Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Blue Eyes ❯ The story ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

"Idiot"

"Stuck-up"

"Dumb"

"Heard he failed his last test so bad they had him in negative numbers"

They really think they’re clever, don’t they? I mean, really, they’ve been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember. They could at least come up with some new insults.

And for the record, I’ve never failed a test in my life.

No one knows what it's like
To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies

Lies, lies, lies, simple yet complicated.

That’s the essence of it, you see. Your lie must be simple, not over done, and yet you must have just the right amount of details to make it accurate.

Simple yet complicated.

And I am the Master.

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

Sometimes I think I remember a time when I wasn’t lying, but most of the time I think that’s pure fantasy. How can it not be?

All my life I’ve heard the usual warnings.

Don’t drink and drive.

Don’t smoke.

Don’t do drugs.

And don’t tell lies.

But really, who goes all of their lives without breaking one of these rules?

Most people, in the course of their lifetimes, break each and every one of these rules at least once.

But then there are people like me who only ever break one of these rules, but break it constantly.

Not because they have a reason; merely because it’s in their nature.

Sometimes I really hate nature.

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

Okay, I’m almost there . . . hold it. It’s 2:50, and we’re supposed to be there at 3:00. So I have at least half an hour of waiting to do.

Not because they’re late; but because they expect me to be.

It makes them feel better about themselves.

Oh, shoot, here comes Hilary and Zeo. Gotta hide . . .

Oh, that’s good Tyson, hide up a tree where you can hear everything they’re saying.

That’ll be really good for your mental health.

Note the sarcasm.

No one knows what it's like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you

Of course, this would be the day they decide to sit around and talk about me.

Seriously, the day I am literally stuck up a tree and unable to move for fear of them finding out that I’m here is the day they decide to discuss just how much I’m bringing down the team.

They seriously need hobbies.

Zeo’s down there sticking up for me. Zeo’s a good kid, very loyal to me- but he’ll crack. He’ll believe them soon enough.

You know, this isn’t actually my fault. Up until she died when I was twelve my mother raised me to be like this.

‘Don’t let anybody see who you really are, or they’ll hurt you’

‘Don’t give into them’

‘Make them laugh about lies and they’ll believe you’

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure she meant well. But now I can’t stop pretending. And that is bothersome.

No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

Okay, that’s right, onto that branch, then that one, slide down the tree, and loop around so they don’t know you came from that direction. Now start breathing hard and race in there, falling flat on your face.

I could do this in my sleep it’s so much of a ritual.

But I still hate it when they laugh.

It’s supposed to be a good thing that they’re laughing, according to Mom. ‘Cause if they’re laughing they bought the lie.

Which may well be why it hurts, and why I get angry.

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

"Shut up!"

oh no. I did not just say that out loud.

Oh, lord, I did.

That’s right, back up slowly, argh they’re getting up, RUN!

I wasn’t supposed to do that, I wasn’t supposed to do that, I wasn’t supposed to do that . . .

When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool

Okay, where to go, I know they’re following me, but they can’t catch me, not in my town . . . aha! The roofs! That’ll stop them!

When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

Oh, good, I’m in the right part of town. My Mom taught me every escape in the city, and made me memorize every street, every tunnel, and, yes, every RR as they’re called.

If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat

RR stands for Roof-road- it’s literally a set of roofs that we use to get around more quickly. I say ‘we’ because foreigners- people who haven’t lived here all their lives- which includes every other member of the Bladebreakers but myself- not only don’t know about them, but if they every discovered them they would be chased off immediately. You have to be brought by someone well known and get introduced to the owners of the roofs before you can use them.

If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

Alright, I’m calmer now and walking back towards the Dojo. When I see the guys I’ll just tell them I had had a bad day and laugh it off, no problem. I just over reacted, that’s all all.

They’ll believe me.

They always do.

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes . . .

Rain: well? What do you think? I liked it, personally, but I’d like to see what you think. I’ll even take flames, so review, please!