shrugged. “She was dead set against us being together right from the very start.”
 
Just then, a flash of darkness came over the couple's eyes.
 
“Natalia.” Ray growled.
 
“That's why I always reminded you guys to seriously make sure our enemies are dead.” Anhara told him.
 
“Go brush your teeth, Tiger.” She added, removing herself from his embrace. “Then, we'll see what that witch is up to this time.”
 
“What about breakfast?” Ray shouted before the door was slammed shut.
 
“We'll grab some on the way.” Anhara shouted back. “I just hope you still have your Dragon Sword.”
 
Ray blinked before snapping his fingers. His sub-space pocket opened at his command and his Dragon Sword fell neatly into his open hands.
 
“Yup, still with me.” He shouted back his answer. “Although I'm back to my first-stage powers.”
 
“Sucks to be you, Tiger.” Anhara joked.
 
“I heard that.” Ray called out.
 
Anhara grinned at his answer and her expression turned serious a second later as she recalled what had happened to the Moon Princess after their wedding.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************

Flashback One
 
A few days after the small wedding on Ganymede, Princess Serenity finally got wind of the secret marriage between Kenji and Adeline.
 
Humph! How dare him! The Princess of the White Moon fumed. He would rather marry a nobody like her than me! I'm so angry!
 
Then, her ruby lips turned up into a twisted grin as an idea churned in her mind. Hee, hee… Adeline, Kenji would've been mine if it wasn't for you! You have never given me any respect! I won't let you enjoy the rest of your life… hee… hee…
 
That decided, the jealous Princess Serenity went to her mother, intending on instigating the White Moon Queen to avenge her humiliation. But Queen Selenity refused, telling her daughter that she would not give in to her daughter's whims of revenge.
 
That night, in the nuptial room, Adeline was asleep in her husband's arms when she was struck by a dream.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************

Dream Sequence
 
Wife.” Came Kenji's disembodied voice.
 
Ah?” Adeline gasped.
 
Wife!” Kenji called once again, this time in more hurried tone. “Wife!”
 
Where am I? Why am I here?” Adeline pondered aloud as she turned her body around in the darkness. “Ah! It's Ken!”
 
Husband, where are you?” she called out in the darkness as Kenji's ghostly voice called out, “Wife! Wife!”
 
Husband, where are you?” Adeline asked frantically. “Husband, I can't see you!”
 
Then, she slipped as she lost her footing in the darkness.
 
End of Dream Sequence
 
***************************************************************** *******************************

“Waw!” Adeline was now jolted awake. “Argh!”
 
What's wrong, darling?” the newly crowned King Ganymede asked his wife in worry, seeing her in tears.
 
Husband!” Adeline wailed in his arms. “I'm really scared… I couldn't see you in my dream.”
 
Ha, silly girl.” Kenji consoled her as he pulled her close. “It's just a dream. I'm here with you, aren't I? Don't be paranoid!”
 
But little did the blissful couple know, their happiness would soon be shattered.
 
End of Flashback One
 
***************************************************************** ********************************

Flashback Two
 
It had been a few years since Kenji's reign and the royal couple was smiling at their five-year-old twin daughters.
 
Adeline had miscarried their third child some time back. She was in her third trimester, coming very close to her fourth in a couple of days, when a very bitter Princess Serenity had blasted the pregnant Queen with a massive ball of Moon magic. The Queen fell to the ground, barely having the chance to dodge the magical attack, her pregnancy having made her maneuvers slow and careful since the Queen did not want to lose her only male child.
 
Kenji and Kai had quickly arrived on scene just as Princess Serenity powered up another ball of Moon magic in her hands as she neared the fallen Queen.
 
Kenji is mine, witch.” The vengeful Princess sneered. “First I'll kill you, then those two bastard girls of yours. With you gone, Kenji will turn to me.”
 
Kai had then quickly placed a fire shield in front of the Queen just as Kenji unsheathed his sword. The three Outer Dragon Knights came in next, with Tyson and Max standing beside their comrades, weapons drawn as Kenny pulled Adeline away from the battlefield and into the maternity infirmary. But it was already too late. That sudden impact to the crystal floor had caused Adeline dearly. She lost the child, her only son, that day.
 
Kenji knew it was not Adeline's fault that Princess Serenity had been resentful, but he knew his beloved well enough that she would place the blame on herself.
 
A few months later, Queen Selenity began her second-stage plan to conquer the Solar System.
 
