Beyblade Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyblade Series 1: Reloaded ❯ The Not-So-New Enemy ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Figured was about time I got this chapter out before anyone of you kills me. Anyway, this is Chapter 9. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every time? Sailor Moon and Beyblade won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave. The only things I own are this very lame plot and Anhara's bit-beast.
 
Chapter 9: The Not-So-New Enemy
 
***************************************************************** **************************

After grabbing a quick bite at the hotel cafeteria, the newly awakened couple rushed out of the hotel, with Anhara's Mercury computer scanning the area for Natalia's energy.
 
“Turn right.” Anhara instructed. “Three streets away.”
 
Ray nodded and the two dashed off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Deju vu.” Anhara muttered once they rounded the corner and saw what kind of monster Natalia had sent.
 
“Ditto.” Ray agreed.
 
“There you are!” the youma screeched once it noticed its targets.
 
“What's up with Natalia and recycling monsters instead of creating new ones?” Anhara moaned.
 
“No idea.” Ray shrugged. “Let's transform anyway.”
 
“Agreed.” Anhara nodded as she produced her transformation pen just as Ray whipped out his Dragon Sword.
 
“Great Dragon of Ganymede, bestow your power upon me!” Ray called out his transformation as a emerald light in the form of a dragon surrounded him, encasing his body in its light. The green light then burst into full and the Dragon Knight of Ganymede appeared.
 
“Mercury Ice Power, Make Up!” Anhara tossed her pen in the air, as she shouted her transformation phase. She tilted her head up as a shimmer of Mercurian dust landed on her tiara gem which was sparkling on her forehead. Her tiara gem then exploded into full power as she crossed her arms across her chest. A stream of ice then rushed down from the tiara gem around her, expanding over her body, forming her sailor fuku.
 
Cardite smirked and looked at the youma she had summoned.
 
“Electron, attack!” she ordered.
 
“00100111000110!” Electron said then shot forwards towards the two warriors.
 
“What did it just say?” Dragon Ganymede asked his female counterpart.
 
“It said, 'I'm an electronic youma.'” Sailor Mercury translated.
 
Dragon Ganymede sweatdropped.
 
“We beat this guy first.” Sailor Mercury, turning her attention back on the youma.
 
“Shine Snow....” she began her attack phase.
 
“Illusion!” she ended her attack as she blasted the electronic youma with a powerful and freezing storm.
 
“00100111000110.” the youma retaliated.
 
“Translation?” Dragon Ganymede asked.
 
“That was cold.” Sailor Mercury replied.
 
Dragon Ganymede's sweatdrop grew larger.
 
“Can attack him now?” Sailor Mercury inquired.
 
Dragon Ganymede nodded.
 
“Ganymede Thunder...” Raising his Dragon Sword as it charged up with lightning power, he swung his sword to his right.
 
“Dragon!” he called out his attack. A powerful lightning bolt rushed towards the frozen youma, taking the shape of a dragon midway. The said thunder dragon literally engulfed the electronic youma, causing a large explosion.
 
When the smoke cleared, there was no trace of the youma.
 
“Ouch.” Sailor Mercury winced.
 
“I guess we beat it.” she said as she scanned the area.
 
“But there's something else...” Dragon Ganymede frowned.
 
At that moment, Cardite materialized in front of the two.
 
“I see you've beaten Electron... Well, never mind that, next time, you won't be so lucky.” Cardite promised and disappeared in a swirl of sakura petals.
 
“That was...” Dragon Ganymede blinked.
 
“Weird.” Sailor Mercury finished his sentence.
 
“Right.” Dragon Ganymede nodded.
 
“Now what?” he asked, as his armor disappeared.
 
“We grab breakfast.” Anhara suggested as he sailor fuku melted off.
 
Coming up towards him, she playfully pinched his nose and added, “This time, a full one.”
 
“Tease.” Ray muttered as he followed her.
 
***************************************************************** *********************

Once the pair returned to the hotel, they found Tyson and Max in the midst of breakfast.
 
“Where were you two?” Max asked, but not before swallowing his tomato omelet.
 
“Yeah.” Tyson agreed, still chewing on his chicken sandwich.
 
“Tyson.” Ray grimaced as he swatted the bread crumbs off his face. “Swallow before you talk.”
 
Tyson swallowed his sandwich and replied sarcastically, “Yes father.”
 
