Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 59

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 59
 
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena lifted her head. She heard footsteps, but didn't see anyone. Serena had her back to a tree in the woods. She didn't want to travel. She wouldn't be able to see anything. She had become separated from her friends; and while trying to reunite with them, came across their captor.
 
“Kai?”
 
Silence.
 
“Serenity?”
 
Silence.
 
“Tristan? Duke?”
 
More silence.
 
Serena walked through the woods. The light had dropped Serena off in what she hoped was the middle of the forest. It seemed like she had been walking through the woods for forever though.
 
“Anyone there?”
 
“I'm here.”
 
Serena spun around to see the boy from the screen. “Where are my friends?”
 
“Oh, they're around. I just wanted to talk to you.”
 
“Why? What do you want with my friends and me?”
 
“More worried about your friends then yourself. That can be a fault, but one that serves my purpose.”
 
Serena took a step back. “What purpose?”
 
“Well, I want to get my revenge on Seto. The Big 5 want bodies. Your friends fit the bill. You on the other hand, with your powers, I wouldn't trust them with. Think of this as a gift.” The boy snapped his fingers.
 
An iron collar appeared on Serena's neck. Serena tried to take it off. She couldn't even put a finger behind it. “What's this for?”
 
“Like I said, that `friends before me' thing you have going, it's really bad. Something happens to your friends, it comes back to you.”
 
“What? You can't do that you no good-”
 
“Ah, but I can. See, I am in control here. Oh, and your powers won't work with that collar on.”
 
Serena ground her teeth as a reply.
 
“Now now. Look at it this way. Your body won't get taken by the Big 5 because of this.”
 
Serena took a step forward and would have continued just to hit him had not the collar light up. Pain shot through Serena and world started to fade out.
 
“That would be your friends nearby. Apparently,they've had a run in with a Mad Sword Beast. Another friend is almost a human popsicle. Enjoy!”
 
Before the world became dark, Serena saw the boy turn and disappear into the trees.
 
Why do all the psychos flock to me?
 
“Serena!”
 
“Over here!” Serena struggled to get up.
 
“Serena!” The call was farther away now.
 
“I'm over here!” Serena walked slowly in the direction of where the voice came from, her hands out front. Tree branches cut her hands and face as she made her way. “Kai? Anyone?”
 
“Serena!” Closer now.
 
Serena felt sunlight on her skin. She hoped she was out of the woods. With nothing to touch, Serena stumbled and fell down a hill. She stopped with a splash in what she hoped was water. The liquid closed on her head.
 
A pond or a lake. Must be. Or maybe a river. Hopefully there are no predators.
 
Serena couldn't tell which way was up. She did feel a ripple, as if something else came into the water. Something grabbed the back of her shirt and helped Serena to the surface.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena was helped onto land, coughing up water.
 
“Geez Serena. Didn't you see the lake in front of-Oh Hell.” Tristan stopped as Serena lifted her head.
 
“What?”
 
“You can't see can you?” asked Duke.
 
“Oh. That. Is it noticeable?”
 
“Besides the fact that your eyes are white, no,” said Tristan.
 
Arms encircled Serena. A phoenix appeared in her mind.
 
“I'm all right Kai.”
 
“How did you know it was me?”
 
“As soon as you touched me, I saw Dranzer.”
 
Kai took his arms away and Dranzer disappeared.
 
“Now he's gone.”
 
Someone else touched Serena. A bird appeared in her mind.
 
“What am I?” asked Serenity.
 
Two more hands joined Serenity's. Two gorillas appeared next to the bird. One had a die hanging from his ear. Serena smiled.
 
“Apparently, I can see animals that represent each person.”
 
The hands went away and the animals disappeared.
 
“Look! A door!”
 
“Serenity! Don't open it!” said Duke.
 
“What if we are supposed to go through?”
 
“It may not be safe!” said Tristan.
 
Serena was lifted off the ground. The phoenix appeared in her mind again. Kai placed his hands under her knees. Serena realized that she was on Kai's back. She slowly brought her arms forward to encircle Kai's neck.
 
“Serenity!”
 
“Gah! I can't believe she went through the door!”
 
“Ready Serena?” asked Kai quietly.
 
“As if I had a choice,” muttered Serena.
 
“Then here we go.”
 
Serena felt Kai walk. She couldn't tell when they went through the door; but she could tell when they arrived at where the door took them. There were gasps from her friends.
 
“Should I ask,” murmured Serena.
 
“You know when you first enter my house?”
 
“Yeah. All you can see is that giant staircase.”
 
“It's like that.”
 
“Oh.”
 
A voice boomed out. Serena couldn't make out what it said. Serena was lowered to the floor. The phoenix disappeared.
 
“Kai?”
 
“I'm right here.” Serena felt movement next to her. Serena was pulled onto Kai's lap.
 
“I'll duel for Serenity,” came Tristan's voice.
 
“No. The girl duels alone,” came the same booming voice.
 
“What's going on?” asked Serena.
 
“One of the Big 5 wants to duel Serenity.”
 
“Hopefully that bastard that brought us here-”
 
“Noah?”
 
“Yeah, him.” Serena once again tried to put a finger between her neck and the collar. “He better be right about this stupid collar.”
 
“What collar?” Kai shifted beneath her. “Where did you get that?”
 
“The bastard said that this collar would stop the Big 5 from dueling me.”
 
“There's something etched in the iron.” A pause. “It's the `no evil' monkeys.”
 
“Wonderful,” muttered Serena.
 
“Either the girl duels alone or all five of you.”
 
“No! We have one who's blind and another who is taking care of her!”
 
“Who knew Tristan could be so sweet,” said Serena.
 
“Then the three of you or the girl alone.”
 
“Fine.”
 
Words passed through Serena's ears, but she didn't pay attention.
 
“I hate being blind.”
 
“At least you aren't at risk.”
 
“I want to help.”
 
“Tristan! If your Deck Master is destroyed, you lose!”
 
“I know Dice Boy.”
 
“Tristan! No!”
 
The collar felt hot against Serena's skin. She hissed and clawed at the collar.
 
“Serena! Are you all right? Serena!”
 
“It burns!”
 
There was nothing to be done about the pain. Kai wrapped his arms around Serena, trapping her arms under his so she would not tear her skin. Eventually, the pain subsided. Kai relaxed his arms.
 
“I wonder what `monkey' it was,” said Serena.
 
No answer.
 
“Kai? Do you know?” Of course he would know. He can see.
 
Still no answer. Serena shifted and placed a hand where she believed Kai's mouth was.
 
“Kai?”
 
Serena felt the lips move. Problem was, she couldn't hear the answer.