Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters.

Another warning; I have turned a male character into a female disguised behind male clothing. The character’s identity will not be revealed until later on in the story, but that characters identity is most likely already been figured out.

AN: Now that is over with, let me introduce myself. I am going by the name as Defiant Vixen. I am not new to this site. I have lurked around in the shadows for a long time now, but this is my first attempt at writing a story on this site. And my account is brand new.

Comments, suggestions, threats and flames are all welcomed.

-

Chapter One:

As he glanced up from his window seat, Ray can’t help but let a smile present itself on his lips. The World’s had just finished and Mr. Dickinson had just whisk the members of G Revolution away from a much needed and earned vacation. Nothing but rest and relaxation, he promised.

As he looked over his shoulder, Ray inwardly gave a small smile. Near the back of the bus was Kai, silently watching over the others as he has always done. He stared at the small group of much liverier bladers near the front as they laughed and played amongst themselves with a sense of longing. He tugged at his shirt and frowned to himself. He appeared to be some what uncomfortable in his choice of clothing for some reason.

A frown replaced the smile on his lips as Ray continued to study Kai from a distance. Ever since he met the holder of the holy Phoenix, he has had this feeling that he was hiding something. True, he’s a mystery to everyone and isn’t exactly willing to let that facade drop just yet, but still. What’s he hiding?

Kai suddenly snapped his attention to Ray, an eyebrow raised towards his hair. “Something wrong, Ray?” he asked coolly.

Ray snapped himself out of his musings and shook his head. “I should be asking you that, Kai.”

“Hn?”

“Is there something bothering you?” Ray asked as he silently hoped that a gentle prod was all he needed.

“It doesn’t matter,” Kai replied sharply and suddenly. “We’re here now.”

Startled, Ray turned and looked out the window and realized that they have indeed stopped moving. The bus was parked in front of an old two story building, vines and moss covered a good majority. Behind the building was a few free standing structures, either used as cottages or storage rooms.

From the corner of his eye, Ray noticed that Kai had removed himself from his seat and is now trying desperately to awaken Daichi who had fallen asleep during the trip. Ray decided to follow suit. He retrieved his belongings and moved to get off the bus. Too cramp and smelly for him.

An elderly man appeared to be his late forties, greeted Ray and his teammates as they disembarked from the mini bus. He was a tall gentleman, with short brown hair that was slightly graying at the sides. His face was wrinkled with years and years of stress and heartbreak as his smile didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Welcome to Motel Fig Tree,” he said as the bladers gathered their belongings and stopped in front of him. “I hope you enjoy your stay. We’ll make it as peaceful as we possibly can.”

“Oh Gwad,” a young feminine voice snorted behind him. “Stop being so boring! You’re such a stiff neck sometimes, jeez!”

The man gave a drawn out and tired sigh as he turned around, the muscles in his back tense with a sense of annoyance. “Arista…” he said irritably.

Everyone else turned towards the voice as well, the sight of a young girl near the age of 16 years appeared in their visions. She was wearing a white tank top under a red jacket with a red ruffled miniskirt, white leggings, and white and red striped sneakers finished the look. Her hair was rather unusual. Long light brown bangs hang lowly over her raven eyes, but as her hair fell over her shoulders, it turned to a dark chocolate color that reached the small of her back.

“Don’t call me that, old man,” the girl suddenly demanded, stamping her foot on the ground as she folded her arms across her well rounded and blossomed chest. “My name is Asia, not Arista.”

“Arista,” the man said again, his growing frustrations getting the better of him. “Do not talk to your father like that.”

Arista, or Asia as she liked to be known as, simply stuck her tongue out at her father and defiantly walked past him. “I can do whatever I want and you can’t stop me.”

She stopped in front of their new guests and let her eyes wander over the group. Her gaze stopped on Ray and she immediately felt an attraction towards him. He was handsome with his long black hair, his shiny golden amber eyes and his dark olive skin. What a sight!

Asia giggled to her hand as she coyly walked over to him. She stopped in front of him and clasped her hands behind her back and leaned forward, giving Ray a subtle view of her cleavage. She giggled again when Ray turned to look the other way, a light hint of red on his cheeks.

He blushed! Asia giggled once more and returned to her full height. She gazed at Ray for a little while longer and realized that he was a fraction taller than she is.

“Hi there,” she greeted as she continued to clasped her hands behind her back, giving off the impression that she’s sweet and innocent under her scrumptious and sexy curves. It’s not her fault she had curves in all the right places.

Ray turned back to face her and flashed a charming smile. “Hey yourself.”

“My name is Asia Rainstorm,” Asia said as she removed a hand from behind her back and placed it over her heart in an innocent yet flirty sort of way and gave Ray a wink. “This old guy behind me is my father and he owns and runs this place.”

Her father winced from her introduction and seemed to mutter something under his breath.

Asia ignored the muttering and spoke to Ray as if he was the only person here, and wasn’t a part of a team. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” she asked, indicating to the surrounding area with her hands in a grand gesture.

“It sure is,” Ray agreed as he too looked at the motel grounds, trees and flower littered the land, giving it a really earthy feel to it. “You’re lucky to live here.”

Asia giggled into her hand again. She paused for a moment to look at Ray, taking in every inch of his profile. Strong and tall, charming and warm. Oh, what she would do to have someone like him as her boyfriend. The next two weeks are going to be fun!

“Yep,” she agreed loudly, almost smugly. “It does have its advantages. So…”

Ray titled his head ever so slightly to the side, a confused look in his pretty amber eyes. “So what?”

