Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 23

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23
 
 
“Max!”
 
Everyone started running after Max. The net led the gang to a lake. The water looked green and it had an island in the middle of it. A beystadium was on the tiny island. The net dropped Max off in front of the stadium.
 
“Max, you okay?” asked Serena.
 
“I'm fine, but why am I here?” asked Max.
 
“To blade against me.” A boy jumped down from the one tree on the island.
 
“Who are you?” asked Max.
 
“I am Chameleon.”
 
Sniggers from the group.
 
“I don't care who you are. Max will beat you,” said Tyson.
 
Chameleon laughed. “Yeah right.”
 
Not long after, Draciel and Chameleon's blade were launched into the stadium. Immediately, the PsyKick's blade was attacking Draciel, pushing it back.
 
“Come on Max! Beat this sorry excuse of a blader!” said Serena.
 
“Draciel!” shouted Max.
 
The purple turtle appeared. Chameleon smirked as energy nets surrounded Draciel.
 
“What?!”
 
“That's illegal!”
 
“No! Draciel!” cried Max.
 
Tyson thought he could somehow help Max. He stepped into the water and tried to take another step; but his foot was stuck. Ray and Serena had to pull him out. All the while, Draciel was fighting the net around him; and all the while, Chameleon's blade was attacking Draciel.
 
“Draciel!” shouted Max.
 
“Draciel broke free of the net and attacked Chameleon's blade. It was knocked out of the stadium and into the water where it sank. There was a cracking sound.
 
“The tree!”
 
“Look out!”
 
The tree fell, causing dust to rise, obstructing the view. When it cleared, Chameleon had disappeared and the tree had created a bridge. Max scurried across the tree where he joined his friends.
 
“Good job Max,” said Kenny.
 
“You showed him,” said Tyson.
 
“I have a question. Why would the PsyKicks want to capture your bitbeasts?” asked Serena.
 
That question was on everyone's mind after that.