Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters. And Female Kai. And I should probably warn you that there is a bit of swearing in this chapter.

AN: I can now safely say that Kai is a girl in this story, though that is no surprise to my readers, now is it? In this chapter, Kai and Asia finally confront each other. How will it end? You’ll just have to read it and see. I hope it’s unexpected to say the least.

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Chapter Eleven:

So close. He had been so close to telling Ray the truth.

“You don’t understand, I’m not a…” Kai tried to say, but was interrupted once again by that annoying girl, by that girl who had been nothing but a pain in the ass since day one. A split second later, Kai could do nothing but run. Run as fast as possible. The destination didn’t matter. He just had to get away.

I’m not a…guy.

Kai wanted so badly to tell Ray the truth. She wanted him to know about her true gender and about the reasons why she was hiding in the first place. She wanted to tell him…but just couldn’t find the words.

How…? How do you tell someone, someone who had gotten through the icy walls of your heart with his gentle patience and friendly personality that you had been lying to him the entire time? How do you tell someone the truth after you shared a passionate kiss with him, with a guy while dressed as a guy?

Kai angrily wiped the tears of frustration from her cheeks as she slowed her frantic run to a jog, not knowing where to go or what to do from here. Slowly, she came to a stop at one of those old fashion wine cellars that were underground in deep and dark stonework rooms. A door to one of the cellars was left open, but Kai paid it no attention.

Kai rested her hands on the wall near the doorway and pressed her forehead against the cool stonework, breathing harshly as she tried to take deep breathes through her panting. Her body shook with tiny tremors, drained from the run, and the warring emotions in her soul. Removing a hand from the wall, Kai pressed it to her chest, her fingers tugging at the tight bandages as she tried to breathe normally. The bandages seemed to be constricting around her chest, making it hard to get her breath back.

“Calm down and breath, dammit,” Kai ordered herself harshly as she hit the wall with her fist and leaned heavily against it, tears of frustration once again appeared in the corners of her eyes.

After a few minutes, Kai managed to calm herself down by taking slow and deep breathes as she tugged at the bandages, loosening them enough to make breathing a bit easier for her. Finally, she lifted her head up and turned around, only to slump backwards against the wall. She resisted the urge to sink to the soil beneath her and tilted her head back, staring up at the clear blue sky above.

Her chest hurt. Her heart was thumbing painfully in her ribcage. And she found it hard to swallow. She never felt anything like this before. Everything seemed to hurt. And the hurt increased when she let her mind drift to the memory of the kiss.

Kai flushed at the memory, and was mildly confused to realize that her lips seemed to tingle as if she could still feel Ray’s lips against hers. The kiss was totally unexpected, but what bewildered Kai the most was how much she enjoyed it. It was probably the most pleasurable thing she ever experienced and she was startled to realize that she wanted to experience it again.

Ray…

Just who did he think he is? He came into Kai’s life, all friendly and charming, and somehow managed to wriggle his way into Kai’s heart, successfully getting under her skin and staying there. He became her friend, a friend she never had. He was always there for her, during the darkest times with his gentle words of understanding and subtle comfort. She never used to care about what other people thought of her, but since meeting Ray, she started to care what he thought of her.

She…she just cannot comprehend these feelings, these emotions Ray has evoked within her. She found herself caring for the dark-haired neko more than she probably should. She always made sure to share a room with him, and only him, if they had to share lodgings. He was always the first person she saw in the mornings and the last person at night. And she wouldn’t change that for the world.

She rarely got into fights with him, and when they did, it hurt her chest like hell. But Ray was always the first one to apologize, even if the fights were clearly her fault.

Kai liked Ray…

She liked him a lot. She didn’t realize how much until she came here on vacation and Asia appeared, forcing Ray to spend time with her. She was startled to realize that she didn’t like that, that she wanted Ray to spend time with her instead.

At one point in time she even wished that she was bold enough to grab Ray’s arm and drag him away from the others to spend time with her…alone.

“What did that kiss mean?” Kai asked herself aloud as she gingerly touched her lips, and a dark blush appeared on her cheeks.

She enjoyed that kiss…a lot. And Ray seemed to have enjoyed it as much as she did.

