Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Pairings: Ray/Kai, One-sided Ray/Asia

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Female Kai. Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters.

AN: Hello everyone. I finally did it! I’ve finally written a new chapter to this fic. I am so sorry for taking so long to update this story. I had severe writer’s block and just couldn’t get this chapter right, no matter how hard I squinted at it for hours on end. I’m so mad at myself as this is the second last chapter! Writer’s block just couldn’t wait, unfortunately. Hopefully, I managed to get this somewhat legible to some degree.

Now, without a further ado, please enjoy reading this chapter.

-

Chapter 17:

They didn’t want to do this; Heaven knows they didn’t want to. But Kai and Ray agreed that it would help the two of them move on with their lives if they could settle this little…event peacefully.

Before they leave this town for good they wanted to have one last chat with Asia. She had caused so much trouble for the two of them, harassing Ray to the point of breaking into his room in the middle of the night and assaulting Kai by pushing her down a flight of stairs in a fit of anger!

If they packed up and left without a word, no one had to right to blame them, but upon hearing a request from Asia’s father who was at his wit’s end, Kai felt that she needed to at least see if there was anything redeemable about her.

Somehow, though, she found it unlikely.

Ray had agreed to accompany her as he wanted answers for himself, answers to questions like how in the world did Asia come up with the idea that he was in love with her? How did she think Kai had a crush on her and was trying to break the two of them up?

They took a moment to gather themselves, Ray grasping Kai’s free hand in his as she walked with one crutch now. They turned a corner down the hallway to Asia’s hotel room. With his hand on the door handle leading into Asia’s hotel room; Ray was slightly surprised to see two large police officers standing guard by the door, it was then that he realized just how much trouble Asia was really in.

But what really surprised Ray when he opened the door was the sight of Asia strapped down onto the hospital bed by thick restraints on her wrists. Her usually luscious brown hair was stringy and messy, her face slightly pale and her brows creased together in emotional torment.

He felt a bit sorry for her as it was obvious she wasn’t in the right state of mind for her to have these restraints in the first place.

“Asia,” Ray said as he stepped into the room.

Immediately, Asia snapped open her raven eyes and turned them in Ray’s direction, her face brightening up considerably. “Ray! I knew you would come,” she said as she sat up, tugging at her wrist restraints and gave him a distressing look.

She knew Ray truly loved her, she didn’t know why he betrayed her before, but she knew he loved her. He was here to help her break out and then they would go on the run together as two passionate young lovers. Finally, she could get away from her awful father and out of this boring town.

“I knew you’d believe me,” she continued as she gave him a tired but loving look. “You have to help me, please.”

However, Ray simply stared at her with unflinching eyes before he shook his head sadly and took a step off to the side, revealing a certain blue haired female who stared at her with hard eyes.

“Actually…” Kai started to say when Asia suddenly lunged forward in her bed, angrily tugging at her restraints.

“You!” she snarled with so much venom in her voice. “You’re the bitch who tried to steal Ray from me!”

Kai slowly shook her head, not even remotely intimidated by Asia’s reaction to her. “Ray was never yours to begin with,” she calmly stated.

“What the fuck do you want?” Asia snarled out as she sunk back into her bed a little, but her raven eyes still held a sense of madness within their depths. She could not believe the gall of this stupid girl. Ray was here to help her and she just had to ruin it!

“Can’t you see Ray and I are meant to be together?” Asia exclaimed in a stern voice, silently telling Kai to give up and go away. You cannot stop their union from happening; she was the perfect girl for Ray, no matter what anyone else had to say. “Stop interfering.”

“Asia, stop it,” Ray snapped as his own eyes narrowed in anger.

Asia turned to him and looked at him with shock written across her face, surprised that he actually snapped at her. “But Ray-!”

“But nothing,” Ray said, cutting her off quickly and gave her a serious look, his arms moving to fold over his chest. “There is nothing between you and I; I’m here to drive that point home.”

Again, Asia was aghast that he would even say such a thing, even as a lie. “You don’t mean that,” she said in a soft voice, her wide eyes never once leaving Ray’s face. “You fell for me at first sight as I did you, I know you did.”

“What could I possibly have done that made you think I was in love with you?” Ray asked her, wondering when her fascination for him started. They’ve only known each other for a few days, nothing that would amount to undying love between them like she was claiming.

