Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 58

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 58
 
 
The wake up call the next morning was turbulence and falls to the floor.
 
“Ow.” Serena rubbed the back of her head where it had connected with the floor.
 
“I don't think sleeping on the bed was any better than the floor would have been.”
 
“True.”
 
Serena and Kai got off the floor. Dragonia flew about their heads.
 
“I'm gonna kill Kaiba!” Joey stomped down the hall.
 
“Big Brother! Wait!”
 
Serena laughed. “Shall we go see Wheeler beat the tar out of Kaiba?”
 
“I don't know. I think Kaiba can take him out.”
 
“True. Then let's go see Kaiba beat up Wheeler!” Serena palmed the door open.
 
Yugi and Yamura were just passing when they spotted her.
 
“Serena!”
 
“You're awake!”
 
Serena fell back under the weight of her friends. “Kai…help!”
 
Kai just stood by and laughed. Joey poked his head into the room.
 
“What's taking you all so-Hey! Serena!” Joey turned back to the hall. “Serena's awake!”
 
More friends dog piled on Serena. The group slid as the blimp hit more turbulence.
 
Joey jumped up. “I'm gonna kill Kaiba!”
 
“No Joey. I think he can beat you up. Besides, you all ready said you'd kill him.”
 
Joey stared bug-eyed at Serena. “You-you didn't call me by my last name.”
 
“Do friends call each other by last name? No. Now, let's go see why Kaiba insists on waking us up.”
 
Everyone filed into the hall. Serena and Kai were the last ones out. Serena lightly punched Kai in the shoulder. “Thanks for helping me out back there.”
 
Kai wrapped his arms around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. “You seemed to be having fun.”
 
The troupe traveled to the control room. The sun was rising and the windows showed an island.
 
“What's the deal Kaiba?” asked Joey.
 
“Some of us sleep past five in the morning,” remarked Tristan.
 
“That is where the finals are going to be. Kaiba Corp Island.”
 
“If that's where the finals are, why are we not heading there?” asked Serena.
 
The blimp was heading to the left of the island. Kaiba turned to the helmsman. “Set us back on course!”
 
“I've been trying sir! Something's pulling us away!”
 
Laughter filled the cabin as the screen showed a boy about Mokuba's age with bluish green hair and brown eyes. “Try all you like Seto; but the blimp is not going to go there. My tractor beam is bringing you right to me.”
 
“Who are you?” demanded Kaiba.
 
The boy just laughed and the screen returned to its outside view. Kaiba shoved the helmsman aside, who ran out of the room.
 
“What is that?” asked Yugi.
 
An enormous ship broke the surface of the water.
 
“We aren't going to be landing on that, are we?” asked Joey.
 
His answer came a few moments later as the blimp shuddered on landing.
 
“I am going to go see why that punk is holding MY blimp hostage!” Kaiba made to go out of the control room. Immediately, the blimp was under fire from outside. The boy once again appeared on the screen.
 
“Now now Seto. Bring your friends along. I would love to meet them.” The screen turned black.
 
Kaiba wasn't too happy about the situation, nor that the kid called the others his friends, but he beckoned the others to come. Everyone in the control room headed down the halls and outside the blimp. Hallways lighted, showing the way to their captor. The group entered a large room; but instead of the boy, five older men stood at the center.
 
“What do you losers want?” asked Kaiba.
 
“You had no right to fire us Seto.”
 
“No right? Hah. Locking people in a virtual reality simulator and trying to take over Kaiba Corp. gave me every right to fire you.”
 
“Well, that is going to change. Master Noah promised us…well, you shall see,” said one of the men.
 
“See what?” demanded Tristan.
 
As a reply, the floor opened up beneath Serenity and Serena, who had been standing next to each other. They started falling into darkness. Looking up, Serena saw Kai's face and the fear in it just before Tristan and Duke knocked him in trying to rescue Serenity. Serena looked down again. A brilliant white light swallowed Serenity up. It soon engulfed Serena. Where it led, she did not know.