Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17
 
The next morning, Serena watched as Max piled sugar once again onto his sugared cereal. Then, as they were on their way to Tyson's, Max raced ahead.
 
God. Does he always run after eating sugar?
 
At practice, Serena drilled the BladeBreakers. One-on-One, Two-on-Two, everything she could think of. Of course, Serena had time to consult Kenny on if she needed to change anything with her own blading.
 
You better be watching Nicole. I'm not going to give up.
 
Serena led the BladeBreakers to the park, where she had them run laps and other physical activities.
 
“Why…do…we…have…to…run?” ; panted Tyson when he was done with a lap. The others had finished before him.
 
“Not only do you have to be strong at blading, but you also have to be strong physically. What if you go against someone like Bryan who attacks the blader too? You won't last long if you don't have stamina.”
 
Ray was lying on the ground. “I lasted against Bryan's attacks at the last World Championships. Why do I have to run?”
 
“From what I've been told, you had to go to the hospital afterwards, so you need more stamina.
 
“At least can we take a break?” whined Tyson.
 
Serena sighed. “Fine, but 15 minutes!” Serena spied Kai over by a tree. She hadn't seen him come in.
 
/Have you been running?/
 
//No.//
 
/Why not?/
 
//I'm strong enough.//
 
/You are a part of this team. You need to train with the team./
 
//No thank you.//
 
/Do I need to show them all of the pranks I pulled on you? I'm sure Tyson would LOVE to see you with pink hair./
 
//That's low.//
 
/I know; but I will do it so you better run./
 
//Fine.//
 
Serena looked at her friends. All of them were on the ground.
 
Maybe I pushed them too hard.
 
A ring tone broke the silence. Tyson dug in his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. “Hello?”
 
“Hey Little Dude!” cried a voice from the phone.
 
Tyson winced and held the phone away at arms length. “Hi Gramps. What is it?”
 
“Mr. D called. He wants you and your peeps at his office tomorrow.”
 
“Thanks Gramps.” Tyson hung up the phone. “You guys catch all of that?”
 
“Who couldn't? I'm sure they heard your grandfather on the other side of town,” laughed Max.
 
“I wonder what Mr. Dickenson wants,” said Kenny.
 
“Who's Mr. Dickenson?” asked Serena.
 
“He's the one who brought us together to form the BladeBreakers. He's also a commissioner for the BBA,” said Ray.
 
“Why don't you come to meet Mr. Dickenson Serena,” said Max.
 
“I shouldn't. He wants to talk to you guys.”
 
“Nonsense. You're our coach. Mr. Dickenson will want to meet you,” said Ray.
 
“But-”
 
Tyson interrupted Serena. “Just shut up already and come with us.”
 
Serena barely kept her mask in place. “Do you want to run another lap Granger?”
 
“No. I'm good.”
 
“We all should head home. School's tomorrow and I know Serena needs to get ready for her first day of school,” said Max.
 
“Fine,” Serena grumbled, “but after that AND after we visit Mr. Dickenson, then it's more practice!”
 
Everyone groaned.
 
“Keep groaning and I'll add more laps!”