Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 56

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 56
 
 
“Oh no! I thought we were rid of him!”
 
Serena looked at Tristan out of the corner of her eye. “Who?”
 
“The spirit of the Ring!”
 
Just a few moments before, Yugi revealed that his opponent was not Bakura.
 
“So…like the Puzzle, that Ring has a spirit in it?”
 
“An evil one.”
 
“Oh.”
 
//Told you something was up with Bakura.//
 
/Shut up./
 
This new Bakura liked to fight low. When Yugi went to attack with Slifer the Sky Dragon, Bakura “switched” to the “weak” Bakura. This caused Yugi to pause; but at the last second, the “evil” Bakura took over, allowing Yugi to win the duel. Bakura fell to the ground unconscious. The onboard medics came and carried him to the medical facility on the blimp. Everyone who was considered his friend followed. Joey smacked Tristan on the head along the way.
 
“I thought you had gotten rid of that Ring back at Duelist Kingdom.”
 
Tristan rubbed his head. “I threw that thing off the top of the castle. I don't know how Bakura got it back.”
 
Teá, the friendship cheerleader, was unusually quiet. Bakura didn't regain consciousness the whole time the troupe was in the medical facility. Yugi was upset as they left. The Millennium Ring had disappeared.
 
“It'll turn up again. It always does,” was Tristan's remark.
 
It was now back to the lottery room. Once again, the eighth finalist was not there. Joey had his fingers crossed and muttering under his breath. Mai shook her head.
 
“That's not going to help Wheeler.”
 
“The next duel is between Joseph Wheeler-”
 
Joey stuck his tongue out at Mai.
 
“-And Marik Ishtar.”
 
Celebration stopped. Joey cracked his knuckles. “Good.”
 
“Be careful Joey.”
 
“No sweat Yug'. I can handle him.”
 
Serenity hung onto Joey's arm all during the short break, then had to let go as he traveled the duelist's path to the arena. Again the rules were explained. Then the duel started.
 
“Joey seems confident that he will win,” remarked Yamura.
 
“Maybe this will be where Marik is stopped.”
 
“Don't count your eggs before they hatch Devlin. The duel just started,” said Serena.
 
Marik had interesting cards. They were annihilating Joey, who was just barely hanging on. He managed to summon powerful, rare monsters he had gotten during the tournament; but all that was insignificant when Marik summoned the Winged Dragon of Ra. Joey's monsters disappeared and Marik gave the order for a direct attack. There was Joey, no monsters on the field. There was Marik, an Egyptian God on his side. The thing was, Ra wouldn't attack. Instead, lightning shot down all over the field.
 
“Um…I think THAT god is MAD!” said Tristan.
 
“Did you figure that all on your own Sherlock?”
 
Tristan started fighting with Duke. Serena was watching the field when Kai nudged her. Looking where he did, she saw Yamura's white knuckled grip on her staff, which was glowing. She was muttering something under her breath.
 
“Watch out Joey!” shouted Serenity. A lighting bolt struck close to Joey.
 
Now Yamura was shouting in an unintelligible language. Lighting struck Marik, who fell to the ground in a heap. Serena looked past Yamura now and saw Namu holding his head. Before she could think anything of it, Serena was distracted by Joey falling to the ground.
 
“Joey!”
 
“Big Brother!”
 
A curse from Yamura, who was now comforting Serenity. Tristan jumped and grabbed a hold of the field. He tried to pull himself up.
 
“Stop! One more move and your friend is disqualified!”
 
“What?!”
 
“That's stupid!”
 
“They're hurt! They need medical assistance!”
 
The referee looked back at Kaiba, unsure of what to do.
 
“Wait five minutes. They're both at 500 Life Points. The first to stand up wins. If neither of them stand up, they're both disqualified.”
 
“Kaiba!”
 
“You jerk!”
 
“You son of a-” Kai put his hand over Serena's mouth as the others had to hold back Tristan, Duke, and Yamura. The countdown started.
 
“Get up Joey!”
 
“Wheeler! If you don't win this I'm going to haul your sorry little-”
 
Tension as Marik struggled to stand.
 
“Oh God.”
 
“Damn.”
 
“Fall back down,” muttered Serena.
 
Which is just what Marik did.
 
“Two minutes.”
 
It was probably the longest two minutes. All eyes were on Joey, who had yet to get up. Cheers erupted when Joey finally got to his feet.
 
“Give us a heart attack why don't you Wheeler!”
 
Joey gulped visibly under the glares from Serena and Yamura.
 
