Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
 
After school the next day, Serena and Kai traveled by bus to Serena's house.
 
“I don't want you staying silent the whole time. You're visiting, so talk!”
 
Kai didn't answer to that.
 
“Mom I'm home,” called Serena ask they walked inside.
 
“Hi honey,” replied Serena's mom Ms. Smith. “Oh hello Kai. Nice to see you again.”
 
“Hello.”
 
“Kai goes to my school,” announced Serena.
 
“That's good. Are you staying for dinner Kai? You're welcome to.”
 
“No thank you. I can't stay long. I have to pack for my trip to Tokyo. Though I was hoping,” Kai turned to Serena, “That you would like to come with me.”
 
“Of course! Trip to a big city! WHOOOOOO… oh wait,” Serena looked at her mom, “Can I go Mom?”
 
“I don't know…” Ms. Smith looked thoughtful.
 
“You can come too,” said Kai. Just what I need, a chaperone.
 
It was awhile before Ms. Smith gave the okay.
 
“Road trip! WHOOOT!.”
 
“I'll have to make hotel reservations,” said Ms. Smith.
 
“You can stay at my place,” offered Kai.
 
The celebration halted.
 
“V-voltaire's place?” stuttered Serena.
 
Kai shook his head. “Not his. Mine. Grandfather,” Kai spat out the word, “is in jail for life.
 
Ms. Smith gave a sigh of relief. “That's good, but we can't impose.”
 
“I insist.”
 
Serena decided to stay out of this one. She didn't care where they stayed. She was finally able to visit a big city. After Biovolt, Ms. Smith and Serena had stuck to small towns.
 
“All right Kai, if you insist.” Ms. Smith turned to go. “We'll pack later, you two have fun.” Ms. Smith disappeared into the kitchen.
 
Kai turned to Serena. “Are you any better at blading?”
 
“I haven't picked up a blade since I left Biovolt. We moved to towns where blading wasn't popular, ” answered Serena.
 
Kai reached into his pocket and pulled out his blade. “How about a match then?”
 
Serena smiled. “Sure. Let me just drop my stuff off in my room and Kailara.” Serena was talking about her blade.
 
Kai followed Serena to her room. “What happened to Silviar?”
 
Silviar was Serena's other blade. Boris had given her that blade because it had a black and silver fox as the bitbeast. Kaliara didn't have a bitbeast.
 
“I left him at Biovolt. I wasn't going to take with me that-that-TOOL of Boris's.” Serena dug into a drawer and pulled out her blade. “Here it is! Now, we'll have to go out back. There's a dirt patch about the size of a practice stadium there.”
 
Kai followed Serena out back. It was shady, as the trees were overgrown. “For privacy,” was Serena's explanation.
 
Serena and Kai stood at opposite ends of the dirt patch. Blades were placed in launchers. Hands went to the ripcords, the object that gave the beyblade its speed and power. After the standard countdown, the ripcords were ripped out of the launcher; and the two blades went flying to the ground, heading for each other. Of course, Kai had an advantage. His blade, Dranzer, had a bitbeast. It wasn't long before Kaliara stopped spinning. Dranzer, the giant bird of flames, disappeared and Kai bent down to pick up his blade.
 
“I'll see you tomorrow.”
 
Serena's face fell. “You're leaving all ready?”
 
Kai nodded. “I have to pack for the trip tomorrow, as do you. I'll be around in the morning.”
 
“Oh. Okay. See you then.” Serena showed Kai to the front door and watched as he walked toward the nearest bus stop. Ms. Smith came up behind her.
 
“You'll see him tomorrow sweetie. Come, we need to pack.”
 
Serena nodded and close the front door. Her face brightened. She could talk to Kai anytime, with the help of the telepathic link.