Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 68

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
Chapter 68
 
 
“Serena.”
 
Serena opened her eyes and then closed them as liquid hit them. He did the bloody procedure while I was unconscious! I can't wait for that bastard to get what he deserves.
 
“Open your eyes Serena,” commanded said bastard.
 
Serena complied. The green liquid stung her eyes, like pool water. On the other side of the glass stood Boris and Garland. Up on top of the cylinder was Dragonia.
 
/Did you get everything?/
 
{I stopped taping everything but Boris's visits and the scientist talk four months ago.}
 
/Four…months? How long have I been in here?/
 
{Six months. Enough time for Tyson to win another tournament.}
 
/Just great./
 
The water level dropped gradually and only when Serena was standing on the floor of the container did it open. Scientists came and got rid of all the electrodes and wires and other scientific whatnots attached to Serena. Serena noticed uneasily that she was only wearing bike shorts and a sports bra.
 
I don't even want to know who did that.
 
Under guard, Serena was taken to her room to change, and then back to the lab, where she saw a couple of tests had been laid out for her. All Serena understood from them was that she could bend metal, make an impact on concrete (which hurt like hell), she could lift a lot of weight, and that she was a freak. The final test, the stamina test, was to be another match against Garland, seeing as how she had fainted after the last one.
 
Once again everyone in the building went into the blading room. A group of teenagers stood with Boris. Serena paid them no mind, focusing her attention instead on Garland. There were many gasps as Dragonia turned into her blade form.
 
Serena smirked. Newbies. Obviously more bladders had joined Boris's ranks.
 
This time, the match ended quicker. Serena won AND managed to stay conscious. Dragonia hovered around Serena as they traveled to Boris's office.
 
{You okay?}
 
/Never better actually. Maybe that `procedure' was a good thing./
 
“Well done Serena. You have passed all tests. The prophecy made by my ancestors has been fulfilled.”
 
Serena couldn't stop herself. “Your ancestor was the seer of old…sir?” she added quickly.
 
“Yes, and now I have the strongest blader and bitbeast in the entire blading world, which is now mine.” Boris laughed.
 
{Oh yeah, I should mention, Boris bought out the BBA. This building is now BEGA headquarters.}
 
/Thanks for telling me that now!/
 
“Your friends came by and visited us. I am sure they were impressed; but that Tyson can be a big problem for us. He does not seem to trust me, even after I told him I had changed.”
 
Can't blame him scumbag.
 
“Soon I shall be announcing the grand opening of the BEGA League. I already have constructed the best team possible and with you it is complete. Now go.”
 
Serena bowed and left the room. A bell rang throughout the building signaling lunch time. The noise level fell to a whisper as Serena entered the cafeteria. Many of the whispers were admiring Serena and/or Dragonia. Others were talking about the newest additions to the BEGA team.
 
Several people offered Serena their spot in the line. Serena ignored them each time and moved to the back. She studied the ranking chart hanging on the wall opposite the line. She only paid attention to the top five. They would make up the BEGA team. A thing about the ranking chart, it only showed the face of the blader, not names. Garland was still second; but Serena was tied for first with another, a blue-eyed orange haired boy.
 
“If you are done looking at the chart, do you mind moving along?”
 
Serena blinked and looked about. The line had moved without Serena realizing it. “Sorry.” She tapped Dragonia on the head to stop the dragon from growling and baring her fangs at the person. Serena grabbed a plate and a tray and moved up to where the line was. She studied the person who had spoken so rudely to her out of the corner of her eye. He had tan skin and bleach blonde hair. A shudder passed through Serena as a picture of Marik popped into her head. This kid wore a toga like top over blue pants. His face was covered by a gold mask with six red “eyes”. Looking briefly at the ranking chart, Serena saw that this guy was ranked third, meaning he was a teammate of hers.
 
/I meant to ask you earlier. Did you give Mr. Dickenson the camera?/
 
{Yeah. Took him awhile to figure out what I was giving him.}
 
/Were you noticed missing?/
 
{With my teleportation and invisibility skills, Boris didn't even know I was in the room.}
 
/Good./
 
That was something else. Dragonia had received Serena's ability to orb, or teleport, during the accident; and invisibility was nothing more than illusioning oneself to match the surrounding background.
 