“I... had to take care of something.” Anhara answered Max's question as she sat down.
 
“Assassin business.” she elaborated.
 
“Then why is Ray with you?” Tyson asked.
 
“I... followed her.” Ray admitted.
 
“Spare us the details, please.” Max begged, returning to his omelet.
 
“Fine.” Anhara sighed and she got up to get a cereal bowl.
 
Ray shook his head amusedly and stood up to follow his lover's example.
 
“With them around, we need to tone down it a bit.” he suggested, as he stood beside her.
 
“A bit?” Anhara quirked a brow. “How about a lot?”
 
“Fine, a lot.” Ray sighed. “But until the guys get their memories back.”
 
“Alright.” Anhara agreed.
 
***************************************************************** **********************

“By the way, where are the other two?” Ray asked once the pair returned to the table.
 
“Kai's gone missing, as usual.” Tyson pouted.
 
“But Kenny's gone too.” Max pointed out. “It isn't like him to disappear without telling anyone of us.”
 
“I think Kenny needs time alone to figure out things.” Anhara voiced out her opinion.
 
“Could be.” Max nodded, chewing slowly on his omelet.
 
“Don't worry Tate.” Anhara grinned. “Kenny's mature enough to know when his 'alone time' ends. Unlike some people.”
 
“She's right.” both Ray and Max chorused.
 
“I resent that.” Tyson muttered.
 
“The truth hurts, Granger.” Anhara joked.
 
“She's got a point.” Ray grinned.
 
***************************************************************** ******************************

Meanwhile, Kenny had arrived in an underground bar. Hopping onto one of the seats, the bartender asked, “So what will it be?”
 
“Milk please.” Kenny requested.
 
“And make it a double.” Dizzi quipped. “On the rocks.”
 
After downing his drink, Kenny continued his research.
 
“Finally, we have some time to ourselves, huh Dizzi? So, let's get down to business.” he noted.
 
“I'm all yours, Chief.” Dizzi replied.
 
“I guess the best place to begin is at the beginning where it all started.” Kenny mused. “That way, I can keep track of everything the Bladebreakers have learnt and it's the only way we'll get any better.”
 
“Makes sense to me.” Dizzi remarked.
 
“I'll record every detail of everything we've ever done since we've met Tyson and upload it to his special file. We'll gather so much data that it'll make even the All Starz's head spin. And once we've analyzed it all, the Bladebreakers will be the next Beyblading World Champions. Let me see, when was the first time I met Tyson. Oh yeah, now I remember, it was when the Carlos was stealing all of our blades.”
 
Insert flashback to episode one.
 
“That's when he showed up.” Kenny added.
 
“Who's he?” Dizzi asked.
 
“Don't tell me you can't remember.” Kenny chided. “It was Kai.”
 
Insert flashback to the first beybattle between Tyson and Kai, with both Dragoon and Dranze emerging from their respective bit-chips. Insert one more flashback to the beybattle between Tyson and Max.
 
“And then, we were headed for the big time.” Kenny added.
 
“Oh yeah, I remember.” Dizzi quipped. “The Beyblade Regional Qualifying Tournament.”
 
“It was Mr. Dickerson's idea to enter us and I thought we'll win it no problem.” Kenny remarked.
 
“You didn't get out much there, did you Chief?” Dizzi joked.
 
“You want me to shut you down, Dizzi?” Kenny threatened.
 
Insert flashback to the semi-finals between Max and Kai.
 
“Say Chief, didn't Max lose the very first match?” Dizzi reminded.
 
“I told you, Dizzi, we have to learn from your failures too.” Kenny told her. “And besides, we were only getting started. Just wait, the best was yet to come.”
 
“Hey Dizzi.” he added. “Do you remember we first set eyes on Ray?”
 
“Was it Tyson's first battle in the qualifying tournament?” Dizzi asked.
 
“Bingo!” Kenny beamed.
 
Insert flashback to the semi-finals between Tyson and Ray.
 
“That battle was totally intense. Ray and Tyson's bit-beasts went at each other like it was no tomorrow. Neither would give an inch. It was an all-out war. Then, from out of nowhere, it was over. At first, I didn't know who the winner was, but to my surprise, Tyson was battling at a thousand at the tournament.” Kenny related
 
“Stop it Chief, you're getting me goosebumps just thinking about it.” Dizzi chirped.
 
