Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 42

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 42
 
 
“Where have you been? While you were out with your other friends, Driger was taken!”
 
Serena stared at Tyson. “By who? The PsyKicks?”
 
“No. Your friend Nicole's group,” said Max.
 
“I told you, she doesn't hang with them anymore!”
 
“According to Ozuma, the sacred bitbeasts, our bitbeasts, were used for evil. The Saint Shields are supposed to seal them away so no one can use them for destruction again,” said Tyson.
 
“Do you see why we need your help? One bitbeast has been taken away and the others can be too! You're lucky Serena. No one's been trying to take your bitbeast. Do the PsyKicks even know about it?” asked Max.
 
“I was just confronted by one of the head honchos. They know; but my bitbeast is too strong. They even had the nerve to offer me a slot on their team!” Serena looked around. “Where's Ray.”
 
“He left after his match. We don't know where he is,” said Hilary.
 
“Let's continue practice. We have to get you stronger. That way you can keep your bitbeasts and we can try to get Ray's back. First off though, I have some sodas to replace the other ones. Careful, they were-” Serena's warning was a little too late as Tyson opened a can, resulting in him getting a face full of soda.
 
Once the sodas were gone, the cans were set in an obstacle course. Toward the end of practice, Ray came back.
 
“We'll get Driger back Ray. Don't worry,” said Tyson.
 
Ray nodded and practice continued until it was time for everyone to go home.
 
“We'll do this everyday now. Practice from school end to dark.” Serena looked at each of them. “You all have been doing better. You're starting to last longer in a battle against my bitbeast.”
 
“Why won't you say your bitbeast's name?” asked Ray.
 
“Not only is my bitbeast the strongest, but the PsyKicks don't know her name. If they don't know it, they can't call her out if they capture her,” answered Serena. “Besides, I can talk to her at any time, even during a match.”
 
“Hi Tyson!” Zeo stopped when he saw Serena.
 
“It's okay Zeo. You know what? Why don't you come to practice tomorrow?” Serena walked away with a wave as her friends stared after her.
 
“Wait! Serena!” called Hilary. Serena turned. “Why not have a sleepover tomorrow? That way we can practice later in the day and not have to worry about heading home.”
 
Serena gave a thumbs up and walked out of sight.
 
“But where will you two sleep? I doubt you two will be allowed to sleep in the dojo with us boys,” said Max.
 
“We'll think of something,” said Hilary.
 
“Am I invited?” asked Zeo. It appeared he was excited about the idea of sleeping at his idol's house.
 
“Well, it is my house, and Serena did say you could come to practice, so why not.”
 
“Thanks Tyson!” Zeo ran off the property and around the corner.
 
“You know Serena doesn't trust him,” said Max.
 
“Then why did she invite him to train with us?” asked Tyson.
 
“She probably decided that since the PsyKicks all ready know that she has the fifth sacred bitbeast, Zeo won't be able to give them information,” said Kenny.
 
“Zeo is NOT a spy!” said Tyson angrily.
 
“We know that; but what makes Serena think that?” asked Ray.
 
“She doesn't trust people easily,” said Hilary.
 
“Yet she trusted us,” said Tyson.
 
“I'm not sure about that Tyson. I have this feeling that she's keeping stuff from us. How long did it take her to trust you Kai?” asked Max.
 
Everyone looked around, but Kai wasn't there. No one noticed a figure in the shadows slip away down the street.
 
So that's how they really feel. Dr. K was right. Serena headed home with a heavy heart.
 
The next day, the school going BladeBreakers hustled to Tyson's. Ray was all ready there, but Kai was late coming, Zeo with him.
 
“Why are you late?” demanded Tyson.
 
Kai, his typical self, remained silent, so Zeo answered. “I was passing the park on my way over when I saw Kai battling someone there. I saw Dranzer; but I couldn't see another bitbeast, yet something kept slicing everything.”
 
“How can a bitbeast slice through things?” asked Hilary.
 
“If they harness the wind they can,” said Ray.
 
“That's right! Just like Bryan's bitbeast Falborg!” said Max.
 
