Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 30

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 30
 
 
“That's the last of them,” whispered Nicole. She had just put the last of the shaving cream into Max's bag.
 
Serena sniggered. “I can't wait to see their faces. As soon as their shaving cream is off though.” She was taking pictures. “Come on. Mr. Granger is going to wake them up soon. Is the second phase ready?”
 
“Yep. It's on the roof waiting for us,” said Nicole.
 
Trying not to laugh at what was coming, the two girls climbed up to the roof via a tree.
 
“This is why God made trees,” said Serena.
 
“If this is why, then I like his thinking,” said Nicole.
 
They reached the roof just as Mr. Granger came out.
 
“I want to know is how Max found my prank supply. And honestly, two and a half hours just to get shaving cream! Why was everyone doing their shopping at four in the morning! It's unnatural!” fumed Serena.
 
“Sssh. It's almost time!”
 
Just then, they heard laughter from inside the dojo.
 
“Hahahahahaha! Yo peeps! You should see your faces!”
 
“What?”
 
“What do you mean sir?”
 
“Yeah Gramps.”
 
Silence.
 
“Here it comes,” giggled Nicole.
 
“SERENA!”
 
Four figures ran out of the dojo. Nicole and Serena each dumped a bucket of water on the boys. They were rewarded with cries.
 
“What the-”
 
“It's freezing!”
 
“If you had woken up earlier, it wouldn't have been cold!” Serena snapped a picture as the boys looked up.
 
“SERENA!”
 
“I'm going to get you for this!”
 
“Now would be a good time to run.”
 
Serena nodded. “I agree.”
 
The girls raced down the tree and toward the gate. They were almost reached their freedom, but Kai stepped in their way. The others circled around Nicole and Serena.
 
“I thought I got rid of all your prank stuff!” said Max.
 
“Hey, it took us two and a half hours to get shaving crème. Do you know how many people like to shop before seven in the morning?” demanded Serena.
 
“Doesn't matter. You put shaving crème on our faces, and then poured water on us!” said Tyson.
 
“Now we'll have to punish you,” said Ray.
 
Serena cowered back. Memories flashed before her eyes. Memories of the Demolition Team beating her up because of the pranks she pulled. Her friends looked at her.
 
“Are you okay Serena?” asked Kenny.
 
Nicole took the chance. “I think her side is hurting her. I should go take her home.”
 
Ray nodded. “All right.”
 
The circle dissolved and Nicole led Serena away.
 
“That was great Serena! Good thinking.”
 
Serena blinked. “Hunh?”
 
“Pretending to be hurt just to get away from them.”
 
Serena saddened. “Oh. That.”
 
“Hey, what's wrong?” asked Nicole.
 
Serena shook her head. “Nothing.”
 
At her home, Serena quietly opened the door. “Sshhh. My f-parent might still be sleeping.”
 
Just the, Mr. Tate walked in sight. He stopped when he saw Serena and Nicole standing in the doorway.
 
“Serena! You should be lying down! What are you doing up?”
 
“I'm fine sir. I wasn't doing anything that would hurt my side.”
 
“I know that. Mr. Granger just called and told me of the prank you just pulled. I can't believe you would do something like that Serena! So you know what, no blading until I say so.”
 
“What? That's not fair!” said Serena.
 
“Deal with it.” Mr. Tate walked away.
 
Serena was muttering darkly as she went to close the front door; but she had to wait for Yugi to come in first.
 
“Aren't you supposed to be resting?”
 
Serena groaned. “I've heard that too many times today!”
 
“Sorry. So what are you going to be doing today?” asked Yugi.
 
“Absolutely nothing. I'm grounded for a prank-” Nicole elbowed Serena.
 
“Aren't you going to introduce us?”
 
“Sorry. “Yugi, Nicole. Nicole, Yugi.”
 
“Nice to meet you.”
 
“Likewise.”
 
“Hey Yugi, you want to go see a blading practice?”
 
Yugi looked at Serena. “Isn't blading that thing you asked Grandpa about back in Domino?”
 
Serena nodded. “Yap; and I've been told by an American friend that my bitbeast looks like a Red Eyes Black Dragon in your `Duel Monsters' game.”
 
“Really? Cool! Let's go.” Yugi opened the front door.
 
A little while later, Serena, Nicole, and Yugi were at the park. The BladeBreakers looked up at their approach.
 
“Well well well. If it isn't the pranksters,” said Tyson.
 
“Come to pull another prank?” asked Kenny.
 
Nicole shook her head. “Nope. We came to watch.”
 
“What are you doing here Nicole? Aren't you trying to get-”
 
Serena interrupted Max. “She's not anymore. She quit the team.”
 
“Oh. Hey,” Tyson turned to Yugi. “Aren't you that kid who tried to pour water on Serena but would get wet instead?”
 
Yugi looked at Serena embarrassed. “You showed them that photo?”
 
Serena nodded.
 
“Hey Serena, are you going to practice?” asked Ray.
 
“Sorry. Can't. I'm grounded. Apparently, Mr. Granger is a blabbermouth. He called my house about the prank.”
 
“Dad grounded you from blading?” asked Max.
 
Serena nodded.
 
“Ouch. Harsh,” said Tyson.
 
During all of this, Kai was leaning against the tree.
 
“Hello Kai,” came a voice.
 
Everyone looked at the stairs leading to the road. There was a boy with brown hair wearing the PsyKick uniform.
 
“Who's he?” asked Kenny.
 
“I told you Kai that I would get a blade and come back to battle you. Today's that day.”
 
“What does he mean Kai?” asked Ray.
 
“The boy's name is Wyatt. He went to the same boarding school as Kai did. Everyone there knew that his idol was Kai. Wyatt wanted Kai to teach him to blade,” said Nicole.
 
Wyatt had walked down the stairs and approached Kai. “Well, are you going to battle?”
 
Four figures appeared above the stairs.
 
“Don't battle Kai,” came Ozuma's voice from one of the hoods.