Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 27

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27
 
 
Serena groaned and opened her eyes. She hurt all over.
 
“Hey, you're awake!”
 
Serena looked to her left and saw Max in a bed beside hers.
 
“Where am I?” asked Serena.
 
“The hospital. You needed a BLOOD TRANSFUSION!”
 
“Oh.” That explained why Max was in the other bed and why SHE was hooked up to a lot of wires.
 
“Serena!” The BladeBreakers came into the room.
 
“How are you doing?” asked Ray.
 
“How do you think I am doing? I'm in a hospital hooked up to wires,” snapped Serena.
 
Tyson, on his crutches, laughed. “She's fine, unfortunately.”
 
Serena glared at Tyson. “Don't make me come over there!”
 
Kenny cleared his throat. “Serena, were you whipped at Biovolt?”
 
Everyone looked at Serena, who had her mask in place.
 
“What do you mean?” asked Serena.
 
“The doctor says you have scars on your back and on your hand,” explained Kenny.
 
“Oh, those. No I wasn't whipped. At least, not with a belt or anything of the sort. I wasn't' always good at fighting, so I got slashed a lot,” said Serena.
 
“Is that what you were in today? A fight?” asked Max.
 
Serena nodded, then winced. She had hit her head hard during the fight. “Yeah. A gang from Domino came after me.”
 
“From Domino? Isn't that where you used to live? Why did they come all the way to Tokyo?” asked Ray.
 
“Revenge. See, in Domino, I taught people self-defense. Some of them were a year or two older than me; but all of them used to be bullied. For some reason, a lot of those I taught looked up to me. They started to dress like me and formed a little bullying defeating gang called the Black Dragons. They made me the Alpha Dog, which didn't sit well with those older than me; or those who didn't want a leader. So they went off and formed their own little gang, the Phantoms. Unfortunately, they turned bad and the Black Dragons had to fight them many times.”
 
“Ungrateful brats,” said Tyson.
 
“You think they'll go to jail?” asked Max.
 
“Attempted murder? Of course they will,” said Kenny.
 
At that time, a nurse came in. “I'm sorry, but these two need to rest. And you!” she spotted Tyson. “You thought you'd run! Back to your room!”
 
The others said goodbye and left. Max looked at Serena. “You're not telling us everything. I may not have known you long, but I can tell.”
 
“I don't know what you are talking about,” said Serena.
 
Max sighed. “I wish you'd trust us. We just want to help.”
 
Serena didn't answer. I do trust you. I just don't want you to know.