“How did the battle end?” asked Tyson.
 
“The guy ran away before the battle finished.”
 
“Another PsyKick. It seems there are a lot of them,” said Serena.
 
“He told Kai he would be back.”
 
“Then I should battle him,” said Ray.
 
“No.”
 
They looked at Kai.
 
“But I've been up against Bryan who does the same thing!” protested Ray.
 
“Yet you had to go to the hospital afterwards, and that was with Driger-”
 
Serena silenced Kenny with a look. “We need to practice now. That's why we're here after all.”
 
Without a word, the BladeBreakers began training. Zeo watched as Max and Tyson battled. He sighed. “I wish I had a bitbeast.”
 
“A bitbeast is earned. It's not like a toy you can buy. Some people think that they choose their bitbeast, when in fact, the bitbeast chooses the blader,” said Serena.
 
“But if I had a bitbeast, I could be stronger.”
 
“Zeo, the blader themselves are not strong. It is the bitbeast who is strong. The bitbeast does most of the work,” said Serena.
 
“Why do you say that?” asked Kenny, looking up from his computer.
 
“The bladers themselves are not in the dish battling. Sure, there will be times when the blader themselves are attacked; but it is mostly the bitbeast and the blade.”
 
“Then how are you strong without a bitbeast Serena?” asked Zeo.
 
“By practicing; but if you get a bitbeast, the blade becomes significantly stronger. That doesn't happen because of you. It's because of the bitbeast.”
 
“C-can you h-help me Serena? Can you help me be as strong as Tyson?” Zeo still hadn't gotten over the fact that Serena was letting him come to practice.
 
“Well, I don't know if you'll get as strong as Tyson, but sure.”
 
{But I might destroy his blade.}
 
/That's why I brought my other blade. I hope you don't mind./
 
{Well…all right.}
 
/Thanks./ Serena took Kaliara out of her backpack.
 
Zeo saw the blade. “You don't have a bitbeast either? How are you able to train everyone?”
 
“That's not her normal blade,” said Max.
 
“But I want to train like all of you! Why should I be trained differently?”
 
“Once you can defeat someone without a bitbeast, then you can move on to those with a bitbeast,” said Serena.
 
Zeo didn't seem too happy about training differently than his idol, but at least he was training with him. Occasionally, Serena would stop to help the BladeBreakers while Zeo watched. Zeo was amazed that there was someone stronger than Tyson, as the world thought that Tyson was the strongest.
 
All day the group practiced until Mr. Granger called them for dinner. Afterwards, since it was too late to practice, the group went into the dojo, although Zeo had to head home. Hilary and Serena slept behind screens for privacy from prying eyes. Towards the middle of the night, the lanterns were lit.
 
“Kai's gone!”
 
Serena and Hilary quickly got dressed and then waited for the BladeBreakers to give the okay before walking out from behind the screens.
 
“He might have gone back to the park to fight the PsyKick,” said Kenny.
 
The group headed to the park where they found debris all over the place. In the middle of it all was Kai and the PsyKick, blades battling.
 
“Zeo was right! You can't see his bitbeast!” said Tyson.
 
The tree near the onlookers received a gash.
 
“How can Kai beat something he can't see?” asked Hilary.
 
“He can't,” said Ray.
 
“We have to stop the battle. Kai's hurt,” said Kenny.
 
“No. Kai has something planned. He doesn't give up easily,” said Serena.
 
Sure enough, Dranzer came out soon after. The PsyKick's blade stopped spinning and its owner ran away.
 
“He-he did it,” said Tyson in awe.
 
Kai calmly walked past the awestruck audience. Hilary was the first to recover.
 
“I advise we leave. I don't want to be here if the police come.”
 
They followed Hilary's advice and headed back to Tyson's where they saw Kai bandage a few cuts that the wind bitbeast gave him. Kai ignored them, like he did all of the time.
 
“I don't know about you all, but I'm going back to bed.” Tyson gave a yawn.
 
Everyone else decided to do the same and soon the dojo was filled with snoring again.