“This duel goes to Joseph Wheeler!”
 
Yugi hopped onto the field and he and Joey walked over to where Marik was now stirring.
 
“Look!” Joey pointed to something by Marik. “His Rod broke.”
 
“That's not Marik,” said Yugi.
 
“Not Marik?”
 
“Then who's Marik?”
 
“More importantly, who's the guy Wheeler dueled?” pointed out Serena.
 
As it turned out, Joey's opponent was Odion, servant to Marik. The true Marik was Namu. Odion fell unconscious and something changed in Marik.
 
“Evil. Pure evil,” muttered Kai.
 
Everyone shrank away from Marik as he walked past them. He laughed.
 
“Don't worry. You all will be in the Shadow Realm by the time this tournament is over.” He pointed his Rod at Odion. “He'll be the first to go. Keeping me locked away was not a smart thing to do.” Marik disappeared into the blimp.
 
“No wonder Namu was able to escape. HE was Marik.” Joey was fuming.
 
Teá couldn't believe it either. “I thought he was our friend.”
 
“Looks like he's not.” Mai went into the blimp.
 
The others went to follow, but Serena held Yamura back.
 
“What went on back there Yamura?”
 
“What do you mean?” Yamura wouldn't look at Serena.
 
“You were shouting in another language right before the lightning hit Odion. What was going-”
 
Yamura's eyes darkened as she glared at Serena. “Are you implying that I caused the lighting to hit him?”
 
“What am I supposed to believe? I saw your staff glowing and I heard words coming out of your mouth. Can you control lighting?”
 
Yamura sighed and nodded. “Yes I can. I was trying to stop the lightning, not make it hit anyone. I guess I can't control the anger of the gods.”
 
“So that storm earlier, that was you?”
 
“I can't control my anger. You know that.”
 
Serena laughed. “Yes I do. Come on. They should be announcing the next match soon.”
 
The girls passed by the bulk of their friends who were heading to the lottery room. Yamura went with them. Serena saw Teá and Joey arguing up ahead. Getting closer, Serena caught the gist of the fight. Joey made Mai feel like she had no friends, and he wouldn't go apologize to her. Serena edged past them and headed to the medical center.
 
“You and I are alike bud. Both loners. No friends.”
 
“You're not alone Mai.”
 
Mai turned to look at Serena. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Comforting my friend. Ignore Wheeler. He's a liar and a jerk.”
 
“Why would you care?” Mai started to walk past Serena, who grabbed her arm.
 
“I've lived four years with jerks, never having a friend. I know what it is like being alone. It's not fun. Life doesn't seem meaningful. It wasn't until someone was kind to me and willing to be my friend that I began to have a better outlook on life.” Serena let go of Mai's arm. “Time to pass on my experience.” Serena held out her hand. “What do you say? Friends?”
 
“I don't need your pity.” Mai walked out of the medical center.
 
Serena sighed. No use talking to someone who won't listen. Serena headed to the lottery room.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena turned around and saw Serenity. “What's up?”
 
“Mai's getting ready to duel Marik!”
 
A Russian word came out of Serena's mouth. “Let's go.”
 
Running down the halls, the two girls managed to make it to the arena before the duel started. Which was good, as before Mai made her move, Marik used his rod to invoke “Shadow Powers.” Purple, blue, and black haze surrounded everyone.
 
“What's going on?” asked Duke.
 
“The Shadow Realm,” said Yugi through clenched teeth. He seemed taller and his voice was deeper.
 
//Your friend Yugi is different.//
 
/I think that's the spirit of the Puzzle. Yugi had mentioned when he had visited me in Tokyo that he had another self./
 
Mai made her move. Before Marik went, a card appeared on the sideline.
 
“Let's make this a little interesting shall we? You inflict damage to my life points, I lose a memory of a loved one. I inflict damage to your life points, you lose a memory of a loved one. The card will show who is to go.”
 
Mai shrugged. “Fine by me.”
 
First memory of Mai's to go was Teá. Then others until there was no one that Mai remembered. Mai couldn't see them nor hear them. Yugi went into a trance, but that didn't last long.
 
The match would not end well. With three cards, Mai was shackled to a tablet. Mai was forced to keep forfeiting her turn, as she could not reach her cards. Mai earlier in the duel had taken Marik's Ra, but not knowing the incantation could not control the Egyptian God. Ra was back in the control of Marik. The duel would not end well.
 
