Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 29

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 29
 
The next day, Serena woke up at her usual time. Of course, no one in the house was up at that time, so it was the perfect time for Serena to sneak out of the house. She headed to the park for her usual blading and fighting practice; but today, Serena was going to skip the fighting. Once at the park, Serena had Dragonia go through an obstacle course while Serena drank coffee. Out of nowhere, another blade came and attacked Dragonia.
 
“Hello Kai.”
 
The blade's owner stepped out of the shadows. “You're supposed to be lying down.”
 
“I'm tired of lying down. I was lying down yesterday and the week before that at the hospital. I want to do something besides reading and watching the television,” said Serena.
 
“You sure you're okay?”
 
“As long as I don't do anything that will hurt my side, I'm fine.”
 
Kai recalled Dranzer. “I figured you wouldn't stay in bed and that you were coming out here to train.”
 
Serena scowled. “You know me too well.”
 
“After all these years I should.”
 
“True. Well, shall we practice some more?”
 
“I've got to get going. I've got business to attend to.”
 
“Make sure you attend practice today.”
 
Kai nodded and walked away. Serena watched him sadly.
 
It feels like we're not close anymore.
 
“Serena!” came Nicole's voice.
 
Serena looked around but didn't see her.
 
“Up here!”
 
Serena looked in the tree above her and saw Nicole looking down at her. Serena recalled her blade and climbed up. “What's up?”
 
“The PsyKicks have come up with a new way to get the BladeBreakers' bitbeasts. They've created-”
 
“Nicole!” One of Nicole's pals dropped down to the branch above them.
 
“What is it Ozuma?” asked Nicole.
 
Ozuma? That's the one who wants to take Tyson's bitbeast!
 
“You cannot tell her. They need to find out on their own.”
 
“Well, how can we and they stop the PsyKicks if they don't know? asked Nicole.
 
“They must find out on their own,” replied Ozuma.
 
“When you make up your mind about if you're going to spill the beans or not, let me know. I'm leaving.” Serena climbed out of the tree.
 
“Serena! Wait!” called Nicole.
 
Serena ignored her and kept walking. Footsteps ran up to her.
 
“Serena!” Nicole placed her hand on Serena's shoulder.
 
“Are you going to tell me?”
 
“I can't.”
 
Serena shrugged Nicole off and walked faster; but Nicole kept pace.
 
“I quit the team.”
 
Serena stopped.
 
“I'm not going to spy on you or try to take your bitbeast.”
 
Serena turned. “Really?”
 
Nicole nodded. “Really.”
 
Serena held out her arms. “Come here.”
 
The two embraced, then Nicole looked at Serena sternly. “Aren't you supposed to be resting?”
 
Serena groaned. “What is it with everyone? If I'm up, I'm up and okay!”
 
Nicole held up her hands. “Sorry. So what are you going to do?”
 
“I was thinking of pulling a prank on the BladeBreakers. They're all at Tyson's place for a sleepover.”
 
An evil look crossed Nicole's face. “What are we going to do?”
 
“I was thinking small stuff. Shaving cream on their faces and in their bags.”
 
“Where are we going to get shaving cream?” asked Nicole.
 
“Did you honestly think I wouldn't be prepared? It's all at my place. I just have to go grab it.”
 
“Are you sure they're at Tyson's?”
 
Serena nodded. “I asked Kenny and Kenny never lies; but just to be safe, I followed Max and hid in a tree for an hour.”
 
“I just had a great idea for another prank. What if we…”