Do these emotions mean she has a crush on Ray?

“Maybe I should go talk to Hilary,” Kai mumbled to herself as she pushed away from the wall behind her, her hand on her forehead as she swallowed thickly.

Hilary was the only female Kai grew to trust, the only one she felt deserved her trust. She didn’t know the other girls of Beyblade well enough to comment on them, but she has known Hilary for a couple of years now. Hilary could be a little overwhelming at times, and bossy, but she meant well. She gained Kai’s trust when she proved to her that she was genuinely concerned for their teammates’ well-being.

Kai just hoped that her fellow female, with her dislike toward Asia a mirror image to her own, could help her in some way. Kai wasn’t used to asking for help, especially from another girl, but she had no other option. She had to tell her the truth about her gender and pray to whoever was listening that she would understand. At least, somewhat anyway.

Coming from a very male dominate environment and excelling in a male dominated sport, Kai didn’t know the first thing about being feminine, or the raging hormones and emotions that came with the title. All she knew was that she never felt this torn before. Or this nervous.

Running her fingers through her hair, Kai drew in a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself for what was to come. But as she glanced up her chosen path, the sight of a disgruntled brunette stomping her way over to her greeted her, much to her impatience and annoyance. Asia had her fists balled tightly into fist by her side and he face was screwed up into this angry and frustrated expression. Kai could almost hear her teeth grinding together in anger.

Anger that Kai had to bite the inside of her mouth to stop herself from mimicking. She could have done without seeing Asia so soon.

“Kai!” Asia yelled even though Kai was only a few feet away from her.

“Oh, what the fuck do you want?” Kai spat out at her as she folded her arms tightly over her chest and glared heatedly at her.

“You stupid asshole!” Asia said as she got right into her face. She planted her fisted hands on her hips and stomped her foot on the ground once, picking up dust as she did so.

The insult startled Kai for a moment, but she rolled her eyes nonetheless. “Charming as always,” she muttered.

“What do you think you are doing?” Asia hissed at her. “I can’t believe you would be so selfish and stupid.”

Kai raised her eyebrow at the irony of Asia’s words, but chose not to comment on them. Besides, it would probably go in one ear and out the other. “I’m not in the mood for any of your shit, girl,” she hissed back with venom and moved to push her aside. “Piss off.”

“I know you have a crush on me,” Asia said suddenly, grabbing Kai’s arm in her hand, holding onto it with an iron like grip.

With her eyes narrowed dangerously at the audacity Asia has to touch her, Kai moved to rip her arm from the girl’s grip, but faltered as her words registered in her head.

Did she just accuse Kai of having a crush on her? Where the hell would she get a ludicrous idea like that? Ever since they met, they’ve been trading insult after insult. Was she so self-centered, so egotistical that she believed that everyone would fall for her at first sight?

She…she was insane!

Kai almost gagged violently and gave her a look of utter disgust. “Wait, what?”

Asia, however, continued her speech, oblivious to the utter disbelief on Kai’s face. “But you just have to realize that Ray loves me and I love him.”

A state of shock overtakes Kai and she stared at the girl like she had grown another head. “I don’t like you at all,” she said after a few minutes of silence on her behalf. Asia, on the other hand, kept talking.

“So stop being so jealous,” she ordered with a huff as she let go of Kai’s arm and folded her arm under her bust, giving Kai an annoyed look. “I don’t like you in that way.”

“Do you even listen to yourself?” Kai finally snapped out of her shock to glare with the utmost hatred with the girl before her. “Do you have any idea of the shit you’re saying? I don’t like you. I loathe you. You’re rude, self-centered and disrespectful to everyone around you, especially towards your father.”

Asia physically reeled back in surprise at the venom in Kai’s voice and words. Her mouth dropped open and she gapped at her before she abruptly snapped her mouth shut, pressing her lips into a thin line. She swallowed thickly as tears began to pool in her eyes.

Kai expected her to burst into tears, but what she got was a glare and a quick, sharp slap to the face. She never saw it coming and it momentarily pushed her back in surprise. She gingerly touched her cheek, wincing when it stung.

That bitch just slapped her…

Kai physically bristled at her audacity.