In desperation, Joey hopped onto the field and tried to free Mai. Mai was instantly disqualified, but Marik wasn't going to let the duel end. Through Joey's persistence in freeing Mai, Mai regained her memory.
 
“Get out of here Wheeler!”
 
“No! I need to tell you something. I was a jerk and I lied.”
 
“Told you!”
 
Both Joey and Mai ignored Serena. “You were in my dream, you are a friend of mine. I don't let anything happen to my friends.”
 
Then, things happened fast. While Joey was still trying to free Mai, Marik ordered Ra to attack. Just before the attack reached Joey and Mai, Yugi ran in the way. The duel was now over, and Yugi was unconscious.
 
“Yugi!”
 
“Oh no!”
 
Marik was walking towards Joey and Mai, ignoring Yugi on the ground because “the Puzzle has to be given for another to use the pharaoh's power.” Serena wasn't going to let any more of her friends get hurt. She placed a force field between Marik and her friends, all of them. She climbed onto the field and stood between Marik and her friends on the field.
 
Marik tilted his head a little to the side. “Interesting.”
 
“Serena!”
 
“Get away!”
 
“Why? Why are you all doing this for me?”
 
Serena turned around and looked at Mai, drawing shouts of warning from her friends, who couldn't see the force field like she, and apparently Marik, could. “Remember what I told you earlier? About how all it took to make life meaningful was someone to care about you? We all care about you Mai. Like Wheeler said, we don't let anything happen to our friends.”
 
Gasps from her friends. Serena turned around to see Marik raise his rod. He tapped it on the force field.
 
“Interesting. You've got great power girl. To be able to stretch a force field between me and everyone else here. Takes a lot of strength; but how long can you last?”
 
I don't know. Never tried this before.
 
It was now a waiting game. Marik was waiting to get to Mai. Serena wasn't going to let him. Marik was right though. It took a lot of strength to keep up the force fields. Sweat was soon running down Serena's face. Marik kept tapping the force field with the Rod.
 
“Get out of here everyone!”
 
“Serena! We're not leaving you!”
 
Serena whirled and glared at her friends. She was out of patience. “Get out of here!”
 
CRASH! Serena's force field, visible now to everyone, broke like glass. Russian words came out of Serena's mouth as Marik smiled and laughed.
 
“Bravo. You lasted longer then I expected for an amateur.” He stepped forward. “You will make a great addition to my team. No…you'll make a great QUEEN for when I am Pharaoh.”
 
“When Hell freezes over.”
 
“Well guess what…Serena was it? I just got the weather report for Hell.” He raised the Rod. “They're going into an Ice Age.” The Rod glowed.
 
Serena felt Marik's presence creep into her mind.
 
Must block telepathic links.
 
{I'm on it.}
 
/Thank…You…/
 
~Serena's POV~
 
“Hello my dear. My, what a lovely place you have here.”
 
The inside of my mind was laid out like a house. I looked down at my astral self. I was wearing a French maid outfit. I knew I was still in my body, but all I could see was the inside of my mind, my `house'. Marik was sitting on a couch. He wore a purple silk robe, the top open to show some chest. I examined the rest of my `house'. Opposite of Marik was what looked like two big screen televisions, but was actually my eyes. There were stairs behind Marik and I could see two red eyes looking at me. I looked back at Marik, who motioned me toward him. I had no choice; I had to go to him. After all, he wasin control. I got nearer to him and he pulled me onto his lap.
 
“Let's see what's going on in the outside world, shall we?”
 
I could see myself standing very close to Marik. I stiffened as the astral Marik kissed my astral neck and placed his hand on the inside of my thigh. The real Marik had an equally vulgar hold on my real body. I saw my friends and the horror on their faces. I saw Kai and I could tell that he was trying to hide his fury.
 
“Now, let's finish this.” Marik's voice echoed inside my mind and came out of his mouth in the real world. Not letting go of me, the real Marik walked toward Mai. Joey stepped in the way.
 
“Take care of him my dear.”
 
“Yes Master Marik.” My voice in the real world sounded flat. A hand was raised and a force field was now between Joey and us.
 
Marik raised his Rod and Joey was frozen. Marik towed me toward Mai. I started crying and the tears that streaked down my astral face streaked down my face in the real world. Marik held the Millennium Rod close to Mai's face; but Mai wasn't looking at it. She was looking at me.
 
“I forgive you…friend.”
 
The Rod glowed and Mai slumped to the ground. Sobs racked my astral self. Marik pulled me closer and turned my face.
 
