Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters.

Another warning; I have turned a male character into a female disguised behind male clothing. The character’s identity will not be revealed until later on in the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Chapter Five:

Wearing a simple pair of dark blue board shorts with a crimson red t-shirt, Ray stepped out into the courtyard to head towards the swimming pool, following the directions Asia’s father gave him and the others last night during dinner. He was mildly surprised at how warm it was getting. It looked as if it was going to be a rather hot day.

Score one for Kai. Today was shaping up to be a much better day for swimming, just like he said it would.

Speaking of Kai, Ray wondered if Kai was even going to show up at the pool. Though the chances of Kai actually going swimming was slim to none, knowing his red eyed captain, Ray was certain that Kai will turn up. Just to keep an eye on the others, of course. Or keeping them in line, he would say.

Ray soon reached the resort style pool and made his way over to a sun lounge chair. He sat down and whipped his shirt over his head, the muscles in his back, stomach and chest rippled as he did so. He laid himself down on the sun chair and relished in the warmth of the sun. Ah, it felt good to lie around in just his board shorts. The warm breeze on his naked chest and stomach was amazing.

Suddenly his thoughts turned to Kai and he visibly winced when he remembered what he had witness just moments ago. When he first realized that Kai had bandages on, he didn’t know they were so thick or covered so much skin until he accidentally walked in on him getting undressed.

That was actually the first time he’d seen Kai without a shirt on. Sure, they shared a room during the years touring together, but not once had he seen Kai get changed in front of him. He would either wait until he was done or head into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He wouldn’t even get out of a sweaty and torn shirt into a new one unless there was somewhere for him to get changed in private.

Was Kai just a private person, super modest or was he hiding something…?

“Never missed an opportunity to lie around in the sun, do you Ray?”

Startled by the familiar voice, Ray sat bolt straight and looked around. His gaze immediately turned towards the form of his captain and was surprised to see him in something other than big pants and elaborate shirts. Kai also wore a pair of dark blue board shorts, but while Ray’s ended just above his knees, Kai’s ended about mid thigh that showed off a pair of slender and athletic set of legs. They were long and sleek with a hidden strength beneath the surface, nothing like Ray’s own legs that looked muscular and powerful.

Wow! Ray finally understood where the phrase ‘legs up to his neck’ came from.

Once again, Kai had on a black t-shirt, thick and heavy duty it appeared. It’s so big and loose, that Ray is unable to detect any hint of the bandages he knew Kai had hidden underneath.

It wasn’t until Kai gave a forced cough of discomfort that Ray realized that he was staring and he quickly muttered an apology.

“You’re not going swimming, Kai?” he asked after a moment of silence.

“Don’t feel like it,” Kai muttered as he glanced around at his surroundings with a sense of unease.

Ray studied Kai for a moment and chewed on his bottom lip. He can’t get that image of Kai wearing those bandages he saw this morning out of his head. “Are your injuries bothering you?” he asked as move to sit on the edge of the sun chair and planted his feet on the ground.

“Dammit, Ray!” Kai suddenly hissed at him and turned to give him his full attention. “I don’t have any injuries.”

“So then why are you wearing thick bandages around your chest?” Ray asked as he stood up from his seat only to be startled when Kai moved forward quickly and clamped his hand over his mouth.

“Shh!” Kai hissed at him again and looked at his surroundings with a cautious gaze. “I don’t want the others to know.”

Ray snared Kai’s wrist in his hand and inwardly noted how Kai’s over hand moved to hover of his chest, his fingers nervously playing with the collar of his shirt. “If you just tell me what’s wrong, I might be able to help you,” he whispered to him.

Kai glared at him for a moment, his lips pressed into a thin line but then he sighed suddenly and his hand goes limp in Ray’s grip. “Ray, look it’s nothing, ok? Just drop it.”

“No, I won’t just drop it,” Ray said stubbornly as he subconsciously took a step forward, their bodies mere inches apart. Their faces are so close that Ray felt Kai’s warm breath on his lips and he found himself mildly wondering what they would be like to touch. They looked soft and supple…

“Just tell me yes or no,” Ray continued as he pushed his pervious thoughts away for the time being. “Are you hurt in any way?”

