Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 67

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
Chapter 67
 
“This is where Boris is?” Serena stared at the building in front of her, and then at the paper in her hand. Jin had written the address to Boris's latest place down for her. Needless to say, Boris had moved up from a renovated abbey to a multistory professional building, like the one with Mr. Dickenson's office.
 
Serena shoved the paper into her pocket and walked through the sliding doors. The secretary looked up as Serena walked up to the counter.
 
“Hello. May I help you?”
 
“Yes. I'd like to see Mr. Balcov please.”
 
“Do you have an appointment?”
 
“I didn't realize I needed one.”
 
“Yes. If you would like, we can make an appointment now. What is your purpose for seeing Mr. Balcov?”
 
Before Serena could answer, the secretary's phone rang. “Sir…yes sir…right away sir.” The secretary turned to Serena. “He will see you now.”
 
Serena's face remained blank. Time to continue old habits.
 
The secretary pointed to the elevator. “Take that to the top floor. It'll take you right to his office.”
 
Serena nodded her thanks. She took the elevator to the fifth floor where a boy her age was waiting outside double oak doors. His bluish grey hair was pulled back. His muscles showed through his green sleeveless top. His black pants and black boots were spotless. He held out an orange and black gloved hand.
 
“Garland Siebald.” His grey eyes were cold.
 
Serena shook his hand. “Serena Tate.” Surely Boris would have realized that Serena had found out the truth.
 
“Right this way Miss Tate.”
 
Serena moved the duffel bag further up her shoulder. She had traded the backpack for it. If Serena knew Boris, he would allow her to stay…after some tests of course. Garland led Serena through the double doors. The room was richly furnished and had much of the latest technology. The back of a tall leather chair was facing the door. Garland went and stood to the right of the desk. Serena set her duffel bag down and stood at attention as the chair turned around.
 
The purple haired, purple eyed leader of Biovolt looked Serena up and down. “It is good to see you again Serena. You have grown up in the past three years.” Boris steepled his fingers. “Three years since you ran away. It seems like you are doing fine though.”
 
Garland picked up a remote and pressed a button. The television on the wall came to life. Clips of the BladeBreakers, Serena in many of them, flashed across it.
 
Serena blinked. Figures that Boris would keep an eye on his enemies.
 
Boris waved his hand and Garland turned off the television. “Yes. You seemed to have been doing fine there. My question is, why leave it?”
 
Serena had rehearsed her answer for that question; but standing in front of Boris again was intimidating. “I-it was not where I belonged sir. I was raised a Biovoltarian and a Biovoltarian I must stay.”
 
“Why did you run away?”
 
“I was…scared…of the plans you had for me sir. While traveling, I thought long and hard and looked deep inside myself. I am here to pledge my loyalty again.”
 
“Loyalty? That is very hard to find. I am sure you would not mind if I give you a trial period.”
 
Serena bowed. “Not at all sir. It is as you wish.”
 
“Garland shall show you around and how things are run here.” The back of the leather chair faced Serena again as Garland walked past her and opened the door.
 
The tour was long and the explanation longer, but Serena tuned most of it out. The rules were similar to Biovolt's; and if it was even possible, the training was more ruthless. Bladers were forced to stay in battles, even if it meant losing their blades.
 
Serena made sure to be on her best behavior while she was there. She didn't want to give Boris reason to kick her out. Everyday Boris summoned her to his office for questioning. Serena was forced to reveal that Dragonia was real and she had to leave Dragonia that way unless to blade. The same boys from Biovolt who had made fun of `The Girl' now treated her with respect as she always demolished their blades. Not willingly of course; but in order to stay, Serena had to be ruthless. The food distribution was by ranking. The higher up you were the more food you got. After two weeks and many bandages and ripped clothes later, Serena was in second place. Garland was first.
 
On her 15th day of the trial period, Serena had to face Garland. Serena wasn't looking forward to it. She had seen many of Garland's matches. His opponent always passed out as they were also physically attacked. Every blader trooped into the blading room. Boris was on the upper balcony.
 
As soon as the blades were launched, the two bitbeasts came out. Garland's Appolon, a gryffon, was massive. The match was one dealing of pain after another for Serena. Not only was she getting hurt each time Dragonia did, but she herself was being attacked. After many grueling and agonizing minutes later, Garland's blade stopped spinning. Dragonia returned to her kitten sized self and flew around Serena, who was bleeding in many places and was swaying.
 
Damn damn damn. How could he have been so strong?
 
Clapping from the balcony. Serena looked up at Boris. “Very good Serena. You have come a long way since Biovolt. You have proven yourself a powerful blader. Just what I need. However, your stamina is very lacking.”
 
As if to prove his point, Serena's legs gave way and Serena was kneeling on the floor, eyes unfocusing.
 
“Your trial period is over. You have shown you are loyal to my cause. It is now time for the procedure.”
 
Serena suppressed a smile. Finally! She then passed out.