Asia could not believe what she was hearing. Did Ray just question the spark between them? Was he so stupid that he didn’t know that he was madly in love with her? She was absolutely beautiful, sexy and incredibly sassy! What was there not to like about her?

“But we had so much chemistry between us!” she stated loudly, disbelief still prominent in her eyes. If her wrists weren’t tied she would have leapt forward and slapped him right across the face for being a complete asshole to her. She really wanted to smack some sense into him.

When they finally run away together, she’s going to give him the cold treatment until he finally makes up for what he has done to her.

“Like what?” Ray pressed for more answers, momentarily taking his eyes off the brunette to glance at the beautiful blue haired girl standing quietly behind him. He caught Kai’s gaze for a moment and she nodded, silently telling him to continue. She wanted him to get his anger off his chest first as he had suffered the brunt of Asia’s interference in his life the most, Kai will deal with her a little bit later.

“All you did was bother me with your nagging and insult my teammates, Kai in particular,” Ray said as he turned back around to face her once more. “What made you think I would be ok with that? Did you really think I would find your constant put down of my friends appealing in some strange way?”

“What I said was true!” Asia quickly defended, confused as to why Ray didn’t agree with her.

“No, they were not,” Ray said roughly in annoyance and shook his head. He absolutely hated it whenever someone spoke bad about Kai, even more so when they refuse to apologize for their blatant lies. It just made him so angry.

“Kai is not a jerk or a heartless bastard, and Hilary is on the team because she’s our friend who has earned our respect,” Ray quickly explained to her, his brow creasing in anger. “It doesn’t matter whether or not she can’t blade. We already have enough bladers, we don’t need any more.”

He was also sick of people claiming that Hilary was a bitch who served no purpose on the team whatsoever. Some even tried to replace her, claiming that they were much better suited for the team than she was.

Tears immediately sprung to Asia’s eyes. “Why can’t I be a part of the team if she is?!” she cried.

“Because you don’t have our respect,” Ray snapped, causing Asia to reel back in shock at the response. “You don’t even have our friendship. Asia, you’ve done nothing at all to earn the right to be on our team.”

“I am the daughter whose father runs the hotel you were staying at!” Asia cried, quickly becoming more and more mentally and emotionally unstable. She tugged harshly on her wrist restraints whenever she moved forward; appearing as though she wanted to throw herself at him. “Can’t you see our meeting was destiny?!”

“I’ve been to countless hotels before,” Ray pointed out calmly. “Were the people I met there a part of my destiny as well?”

“No, I’m the one for you! It’s fate, dammit!” Asia cried as she shook her head frantically, becoming angry at the thought of some unworthy bitch getting anywhere near her Ray. Couldn’t he see that they were meant to be? She was the only girl for him; she was perfect for him. She was sassy, feisty, someone who could tame his wild ways, and someone who could turn him into a more respectable young man. He was meant to be with her, no one else!

“We are meant to be; I’m sexy, I’m beautiful, I’m sassy! I’m just what you need!” she continued to yell, tears pouring from her angry eyes. “You have to love someone like me! I don’t care who else is in your life, I know I’m much better than any of them!”

Ray was quickly becoming fed up with her and immediately regretted coming to see her in the first place. He knew he should have just gathered his things and pushed everyone onto the bus so they could flee the area. Asia was not worth the agitation at all.

“I could never love someone who was self-centered, insulting and demanding, so that’s why I don’t love you,” Ray snapped.

“What…?” Asia whispered in shock as she stopped tugging at the restraints for a moment. She then abruptly turned her attention onto Kai in the background and pulled at her restraints harshly in an attempt to get at her. “It was you, wasn’t it? You made him say those things, you selfish whore!”

Kai had been listening quietly in the background as Ray tried to get some sense out of Asia and felt herself slowly becoming more annoyed by her inconsistent ramblings about fate and how she was destined to be with him on the sole purpose that she was sexy and the hotel owner’s daughter. She could not give them a plausible reason at all and Kai, though still very irritated with her, was beginning to pity her. With her blatant disrespect for everyone, she will never find someone to love her unconditionally.

She could not believe how self-centered and selfish Asia was; everything had to involve her in some way. She demanded respect but did nothing to earn it. She wanted to be a member of their team just because she considered herself better than Hilary. She refused to come to grips of her own responsibility. It was like she refused to believe that their world didn’t revolve around her.

But when Asia suddenly turned to her, accusing her of forcing Ray to do this, Kai couldn’t take anymore.