“No, I’m not hurt,” Kai answered with an uncharacteristically shaky breath. He seemed to be a little uneasy about the proximity of Ray’s body to his. He appeared nervous, and yet unwilling to push him away. “Just-“

“Oh Ray!” Came the girly shriek that Ray was starting to have nightmares about. He was kinda hoping that Asia was still mad at him for what happened yesterday, but no such luck.

A moment later, Asia appeared, jogging up the pathway towards the pool. She had her hair up in a high pony tail with a pink flower behind her ear, but Ray’s gaze was immediately drawn to her choice of swim wear, or lack of. She wore a white string bikini with a Hibiscus flower on one breast of her top and a blue one on her bottoms and…nothing else.

“How do I look?” she asked as she gave a little twirl and bounced a little in her step, her bust bouncing ever so seductively.

“Er…” Ray muttered, unsure how to answer that. That bikini…it’s kinda small…Oh dear, that swim suit was an accident waiting to happen.

“I guess some girls will do anything to draw attention away from their faces,” Kai muttered under his breath as he took a step back from Ray, removing his wrist from his grasp.

Ray found that funnier than he probably should have and forced back a laugh.

“Ray!” Asia said disapprovingly and placed her hands on her hips. She frowned and leaned forward, her bust bouncing as she did so. “What are you doing? I thought you wanted to go swimming, not talk to Mr. Wet Blanket over there.”

Ray was no longer amused. And while Kai simply rolled his eyes at the insult, Ray bristled. “Don’t call him that!” he hissed, startling not only Asia, but Kai as well.

“I can’t help it if it’s true!” Asia retorted as she stood up straight in such a way her bust jiggled again at the sudden movement. “He never does anything but brood. Jeez, a bit of excitement might kill him.”

Ray felt his anger boil. He had specifically asked Asia not to insult Kai in front of him, and what does she do? “Asia, you are really starting to-“

Asia simply stuck her nose into the air and folded her arms under her chest as she turned away. “Don’t be such a spoil sport!”

“Hey guys!” Yet again, Max’s golden voice of cheerfulness broke the tension unwillingly.

“Ready to go swimming?” he asked as he appeared with the rest of the boys of the team behind, even Kenny was in his swim wear. “I haven’t been swimming for ages!”

“Tell me about it!” Tyson said as he slapped Max good naturedly on the back. “This is going to be great.”

Asia, who seemed to have forgotten about her fight with Ray, latched onto his arm and began to lead him away. “Come on, Ray,” she said as she blatantly rubbed her breasts against his arm.

“Not right now,” Ray muttered as he removed his arm from Asia’s grasp, still annoyed with her and moved to stand near Kai.

“Ray!” Asia pouted childishly.

“Go on Ray; don’t want to disappoint your girlfriend,” Kai suddenly muttered to him, he himself sounding annoyed.

“Kai,” Ray replied in an almost whining tone of his own. “She’s not-” But Kai simply ignored him and walked away, pushing past both Max and Tyson.

“Kai, you can’t go yet,” Tyson suddenly said as he latched onto Kai’s arm, stopping him dead in his tracks.

Kai raised an eyebrow in question. “Why not?” he asked simply.

“You haven’t tried the water yet,” Tyson replied as a mischievous grin appeared on his face. A grin that had grown on Max’s face as well.

“Yeah, Kai,” he said as he grabbed onto Kai’s other arm.

Kai immediately looked uneasy as he glared at the two. “Don’t you dare…” he hissed, but his warning fell on deaf ears as the two simply cackled with sadistic delight and with a combined effort, managed to push Kai into the pool. “Hey!”

Ray felt his breath hitch in his throat the moment Kai had hit the water and without a second thought, made his way over to the edge of the pool, ready to haul Kai out of the water quickly. Those bandages are going to be uncomfortable now that they are wet.

A half a second later Kai broke the surface of the pool and his arms immediately wrapped themselves around his chest as his thick black shirt clung to his slender body. The way Kai’s shirt clung to his frame gave the impression that he was thinner than he really is and Ray was surprised to note that Kai seemed to be rather slender and curvy for a male his age.

