Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters. Female Kai.

AN: Hello everyone. Here, I have another chapter I hope you enjoy reading. I added a tiny bit of Asia’s past in here, if anyone’s interested. I found Asia deeply annoying, yet fun to write. If I had a bad day, she was my release. In fact, I’m working on another fic where there is anoter deeply irritating OC for me to bash relentlessly.

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Chapter Thirteen:

“Kai’s a girl?!”

A wave of panic struck Ray the moment those words left the mouth of a bewildered Tyson, who eyes were wide in disbelief and shock. The short brunette next to him wasn’t any better, her hand covered her mouth in an vain attempt to stop a gasp of surprise that easily passed her lips.

In his arms, he felt Kai wince at the words and tried to press herself deeper into his chest. His heart ached as Kai’s lithe frame trembled, either from shock or fear, he didn’t know. She didn’t need their eyes staring at her in shock, she didn’t need them to stand there like a couple of statues gaping at her. She needed medical help and she needed it now!

“A girl that’s hurt!” Ray quickly hissed loudly at his two immobile teammates, his amber eyes easily turning into slits as he held Kai protectively against him. A part of him was absolutely livid that Tyson and Hilary would opt to simply stare at their clearly injured teammate rather than race over to help.

Ok, so they thought Kai was a guy and the Kai before them was clearly a woman, it shouldn’t have mattered. If someone was hurt, they should help.

“Just shut up and call an ambulance!” Ray barked his orders. “And the police too!”

The harsh and clearly enraged tone in Ray’s voice quickly pulled Tyson from his state of shock and back into reality. “Er, right!” he replied, taking one last look at Kai before he nodded his head in determination. “I’ll be right back, Kai.”

He then turned on his heel and faster than Ray has ever seen him move, bolted back inside the hotel and disappeared from sight.

“Oh my God!” Hilary yelled in concern as she too was forced from her state by Ray’s tone and she quickly scrambled her way over to kneel by Kai’s other side. She lingered near her, her hands hovering as she wasn’t sure what to do. “She’s bleeding. What happened?”

Ray’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “Asia pushed her down a flight of stairs.”

“What?!” Hilary said, her own eyes narrowed with anger as well. She balled her hands into fists and trembled with suppressed rage as she bowed her head. “Grr, I knew that bitch was no good,” she hissed as she peered around at her surroundings, no doubt looking for the offending female.

However, she blinked her eyes slowly when they fell onto the uncharacteristically unmoving form of the busty female. Asia laid a few feet away, laying on her stomach, her cheek pressed against the dusty soil, her long bangs covered her eyes, giving her a haunted look.

“What happened to her?” Hilary asked, not in concern, but in interest, a part of her hoping that Kai managed to get a punch in before she succumbed to her injuries.

“I knocked her out,” Ray said with a smirk, his eyes also turning to gaze at the young woman who had proved to be nothing but a pain in his ass even since he met her. “After Kai threw her to the ground, of course.”

“Heh,” Hilary muttered as she balled her hand into a fist and shook it at the unconscious girl. “She’s lucky that’s all Kai did. If it was me I would have-”

“She probably won’t wake up for a while,” Ray said, turning his attention back to the young woman in his arms, his eyes softening considerably. “Hopefully.”

Suddenly, a look of concern appeared on Ray’s face when he felt Kai trembled in his arms once again. He leaned closer, turning his ear toward her. He then reeled back quickly and pulled Kai away from his chest. Kai’s eyes were screwed shut tightly, gasps and pants escaping her lips in a harsh manner.

She was having difficultly breathing.

Oh shit. She must have cracked a rib or two when she fell.

“Dammit,” Ray muttered as he carefully rearranged Kai in his arms so she was sitting up against his chest, her head leaning against his shoulder, her forehead against his cheek. “Take slow breathes Kai.”

“I think I broke a rib,” Kai wheezed, biting her lip to stop whimpers of pain from reaching the surface. “Maybe two or three.”

Ray nodded his head and his gaze slowly drifted down to her bandages. He bit his lip for a moment before a look of determination appeared on his face. “Kai,” he said firmly. “We need to take those bandages off. They’re restricting your breathing.”

Kai’s eyes immediately widen, lifting a limp hand to lay across her chest. “You can’t…,” she muttered, a light blush spreading across her cheeks.

“Like hell I can’t,” Ray replied in a no-nonsense tone of voice, staring down at her with a stern, yet gentle and reassuring gaze before he turned to the other young woman. “Hilary, find me a pair of scissors, now.”

“Right,” Hilary said upon reflex before hesitating for a moment, looking down at Kai and clearly seeing the look of embarrassment on her face. Those bandages need to come off, but there won’t be anything left to perverse Kai’s dignity. She’s already been through enough humiliation.

“But she’ll be-” she said, pointing to Kai’s chest.

Ray shrugged his shoulder and managed to pull of his own shirt in one fluid movement, his bronze skin glistening in the late morning sun. “This will cover her,” he said as he placed it around her shoulders. “Hurry.”