“Stop it! Arista, you need to grow up!” Kai yelled at her with blatant anger and frustration in her voice. “Think about what you’re doing to your father. Think about your mother. Do you think she would be proud of what you’ve been doing? It doesn’t matter who you are, you cannot continue with what you’re doing. You’re going to anger the wrong person one of these days. Blaming your deceased mother on your behavior is tarnishing her name. Is that what you want?”

“Shut up!” Asia suddenly screamed, her eyes taking on a hint of utter madness. “Don’t you dare talk about my mother, you stupid bitch! You don’t know what you’re talking about! My mother was murdered-”

“You’re mother died pushing you out of the way of a speeding car, Arista,” Kai said calmly as she limped closer to Ray, standing by his side as he wisely opted to stay silent, quite surprised by that little piece of information she just revealed. “You need to stop lying to everyone.”

Asia immediately stilled in her struggling and stared at Kai in blatant disbelief. “How did you…?” she whispered before her face quickly returned to the state of anger. “No, you’re lying! My mother was murdered and my father abandoned me!”

“You’re father did no such thing!” Kai snapped as she remembered the weary look of defeat on her older man’s face and how lost he felt. It really tugged at Kai’s heartstrings and she hated how teens these days immediately blamed their parents for not caring when in reality they cared too much. “He has always been there for you! You’re the one who’s making your life difficult, no one else!”

“Shut up!” Asia screamed loudly as her struggling continued. “I’ve done nothing wrong!”

“You are deluded!” Kai, in turned, yelled back at her. She was losing all patience with the brunette on the bed.

“Kai!” Ray said, clearly able to see that she was becoming distressed as well as neither of them appeared to be getting through to Asia. He took a quick step forward and placed his hands on her hips, pulling her back gently so her back rested against his chest. “Easy Kai.”

Kai took a moment to draw in a deep breath, sinking back into Ray’s arms that have now wrapped themselves around her waist. “You harassed Ray, broke into his room in the middle of the night, physically assaulted me, pushed me down a flight of stair and then locked me down there, injured!” Kai said, still riled up but not as bad as before. “Look me in the eyes and tell me to my face that you did nothing wrong.”

However, Asia still refused to take any responsibility for her less than stellar actions. “I’ve never done anything wrong before! You provoked me! You insulted and lied to me, I had to retaliate!” she then turned her gaze back on Ray, her narrow eyes filled with anger and betrayal. “You believe me, don’t you Ray? You know I’ve done nothing wrong, right?”

Ray sighed and shook his head. “Arista…”

“My name is Asia, not Arista!” she corrected him, she hated when people called her by her real name. “Why are you doing this to me? Ray, after everything we’ve done together…”

“I love Kai.”

Asia physically reeled back in surprise at Ray’s incredibly blunt reply. “What?”

“You heard me; I’m in love with Kai,” Ray said as he tightened his grip on the female in his arms and rested his chin on her shoulder, subtly trying to calm Kai down a little. “I have been for a while.”

“Y-you would actually choose her over me?” Asia stuttered as she shook her head slowly at first before her movements became more frantic, refusing to believe that she never had a chance with Ray in the first place. “You can’t!”

“I didn’t choose her over you; you weren’t even in the running in the first place,” Ray stated calmly, smiling softly when he felt Kai settle herself into his arms.

“What!? No, you’re lying!” Asia exclaimed as she shook her head desperately.

That was not supposed to happen. If Ray did have feelings for someone else before meeting her, he was supposed to forget all about them the moment he laid eyes on her! He was supposed to be in awe of her natural beauty, dry wit and flighty attitude. He was not supposed to ignore her; he was supposed to fall madly in love with her! It happens all the time!

“Ray, let’s go,” Kai whispered to him as she looked at the young female on the bed with a sense of pity in her eyes. “She’s too far gone for the two of us to handle.”

“You’re right,” Ray said sadly as he reluctantly pulled away from her.

Then, the two of them turned their backs on the hysterically crying woman and walked out through the door, letting it shut behind them. They both felt a sense of defeat and yet knew there was nothing more they could have done. They could not help someone who felt she didn’t need help in the first place.

Asia’s road to recovery will be a long one, which was for sure. But she will get there…well, they hope so for her father’s sake.

Speaking of which, Kai had to inform him that their conversation didn’t go exactly to plan.