The White Moon Queen, having created the Ginzuishou with the Planetary crystals of Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune and familiarized herself with the planets' powers, then sent a message to the Planetary moons; stating that they could either hand over their rule to her or face immediate destruction. The Planetary moons had obviously refused, not believing the Queen of the Terran Moon could have such a power. In response to their indignant, Queen Selenity then used the Ginzuishou to render the outer-most of Pluto's moons, Hydra, lifeless and inhabitable as a display of her new power.
 
Knowing that a war was inevitable, Kenji quickly sent his wife and daughters onto a transport ship to Mercury before the full-fledged war came to Ganymede. Kenji had been right about that, for less than a week later, the Lunaian army stormed the castle.
 
It had been six months since the war on the moons and Adeline missed her husband dearly.
 
Then one night…
 
***************************************************************** *******************************
Dream Sequence

“Husband… husband…” Adeline tossed and turned in her sleep.
 
Wife!” Kenji's voice sounded.
 
Where are you, husband?” Adeline cried out into the darkness. Turning, she saw a skull rushing towards her, a crack on its forehead.
 
End of Dream Sequence
 
***************************************************************** ***************************

“Waw!” Adeline was
jerked awake. “Husband!”
 
My Queen!” Adeline's nursemaid then came rushing into the bedchambers.
 
Nanny, something must be wrong!” Adeline wailed into the matron's arms.
 
Silly child.” The nursemaid soothed. “You are having a nightmare.”
 
Just then, one of the servants knocked furiously on the door.
 
My Queen, open the door quickly!” she called. “An escape ship from Ganymede had just entered Mercury's obit and asking for permission to land. It had sent out a code belonging to Commander Godric!
 
Godric!” Adeline gasped. “Ken's most trusted commandant. If he's here, then…”
 
With no time to think any further, Adeline hurried to dress and welcome the Chief Commander of Ganymede.
 
My Queen...” a battle-wearied Godric knelt down before his Queen, alongside with the rest of the battered Ganymede forces.
 
Godric, what happened?” Adeline asked worriedly.
 
We managed to reclaim almost half the lands the Lunaian took over, before we were eventually overran.” Godric replied. “With the five Planets' powers on their side, the Lunaians were simply too strong.”
 
And Kenji...” Adeline prompted.
 
Godric looked down on the ground as the other soldiers looked away.
 
His Majesty...” General Findan croaked. “Forgive me, my Queen... His Majesty... didn't make it.”
 
This is what's left of him...” Godric added, presenting an amulet to the widow.
 
Adeline took it with trembling hands, immediately recognizing it as a gift she had given her late husband; a symbol of their eternal love.
 
And the rest of the Dragons?” Adeline asked.
 
None of them... made it...” Findan replied. “I'm sorry, My Queen.”
 
I see...” Adeline muttered, her mind returning back to the promise Kenji made to her.
 
I'm here with you, aren't I? I'll always stay by your side. He had told her.
 
Composing herself, she turned to a small group of maid servants.
 
Take these warriors to their resting chambers and see to it that they're properly taken care of.” she instructed.
 
At once, Her Majesty.” the leader bowed.
 
Come gentlemen, this way.” she gestured to Godric and his men and led them away.
 
Adeline sighed as she slowly walked back to her room. Only when she was in the privacy of her bedchambers, the Queen of Mercury wept.
 
Mommy?” the elder of the twin girls squeaked as she pushed into her mother's room meekly.
 
Ophelia...” Adeline muttered.
 
Mommy, why are you crying?” Ophelia asked.
 
Ophelia, be a good girl and call your sister in here. There's something I need the two of you to know.” Adeline remarked.
 
Ophelia nodded and went to get her sister.
 
Minutes later, the two girls entered their mother's room.
 
It's daddy, isn't it, mommy?” Jade, being the more perspective of the two, asked.
 
Yes.” Adeline replied.
 
Did something happen to daddy, mommy?” Ophelia asked.
 
Ophelia, Jade,” Adeline turned to her two daughters. “Your daddy has gone to where your grandpa and granny are.”
 
NO!” Ophelia screeched in disbelief. “MOMMY, YOU'RE LYING!”
 
Mommy isn't lying, Ophelia.” Jade cried to her older twin. “Can't you feel it? Daddy's aura is no more! And so is Uncle Kai's, Uncle Tyson's, Uncle Max's and Uncle Kenny's!”
 
NO!” Ophelia wailed in denial. Seconds later, even she had to accept that it was the truth. Ophelia hugged her sister and the twins wept.
 
End of Flashback Two
 
***************************************************************** *********************

SailorStar9: Well, that's a slightly longer memory chapter. Hope you guys liked it. Read and review.