Hilary was satisfied with the compromise and she nodded. “Don’t worry,” she said softly to Kai as she placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. “I’ll be right back Kai.”

Kai watched in a state of shock as Hilary jumped to her feet and raced inside as well, in search for the scissors. She felt oddly…comforted that everyone was helping her instead of demanding to know why she hid her gender from them for so long. She always thought that if anyone was to find out the truth, they would yell and scream at her, calling her a liar and a freak, while demanding answers right there and then.

But…they hadn’t…

“Ray?” Kai whispered softly, tilting her head back ever so slightly to gaze up at her dark-haired teammate. A light blush appeared on her cheeks when she realized that Ray was cradling her half-naked against his bare chest.

“I’m here Kai,” Ray replied as he began to run his fingers through her hair, gentle and considerate. He wasn’t treating her any different now that he knew she was a girl. But…

Kai swallowed thickly. “Do you hate me now?”

“Of course not,” Ray’s reply was quick and precise. “Why would I?”

“But I lied to you,” Kai stated with a hint of guilt in her tone of voice as well as in her expression.

Nevertheless, Ray simply smiled down at her and he leaned forward to place a soft and lingering kiss on her lips, startling her greatly, but also causing her heart to skip a beat in happiness. She closed her eyes, momentarily forgetting where she was or what was going on around her, she leaned into the kiss, allowing Ray to simply move their lips together in a slow but meaningful dance.

“I’m sure you had good reason to,” he said as he pulled back to place another soft kiss to her forehead. “Just try to relax and take deep breathes. I’m here and I promise that I won’t go anywhere.”

A soft smile appeared on Kai’s lips as she stared up at Ray through half-lidded eyes. “That’s nice to know…” she murmured as she leaned her head against his shoulder again, relaxing against him, a sigh of pure relief passed her lips as Ray tightened his arms around her shoulders.

This wasn’t how she wanted to come out, but she was still glad that Ray didn’t hate her and that he promised to stay by her side. She could get through this knowing that he still cared…

Ray continued to gaze tenderly down at Kai, noting that despite her heavy breathing, she looked, well, relieved. And happy.

“Whoa!” came yet another voice of one of his teammates and Kai immediately stiffened in his arms again. “Kai is a girl!”

Dammit, didn’t he already go through all of this?!

Feeling his eye give an annoyed twitch, Ray turned to glance over his shoulder, the sight of a blonde, a brunette with glasses and a short redhead greeted him, all three teens wearing identical looks of complete and utter shock on their faces.

“B-but that isn’t-” Kenny stuttered as he shook his head furiously.

Kai suddenly released a groan and she covered her face with her hands, her breathing becoming erratic again. “I didn’t want to come out like this…” she whispered.

Once again, Ray found himself bristling in annoyance at those around him. “Grr, would you guys stop gawking already?!” he yelled loudly, his eyes once again narrow and vicious. If he wasn’t holding Kai in his arms, he would have leapt to his feet and grabbed the gawkers by their collars and gave them a long, hard shake. “Can’t you see she’s embarrassed enough?”

“Sorry, it’s just…” Max paused and shook his head. Ok, Kai was really a girl. That wasn’t what was important right now. He can muse and freak out about this piece of information later, after all, it wasn't very day you you learn that one of your closest friends was a girl dressing as guy, now was it? However, Kai was in no condition for a long winded story why she was dressing as a guy. And it was clear to see that Ray was not in the mood to have those around him freaking out and asking Kai a million questions.

“Is there anything we can do?” He finally asked, still in a state of shock, but now concern filled his baby blue eyes.

“Wait out the front for the ambulance when Tyson calls it, ok?” Ray ordered, his eyes still narrowed in a glare. Where the hell was that ambulance anyway?!

“Sure,” Max nodded as he turned to his two teammates. “Lets go Kenny, Daichi.”

“Er, right,” Kenny squeaked, intimidated by Ray’s glare. He must have received lessons from Kai; it was so fierce.

Daichi scratched his head, clearly confused. “What’s going on?”

But Max simply grabbed the two shorter males by the arms and dragged them away, neither youth protesting very much.

A mere moment later, Hilary reappeared from the hotel, a pair of scissors in her hands, being carefully while she jogged over to them.

“Here,” she said as she knelt down by Kai’s side again, handing Ray the scissors as she does so.

“Thanks Hil,” Ray said with genuine gratitude as he takes the cutting utensils, biting the handle between his teeth as he turned to Kai and carefully moved his shirt around her so she was covered up the best way possible.

“Now, keep still Kai,” He muttered as he carefully maneuvered Kai in his arms again, pressing her chest against his chest as he takes the scissors into his hand. “I don’t want to hurt you more than you already are.”

Carefully, with Hilary’s help, Ray began to cut away the bandages, cutting the material at her side so he doesn’t expose her chest, or expose her back, remembering the large scar that he wasn’t suppose to know about yet. Each snip of the scissors caused the bandages to loosen and soon, they lost all elasticity and they fall away. Kai took a deep breath as the bandages pooled around her waist. It felt…weird not having something constrictive around her chest. She felt…naked.