“And that was the first time I've ever witnessed Tyson's Dragoon Phantom Hurricane attack” Kenny added.
 
Insert flashback to the finals between Kai and Tyson.
 
“And after Tyson won that qualifying tournament, it was really the start of the Bladebreakers. “ Kenny noted.
 
“It was... the happiest day of my life, Chief.” Dizzi chirped.
 
“Will you quit joking around, Dizzi?” Kenny scolded. “I'm being serious.”
 
“Well, can't blame a girl for trying, can't you?” Dizzi joked.
 
“Okay, where was I?” Kenny mused as he continued typing. “Oh yeah, Max had just had his first taste of playing with the big boys, while Tyson had just won his first tournament. There was when Mr. Dickerson decided to put together that included both Ray and Kai.”
 
Dizzi coughed, “Aren't you forgetting about us?”
 
Ignoring her, Kenny continued, “The Bladebreakers had finally come together and before we knew it, we were on our plane heading straight for the Asian Tournament. But the question was, could we all work together as a team? We formed the Bladebreakers and we were off the the Asian Tournament in China. But first, we had a stopover in Hong Kong where we had a little back-alley run-in with Ray's old team: the White Tigers.”
 
Insert flashback to the first meeting with Lee and the China team.
 
“Then, Mr. Dickerson introduced us to the Mystics; the former World Champions.” Kenny added. “And as it turns out, Anhara was the true team captain of the real Team Mystics.”
 
“Do you remember how those girls totally kicked the White Tiger's butts?” Dizzi chirped.
 
“Yes.” Kenny replied. “And surprisingly, the Mystics forfeited the finals, making the Bladebreakers win by default. Next, we headed for the American Tournament and this would be our toughest test ever, especially going up against the All Starz and all their data.”
 
Flashback to the test beybattle between Emily and Anhara.
 
“Man, that girl sure has a lot of surprises up her sleeve.” Dizzi remarked. “I mean, three attacks?”
 
“Max's mom was right when she said the Bladebreakers were inferior, or at least it looked that way at first. The All Starz were the best bladers and what was worse, their team had unlimited resources.” Kenny related.
 
Insert flashback to the first meeting between Steven and Eddy. Insert one more flashback to Michael's dramatic entrance.
 
“The All Starz had everything. The data, the technology, but they would have to wait. First we had to make it to the finals and to get there, we had our hands full with some of the wildest opponents you could ever imagine.” Kenny added.
 
Insert some more flashbacks of the American Beybattles before the finals. Insert a couple more flashbacks of the first two rounds in the finals.
 
“Remember the final round of the American Tournament, Dizzi?” Kenny inquired.
 
“That was a close call.” Dizzi agreed.
 
Insert flashback to the final round between Micheal and Max.
 
“Wow Chief,” Dizzi remarked. “You've come a long way from playing with beyblades in the playground. And to think, I knew you when you were a nobody.”
 
“Yeah.” Kenny agreed. “When you think about it, Dizzi, we were just a bunch of regular kids who loved to blade and since then, we've won two tournaments and the Bladebreakers have made a name for themselves which I'd never imagine would ever happen.”
 
“What's next?” Dizzi asked. “A star on Hollywood?”
 
Kenny fell off his seat.
 
“Hey? What did I say?” Dizzi was confused.
 
“You just... might be right.” Kenny moaned.
 
“So there you are.” Tyson's voice interrupted.
 
“Tyson.” Kenny blinked as he climbed back to his feet.
 
“We've been looking for you all afternoon, Chief.” Tyson told him.
 
“Why did you disappear?” Max asked.
 
“I had a little unfinished work.” Kenny explained.
 
“Yeah right, Chief.” Ray scoffed. “Let's go.”
 
“Go?” Kenny echoed. “Where are we going?”
 
“We've got a ship to catch.” Tyson told him.
 
“Huh?” Kenny was confused.
 
“So, what do you think, Chief?” he asked once they dragged Kenny to the harbor.
 
“But where are we going?” Kenny asked.
 
Max chuckled, It's our little surprise.”
 
“Stop yapping and get on board.” Kai scolded. “We're about to leave.”
 
“Aye, aye captain Kai.” Tyson retorted.
 
***************************************************************** ***************************

SailorStar9: Well that's ended. Read and review.