Kai stood waist deep in the middle of the pool as he coughed harshly. Ray cringed when he realized that Kai must have swallowed some water when he was pushed in. As Ray jumped into the pool to get to Kai, he noted with sheer annoyance that Asia seemed to be laughing at Kai’s misfortune all too readily.

“Are you ok, Kai?” He asked when he reached him and placed a hand on his back to help him cough a little easier.

“Fine,” Kai grunted out as he removed one hand from his chest –the other stayed firm and taut- to push aside his dark gray bangs from his eyes and it was then that Ray noticed just how long Kai’s hair really was. Not that it was wet; it easily reached the small of his back.

“Those two are so fucking dead,” Kai hissed with a raspy voice as he shot a glare in the direction of his two sniggering teammates.

“You can kill them later,” Ray whispered into his ear as his hand unwittingly slipped down from Kai’s back to his waist as he guided him toward the steps to get out of the pool. “First let’s get you out of here.”

Kai sighed and muttered a small and short reply under his breath as he allowed Ray to help him out. As they reached the steps, Ray climbed out first and offered his hand to Kai, mildly expecting his captain to slap it away. Instead, Kai stared at the offending limb for a moment before he cautiously slipped his hand in Ray’s. Ray felt startled for a moment, not that Kai was actually letting him help, but the warm feeling he got when Kai’s hand touched his. Their hands seem to fit perfectly together and Ray made a subconscious decision to try to hold Kai’s hand again.

As he was helping Kai out of the pool, Ray then noticed how slim and petit Kai’s hand was compared to his. Sure, his fingers had battle scars but they were still softer and slender than his. If he didn’t know better, he’d say that Kai hand was kinda girlish…

“Hey Kai?” Came Tyson’s voice with a hint of teasing to it. “Did you enjoy your swim?”

Kai snapped his head up and immediately removed his hand from Ray’s, much to the neko’s disappointment and glared viciously at Tyson. He curled his hand that held onto Ray’s moments ago into the fist and stalked his way over to Tyson. Without a word, he slugged Tyson on the arm and whacked Max on the back of the head before he stalked towards the hotel, still dripping wet.

Ray frowned at Kai’s actions, but not at the fact that he punched Tyson and belted Max upside the head. He expected Kai to do that and hey, the two deserved it. No, what he was frowning about was the fact that Kai keep one arm over his chest where the bandages were the entire time. He said he wasn’t hurting, so why was he guarding his chest like that?

“Gwad, he’s a jerk!” Asia exclaimed with a whiney tone as she appeared by Ray’s side to fold her arms under her bust, enhancing her bosom and cleavage. “How do you put up with such a prick?”

Ray spun around, his eyes narrowed into slits at the young girl. “Dammit Asia,” he hissed dangerously, fighting the urge to push her into the pool. “If you insult Kai one more time…”

“But Ray!” Asia looked appalled that Ray would even think about defending Kai like that! It wasn’t an insult, it was just the truth! Can’t he see that?

“What’s going on?” Came another female’s voice and a moment later, the figure of a certain short haired brunette appeared. Hilary wore a simple, yet stylish mahogany red one piece swim suit with a tied halter top. Around her hips she wore a white sarong and a pair of white sandals. “Did I miss anything?”

“Tyson and Max just pushed Kai into the pool!” Daichi explained loudly as he rested his arms behind his head in a casual way. “But he didn’t like that very much.”

“Oh, you two!” Hilary scowled the two boys and wagged her finger at them as she placed a hand on her hip in a disapproving way. “Leave Kai alone. If he doesn’t want to go swimming, then he doesn’t want to go swimming, ok?”

“Oh, lighten up, Hilary,” Tyson replied as he rolled his eyes but rubbed his arm furiously to get feeling back into his dead arm. “It was just a bit of fun.”

“Don’t worry,” Max said as he rubbed the back of his head while looking sheepish. “We’ll apologize later.”

Hilary huffed as she placed both her hands on her hips. “You better,” she said warningly before a smile appeared on her face and she clapped her hands together. “But now, let’s go swimming!”