Kai blushed madly when she realized that the thin material of Ray’s shirt was the only thing between their bare skins. “Ray?” she practically squeaked when Ray pulled her against his chest, resting his chin on top of her head and held her as tight as he could without hurting her.

“Ambulance shouldn’t be much longer now,” Hilary said as she watched her two teammates, her heart just melting at the sight of them. She always liked it when the two were together; they balanced out each other well. And secretly, she always thought they would make a cute couple. It didn’t bother her in the least that she thought they were two boys.

Love is love, regardless of gender.

“What’s going on?” Came a deep male’s voice, concern and surprise evidence in his tone. Suddenly, the figure of a tall man with slightly graying brown hair appears, looking weary and exhausted. “Why is there an ambulance pulling up out the front?”

Once again, Ray felt his panic begin to rise at the sight of Asia’s father and he swallowed thickly. Oh crap, what should he do. The elderly gentleman had no idea what his daughter had done, or what she had been doing the entire time they were here.

“Arista?!” the elderly man suddenly yelled and immediately, he was kneeling by his daughter’s side, holding her gently in his lap. “Arista? Can you hear me? What happened?”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Rainstorm,” Ray said suddenly, sitting up as Kai nuzzled her head under his chin and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Kai had a look of guilt on her face and Hilary lingered near by, her annoyance toward Asia is clear, but her heart went out to her father. It was clear, despite her lack of respect toward him, he still loved his daughter very much.

Asia’s father was just another unfortunate victim to her selfishness.

“I had no choice,” Ray continued. “It was the only way.”

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Rainstorm asked, a look of desperate confusion on his face.

“Physically, she’ll be fine, but mentally I’m not so sure,” Ray said slowly, not wanting to offend him, but knowing that he might have to, to get his point across. “She attacked Kai here, pushing her down a flight of stairs to a wine cellar and then locked her down there.”

“What?” Mr. Rainstorm’s eyes immediately widen in a sense of disbelief before he shook his head in denial. “No, Arista would never do that. She’s…” he suddenly trailed off as he looked down at his precious little girl and he slumped forward, his face crestfallen and sad.

“Mr. Rainstorm?”

“She used to be such a good girl, always so polite to everyone,” he suddenly began to say, his words soft, sounding like can’t pretend anymore. “She used to write her mother and I notes on how much she loved as both. But then…her mother was hit by a car,” he voice suddenly broke and tears began to well in his eyes. “Arista, the little ball of energy she was, ran out into the road to get to the park. She didn’t look both ways and stepped out right in front of a car driven by an elderly man. Her mother, bless her soul, pushed her out of the way, taking the full force of the car herself. She died instantly.”

The three teens made noise of shock and sympathy, Hilary tearing up and Ray bowing his head in silent respect.

“I am so sorry,” he whispered.

“God, she looks so much like her mother…” he whispered, pulling his daughter into his arms and giving her a big hug. Ever since that day, he never received a hug from his only daughter since. He missed his little girl so much…

“The ambulance is here!” Came Max’s excited voice, Tyson and the others behind him. “And so are the police!”

Mr. Rainstorm’s head snapped up, his eyes widening considerably. “The police?”

Ray gave a deep sigh as he climbed to his feet, holding Kai effortlessly in his arms much like he would carry a bride and gave the older man a look of sympathy, yet also held a bit of determination to it. “I’m sorry, Mr. Rainstorm, but…”

“I know,” he suddenly cut him off, his face blank and his eyes turning to a dull brown, once again looking weary and broken. “My daughter needs help. This is the only way. I’m sorry Arista, I tried…”

Tightening her fingers around Ray’s shirt, pulling it tighter around her chest, Kai lifted her head to look into Ray’s eyes. “Ray?”

Ray carefully lowered Kai onto the stretcher, his hand gently cradling the back of her neck. “You’re going to be ok,” he whispered as he lowered his head and pressed his lips against Kai’s in a chaste kiss before he leaned back and gave her a reassuring smile. “I’ll be right behind you.”

Kai’s eyes softened as a smile of her own appeared on her lips. “Ok,” she whispered, letting her eyes drift shut as the ambulance officers moved to place her and the stretcher in the back of the ambulance. As the doors slammed shut, Ray watched with an aching heart as the ambulance pulled away, the lights flashing wildly.

She’ll be ok…

A hand on his shoulder pulled him from his dazed state and he turned around to find himself staring into a pair of deep brown eyes of a another female in his life. “She’s in good hands,” Hilary said to him with a reassuring smile on her face. “She’s tough.”

“Yeah, I know,” Ray replied with a nod of his head. He turned to face everyone else, all of which were staring are him with a sense of confusion, intrigue and interest. “Let’s go. We have to get to the hospital before Kai wakes up, ok?”

“Right!”