With lunch on tray, Serena headed to an empty table in a corner. The kid behind her grabbed her shirt collar though, stopping her. “Wrong way. The team's over here.”
 
Serena ignored him and continued; but once again the boy stopped her. Serena turned to glare at him. “Who do you think you are to grab my shirt?”
 
The boy bowed, holding his tray up as not to spill it. “Mystel. Love the eye color changing thing you have going on.”
 
“So, loving my eyes gives you every right to stop me from going to a table? What if I don't want to eat with you all?”
 
“Boris's orders.” With that, Mystel turned and headed to a table in the middle of the room where Garland and two other teammates sat.
 
/I don't suppose you can go bite him?/
 
{Not a chance.}
 
Serena grumbled as she went over to where the BEGA Team was. Garland was sitting at one end of the table. Mystel sat next to him. Besides Mystel was the number five ranked member, a girl with light brown skin, ice blue pigtails, crimson eyes, and a black and white outfit. Opposite them sat the number four ranked member, a heavyset boy with chocolate skin, brown eyes, scars on the left side of his face, shorts, a blue shirt with a red overcoat. He motioned to the bench next to him.
 
“Sit. I don't bite, unlike Mystel there. What lie did he tell you to get you over here?”
 
Serena sat down and Dragonia sat at her feet. “Boris's orders.”
 
The girl next to Mystel laughed a musical laugh. “That would work.” She glanced under the table at Dragonia. “I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen your match against Garland earlier. Your blade turns into an actual dragon.” She sat up again. “I'm Ming Ming by the way. The big guy next to you is Crusher.”
 
Crusher pointed his fork at the newly applied bandages on Serena's arms. “Does that always happen when you blade?”
 
“Yeah. It doesn't hurt as much, but it is such a hassle to buy new clothes every week.” Serena's eyes drifted to the picture of the picture next to hers in the number one ranked slot. “How come he is not here?”
 
“Brooklyn? He's probably training. He and Mystel are almost always absent when we are supposed to meet,” said Ming Ming.
 
“He's off limits to you Tate. Boris's orders. He doesn't want anything to happen to his two best bladers.” Garland seemed bitter.
 
Crusher leaned over. “You and Brooklyn are the only ones who have beaten Garland,” he whispered. “Now he can't be the best at his sport like his brothers and sisters.”
 
“So why are you all here with BEGA?” asked Serena. She took a bite of her feast.
 
Mystel didn't even look up and Garland similarly ignored her.
 
“The fame of course. I'm the poster girl for the league,” said Ming Ming.
 
“My sister needs medical bills paid.”
 
Serena smiled at Crusher. “I have a friend who entered a tournament for that same thing.” It's good to know that not everyone working for Boris is here for personal gain.
 
“Why are you here Serena? Aren't you supposed to be with your brother?”
 
Ming Ming looked between Mystel and Serena, eyes finally studying Serena before she spoke. “Of course. I heard you used to be a BladeBreaker. Definitely tell us. Why leave?”
 
Serena took a bite of her food, just to stall. Her new teammates looked expectantly at her. “I belong here.”
 
“Girls don't belong here,” said Mystel.
 
“Who else is going to be the poster GIRL for BEGA besides me?”
 
Crusher put his hand on Serena's arm. “Calm down.”
 
Serena looked at Crusher's hand and then at her own. The fork in her hand was bent in half. Serena sighed and straightened it, much to the amazement of everyone at the table but Garland. “I belong here because unlike you guys, I was raised at Biovolt. My whole life was so I could be Boris's soldier.”
 
Mystel held out his hand to Ming Ming. “Pay up.”
 
Serena looked in disbelief as Ming Ming handed Mystel money. “What else have you been betting on?”
 
Before anyone could answer, a cold, familiar voice sounded behind Serena.
 
“Well well well. If it isn't The Girl.”