“You have no idea of what my childhood was like!” Asia screamed at her, her face dark as tears flowed from her eyes.

“And I don’t care!” Kai hissed back, her eyes narrowed into dangerously slits, her top lip drawn back in a snarl. “You’re a bitch, and nothing more. You don’t deserve someone like Ray. Hell, you don’t deserve to have someone as patient and loving as your father.”

Once again, Asia physically reeled back at the words. “How dare you!” she yelled and moved to slap Kai again, but this time she stepped back, but still wasn’t quick enough. Asia’s fingers grabbed her shirt, her long sharp nails ripping the fabric easily.

Kai’s black shirt slipped open, revealing her bandages, bandages that she had loosen to help her breath, bandages that were now doing very little to suppress her feminine features. In fact, all they do is cover the two tell-tale, medium size bumps.

Kai’s bust was average in size, not too big, and not too small, but big enough to give her a cleavage with a bit of bounce. And she wasn’t at all comfortable with them.

“What…?” Asia muttered as she stumbled backwards, her eyes never leaving Kai’s chest. “Breasts?” her eyes then widen in disbelief before she screamed, “You’re a girl! Oh my god!”

Kai looked down at her chest and outwardly cursed. “Shit,” she said as she wrapped her arms around her. Good god, this was not how she planned to reveal her gender! Especially not to this psychotic bitch!

Asia continued to stutter incoherently for a few moments, her eyes wide, unable to fathom the sight before her. “You…you slut!” Asia suddenly screamed as her face contorted into anger once again, turning red from rage. “You just wanted Ray for yourself!”

“What?”

“You bitch!” Asia continued to rant and rave, throwing insult after insult at Kai. “You stupid, ugly whore! Do you really think Ray would want someone like you!? You fucking sick cross dresser!”

That last insult really stung and Kai found herself wincing. She was right, she was a cross dresser, but she had good reason to! “You don’t know what you’re talking about, bitch.”

“Oh my god, this is so laughable,” Asia suddenly laughed, mockingly shaking her head. She was almost in hysterics. “You, wanting Ray? You’re so selfish. He doesn’t love you, he loves me. And only me. Why wouldn’t he? I’m hot. I’m sexy. I’m perfect for him!”

“He doesn’t love you,” Kai hissed at her, folding her arms tighter around her chest. “And he never will.”

Asia’s eyes suddenly flashed dangerously and her body trembled with suppressed rage and Kai almost stepped back in fear. She has witnessed that look before, it’s look of someone who is about to attack…

“Shut up, you whore!” she screamed and without warning, pushed Kai on her shoulders, forcing her backwards. Kai assumed that Asia had planned to simply push her to the ground and storm away to tell Ray and everyone the truth. But instead, she pushed her through the opened door to the wine cellar, making her tumble backwards down the hard stone stairway. All she remembers was tripping over the first step and hitting the last three before it went completely dark.

Kai hit the stone floor at the bottom of the stairs with a sickening crack and laid motionless on the floor. And all was quiet.

Suddenly, Kai released a painful groan as she swam through the sea of darkness. Intense pain immediately filled every fiber of her being and she curled herself into a ball, willing the pain to stop.

A deafening silence fills the air as Asia stared, shocked at what she had just done, with wide eyes down at Kai. She swallowed thickly, her mind reeling at what she should do. Kai lifted her head to look at her, a sense of fear in her eyes.

Asia’s eyes suddenly harden and she took a step backwards. “You won’t get in the way anymore,” she said with a level voice. “You can’t get in the way of true love.”

Kai watched in disbelief as Asia slammed the door shut and listened as she locked it.

“No,” Kai gasped, her voice hoarse from the pain as she pushed herself to her elbows. “Ray…”

Looking down at her injuries, Kai can see that her left ankle looked slightly deformed and she realized that she must have twisted it pretty badly. Slowly, she picked herself up into a sitting position, every single one of her injuries screamed in protest, but she ignored them. Grabbing her shirt, she removed it from her person and began to rip it into long, thin shreds, making temporary bandages.

This bitch just had to go too far, didn’t she? That’s it. Kai wasn’t going to take it anymore.

“Ray,” she whispered as she began to bandage her own wounds. “I have to warn him.”