Asia leaned forward and flicked Ray playfully on the forehead and childishly stuck her tongue out at him. “Your name, silly.”

“Oh right,” Ray laughed and rubbed his forehead. “Sorry about that. The name’s Ray Kon.”

“Please to meet you,” Asia giggled once again, being the cheerful and perky person that she naturally is and looped her arm through Ray’s and then proceeded to him away from the others, who had stood quietly in the back ground the entire time.

“Why don’t I give you a personal tour?” she asked in a way that didn’t sound like a question at all.

“Er…” Ray muttered as he wondered how he should respond when a hand clasped his shoulder tightly and pulled him back, breaking the arm link Asia had on him.

“He can’t,” a stern and hard voice commanded.

Ray blinked as he tuned around and faced his team captain. “Kai?” He looked annoyed about something. Ray could easily tell. He had been friends with Kai for a few years now, and even though much about the Phoenix wielder was still a mystery to him, Ray had learnt to read soft and subtle signs from him.

And by the way his right eyebrow was twitching; something was obviously not sitting right with him.

Asia pouted and placed her hands on her perfectly round hips. She glared hatefully at Kai and mentally noted that even though he was hot, he’s also a bastard. Oh well, maybe she can help him to lighten up during his stay! Who knows, he might be a nice guy under that rough exterior.

“Why not?” Asia demanded.

Kai merely flicked his red eyes in her direction, a blatant amount of anger and irritation in his gaze. “Well, for starters, we have to place our belongings in our appointed rooms and then we have to attend a conference call with Mr. Dickinson.”

Asia gave an undignified snort and folded her arms over her chest as she rolled her eyes, annoyed. “And here I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation,” she said dramatically before she turned to Kai to sneer at him. “You’re such a workaholic.”

“Indeed I am,” Kai replied quickly and ignored the look of surprise on Asia’s face when he disregarded her insult swiftly. No one has ever brushed her off so easily!

Asia felt tears prick at her eyes. That jerk! He was supposed to apologize for being rude!

“Now, if you excuse us,” Kai continued. “We must leave.”

“No,” Asia stuck out her chin in defiance and grabbed Ray by the arm. “I’ll show Ray to his room.” She paused to glare at Kai again, and once again stuck her tongue childishly out at him again. “Since you’re the oh-so intelligent captain, I think you can find your room all by yourself.”

Despite her skinny and petit body, she was quite strong and easily pulled Ray away from the others. She latched onto Ray’s arm, ignoring his protests. She knew Ray wanted to walk with her; he was just trying to keep peace with Kai as well, who so obviously had feelings for her. Why else would he object to her showing Ray around the hotel in private?

“Wait-a-minute-!”

Of course Kai had a crush on her. Everyone does sooner or later. Everyone always said she had the presence and body of a Goddess.

“Kon,” Kai’s rough voice pulled Asia out of her thoughts. “You’ve got five minutes.”

Asia simply huffed and stuck her noise in the air as she pulled Ray into the building and out of sight. “Humph! He’s such a jerk!”

A sudden frown marred Ray’s face and he stopped stock still, making Asia stop as well. “Don’t talk about Kai like that,” he practically hissed at her, the pupils of his eyes narrowed considerably. There was nothing more on this earth that angered him quicker than hearing someone call Kai a jerk or anything equivalent.

“But he is!” Asia insisted and tugged on his arm as she pouted. “You agree with me, don’t you?”

Ray’s anger grew in size and he abruptly ripped his arm away from Asia’s grip. He ignored the fact that a startled look was now occupying Asia’s expression. “No, I don’t,” he hissed again. “You don’t know Kai the way I do. So don’t you dare say anything like that about him again!”

Asia gave Ray a horrified look, her mouth agape. How could he possibly stand up for Kai? Of course he was a jerk!

Tears once again threatened to fall from her raven eyes and she snapped her mouth shut. A single tear rolled down her cheek and she dropped her chin to her chest and hid her eyes behind her hair.

Ray was angry with her. But why?

“You’re right. I don’t know him,” Asia hiccupped as more tears fell. “It’s just…ever since my mother died when I was little I always seem to find the worst in people. You see, my mother was murdered, a random mugging gone wrong.”

A prang of sympathy hit Ray hard in the chest. “I’m sorry.”

“I try to stay positive, you know,” Asia continued, her face now buried in her hands. Why? Why hasn’t Ray hugged her yet? “But it’s so hard some times. My father, he doesn’t care about me. All he sees is the younger version of my mother.”

Ray awkwardly patted her on the shoulder. He knows what its like to lose a parent. He’s an orphan as well, and as an only child, you often thought to yourself would this have happened if you weren’t around. But still, that doesn’t excuse her behavior and insults against Kai.

“I’m sure that isn’t true.”

“You wouldn’t understand!” Asia continued to sob.

Ray sighed as he took her by the shoulders and forced her to look at him. “Look, don’t cry,” he said with comfort in his voice. “Just don’t insult Kai in front of me again, ok?”

Asia sniffled pathetically and nodded, hastily ridding herself of her tears with tback of her sleeves. “Ok.”

Suddenly, a bright appeared on her lips and she clapped her hands in front of her. “Great, now let’s go see your new room!”

Ray found himself lost in a haze of confusion. One minute this girl was all spunky, the next she was crying, and now she’s cheerful again.

And Tyson thought Kai and Hilary had bad mood swings.