Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Amulet of Life ❯ Almost in ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay this is the third chapter and if you have any questions once again e-mail me at mulherin@nbnet.nb.ca so here we go

Chapter three

Madison's P.O.V

I hate the taste of mud. It is no fit thing for a being of air and fire. The cloying weight of earth oppresses me greatly whenever I come into contact with it. That is why I am choosy about my incarnations. Birds, good. Insects, good. Bats, okay. Things that run fast are fine. Tree dwellers are even better. Subterranean things, not good. Moles, bad.

There's no point being fastidious when you have a protective shield to bypass. I had reasoned correctly that it did not extend underground. The mole dug its way deep, deep down, under the foundations of the wall. No magical alarm sounded, though I did hit my head five times on a pebble (1). I burrowed upward again, reaching the surface after twenty minutes of snuffling, scruffling, and turning my beady nose up at juicy worms. I uncovered after every couple of scrapes.

END MADISON'S P.O.V

The mole poked its head cautiously out of the little pile of earth it had driven through the immaculate surface of Tala Ivanov's lawn. It looked around, checking out the scene. There were lights on in the house, on the ground floor. The curtains were drawn. The upper floors, from what the mole could see, were dark. The translucent blue span of the magical defense system arched overhead. One yellow sentry trudged its stupid way ten feet above the shrubbery. The other two were presumably behind the house.

MADISON'S P.O.V

I tried the seventh plane again. Still nothing, still that uneasy sense of danger. Oh, well.

END MADISON'S P.O.V (Wasn't that short =P)

The mole retreated underground and tunneled below the grass roots toward the house. It reappeared in the flowerbed just below the nearest windows. It was thinking hard. There was no point in going further in this guise, tempting though it was to try to break into the cellars. A different method would have to be found.

To the moles furry ears came the sound of clinking glasses and laughter. It was surprisingly loud, echoing from very close by. An air vent, cracked with age, was set in the wall not two feet away. It led indoors.

MADISON'S P.OV (This one will be short too!)

With some relief I became a fly.

Okay so that chapter had only one number in it this is why I put it there:

Once each on five different pebbles not five times on the same pebble.

Not that, that needed to be explained but some people get mixed up. Or as Madison would say: Sometimes you humans can be so dense.

Remember to REVIEW if you like this fic. Bye 4 now.