“What? Do you still care about them? My dear, you will not need them soon. They will be ants compared to what you and I will be.”
 
“Monster!” I spat in his face.
 
Now, spitting in a psycho's face is not the smartest thing to do. Marik slapped my face, sending me onto the floor. I wiped my mouth free of blood and looked up. Marik stood over me, Rod very close to my face.
 
“You need to realize who your master is.”
 
A flash of light and I was wearing nothing, lying on a bed where the couch should have been. I tried to move, but the same shackles that had held Mai to the tablet now held me. I stared at the `televisions.' Nothing seemed to change. Mai was still slumped on the ground. Joey was unfrozen; but Marik had used my powers to create a force field.
 
Speaking of the devil, Marik appeared on the bed next to me. “You know, I never liked pets. Who knew you could have one in your mind.”
 
I looked to where he pointed. Dragonia was in a cage, hissing, clawing, spitting.
 
“She attacked me. How rude.”
 
“I can't imagine why you damn son of a-” My insult was cut off as Marik kissed me. He climbed on top of me. My eyes widened. I was helpless in my own mind. Marik started kissing me all over, starting with my head and moving down. Marik paused to take off his robe. I now had a naked guy on top of me, and I was chained to the bed. Not good. I started to shake. Marik smiled.
 
“Now you know who the master is don't you? Good.” Marik kissed me again, then laid next to me on the bed. “You see, even though this is your mind, you are powerless to do anything.”
 
I knew that; but I also knew that if Marik didn't have me collapse the force fields, I was going to collapse. In the outside world, I saw Joey pound on the force field, which shuddered. Marik must have noticed this, because our real bodies headed to the stairs that led to the inside of the blimp.
 
The astral Marik whispered in my ear. “Focus your force field around me.”
 
I complied; but in doing so, I widened the force field so that my real body was not as close to Marik. The astral Marik shook his head.
 
“Now why do that?”
 
“With the force field only around you, I cannot be as close.”
 
“Well then, isn't it great that the two of us are here together?”
 
Outside, my friends formed a wall between the stairs and us.
 
“My dear.”
 
I was shaking with rage and crying. A force field once again appeared, but I had to collapse the one around Marik.
 
“Yes my dear. Conserve your energy.”
 
Our bodies tried to walk through the force field, but were unable to. I smiled.
 
“What did you do?”
 
“No one under your control is allowed through.”
 
Marik sighed. “Looks like it is time for another lesson.”
 
I screamed as Marik climbed on top of me again. This time, it wasn't just kisses. He entered me and I screamed again.
 
“Get off her!” Marik was pulled off of me.
 
“Who do you thing you are?”
 
“Her boyfriend.” Kai punched Marik in the stomach.
 
“Oooo, this is going to be fun.” Marik punched Kai in the chin, sending Kai reeling into Dragonia's cage. I could only watch in horror as Marik advanced on Kai. Marik pulled Kai off the cage, not realizing that it was unlocked. While Kai and Marik were fighting, Dragonia slunk over to me. Four bites, and the shackles were off. Dragonia launched herself at Marik as he raised the Millennium Rod. I gathered the bed sheets around me as Kai ran over to me with a split lip and an eye that was starting to swell. He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the stairs.
 
“How'd you get here?”
 
“Telepathic link.”
 
“Where are we heading?”
 
“You can take refuge…in my mind.”
 
“She's not going anywhere!” A collar appeared around my neck and a leash pulled me back to Marik.
 
Kai came after me.
 
“No! Get out Kai!”
 
“Yes. Listen to her. Get out!” A glass wall popped up out of nowhere. Kai started pounding on it.
 
Too much to handle. The force field outside was starting to disappear.
 
“Get…out…Kai.”
 
“No!”
 
“Yamura…lightning…GO!”
 
Kai gave a strangled sob and ran back up the stairs. Dragonia was still fighting Marik. In the outside world, my friends were waiting patiently for the force field to drop. I saw Kai straighten up, then whisper something in Yamura's ear. Yamura gave a grim nod and said something. The sky darkened and one lone lightning bolt fell, right onto me. Marik gave a shout of outrage as he disappeared from my mind. My mind darkened and my real body slumped to the ground.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: Yes, it is another author's note. I usually do not like doing these at the end of chapters, but I must admit this. I like reading romance novels; but I cannot write them. I know the last part of this chapter sucked as it was my first attempt at something along those lines. It doesn't help that I get everything censored at home, so I must be very careful with what I write. Don't bash the last part. I know it sucked; but I can't really do anything about it.