Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Demons Rising ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade! Never have, never well! Katsu and Amaya belong to a friend of mine and I have her permission to use them. I will name the other OC's and whom they belong to as they appear.
 
Thank and enjoy the fic. Please R&R.
 
 
Chapter 1:
 
The park in the east district of Kyoto was lit dimly by the lights from the streets and those that were placed on the park pathways.  In the distance you could make out the last of the fading colours of the sunset.

Near one of the many playgrounds that were scattered throughout the park, two young boys - about 12 - got ready to battle, bringing out their launchers and Beyblades.  The Moon, stars, and distant streetlights, gave them just the right amount of light to see the dish they were going to use.

They took their places and launched their blades into the dish, commanding their blades to attack.  The noises of the battle aroused the curiosity of the few kids that were still in the park at this time of night.

A few kids gathered around the dish that was set in the middle of two battlers, watching the heated battle that was already underway.  The two blades smashed against each other repeatedly, sending sparks in various directions.  Lights could be seen glowing from the center of the blades.  The battle went on like this for a little while longer neither one gaining an advantage over the other.

Then the boy on the left side of the dish - closest to the jungle gym that was in the small play area - suddenly clutched his head between his hands, as if in extreme pain, and drop to his knees.  “No, no, no…” he mumbled repeatedly.  Some of the gathered children noticed that the once steady, light purple glow of his blade had turned to a violent indigo colour, laced with red and black.

“What's going on?”  One of the spectators questioned fearfully, his eyes widening till the whites of his eyes showed, as he looked from blade to blader, then back again.

“I don't know but I think we should leave.”  Said another as he started to back away, heading for the safety of the other side of the park.

The boy's opponent held up his hand about to recall his blade, when the other boy howled in agony, dropping so his forehead touched the cool, damp grass.

“Hey man, are you okay?”

The boy slowly dropped his hands from his head and started to sit up.  His hands holding him up so he was on all fours.  His dark, sweat-soaked hair hung in his eyes obscuring them from view.   His shoulders rose and fell as he took in huge gulps of air.  His breathing was raspy and hollow, giving it a kind of echoed demonic feel.

The other boy walked over cautiously, to see if his opponent was okay.  “Dude, are you sure you're okay… maybe you should go to the hospital?”  He crouched down next to him and reached for his arm to help him up.

“NO!! Don't touch me!”  He screamed scrambling away from him.  He came to a stop with his back pressed against the jungle gym that was there, his chest rising and falling rapidly, almost like he couldn't get enough air, or had run a marathon.

“Hey what's going on?  We heard screaming?”  Asked two teens as they came running up from somewhere in the park.

“I don't know.  We were having a Bey-battle and he just started screaming.   I tried to help him up, so we could take him to the doctors but he told me not to touch him.”

“Hey kid, you okay?”  The teen that had spoken asked.  She walked over carefully so as not to scare the boy, holding her hands out in front of her, to show she was unarmed.  She crouched down next to him, and tilted her head to the side so she could see his face.

She gasped in fear and scrambled backwards on her hands and feet, biting back a scream of terror that was threatening to spill out her mouth.

“Aya, what's the matter?” The second teen asked, speaking for the first time.

“His eyes… they - they're not normal.”  She whispered.  If she didn't whisper, or try and keep her voice down, she was going to scream, and that probably wouldn't help their situation very much.   Especially with how volatile the young boy seemed to be getting.

His fist were clenching and unclenching at his sides, and his breathing was once again returning to the demonic way it was earlier, before the teens arrived.  Suddenly laughter spilled from the boy's lips, an evil, blood chilling laugh that made everyone close enough to hear it, shudder with fear.  “I suggest you all leave now.”  The boy said in a voice that was definitely not made to come out of his mouth.

“This is starting to get really twisted.”  Said the teen that was still standing.  “Come on let's get out of here.”  He pushed the younger boy behind him and started to back up slowly not wanting to attract the boy-demon's attention.  “Come on Amaya, time to go.”

“I'm right behind you Katsu.”  She mumbled as she quickly but cautiously got to her feet.

The laughter once again rang out through the park, sending icy shivers up and down peoples spines.  The boy-demon's blade was still spinning in the dish; still glowing with that eerie light.  The girl looked at it out of the corner of her eye, and gasped when she saw it.  The same colour that was glowing from the bit-chip was the same colour that now filled the boy's eyes.

It's the Bit-Beast. She thought in haunted realization. The Bit-Beast has taken control of its blader, but why, how?

“Katsu,” she called back over her shoulder as she started backing up again.  The boy-demon had made it back to his feet and was walking over to the Bey-dish.  “We have to get out of here now.”  She said forcefully, taking larger steps backwards, trying to get away from the advancing boy quickly.

Now that the possessed boy was standing, Katsu got a good look at what had scared Amaya so much.  His eyes widened and he nodded, “For once sis, I'm forced to agree with you.”

By this time the boy had reached the dish and was staring at his Beyblade strangely.  He mumbled something and then seemed to be fighting with himself.

Amaya and Katsu blinked and came to the same conclusion simultaneously.  The boy is fighting back, trying to regain control.

They watched for a few minutes as the mental battle continued, unable to tear the eyes away from the scene.  The boy dropped to his knees, once again screaming.  “Run!  Quickly, please run!”

The spectators snapped out of their daze and started to make a run for it.   Slowing a bit only when the heard the maniacal laughter again.  It called something out in a language that was not Japanese, and the ground began to shake.

“RUN!!” Katsu yelled picking up his speed and heading for the park gates, hoping to escape before whatever was about to happen, happened.

The ground rose and fell suddenly, leaving the fleeing people no time in between to regain their balance, even slightly.  Everyone was sprawled on the ground some nursing injuries, others already scrambling to their feet.

Amaya rolled onto her back to look at the cause of the “quake”.  He had his hands out in front of him and out of his hands was spilling black light, and it was slowly swallowing everything around it.

“Oh, Kami-sama.  Run, everybody run.”

The people that surrounded her turned to look at what she seemed to be so terrified of, and screamed.  They hastily got to their feet, and started once again running toward the park gates.

The last person stumbled through the gate just as the park was engulfed in the demonic black light that had been spilling from the boys hands.

Amaya sat next to Katsu as they regained their breath.  “This is the third incident like this I've heard about.  Blader's acting crazy and no one knowing the reason why.  But now that I've seen it first hand.  I think I have an idea about what might be going on.”

“Really, and what might that be?”  Katsu asked, genuinely curious.

Amaya pushed herself to her feet and started walking down the sidewalk.  “Come on, I'll explain it to you on the way to Kyoto's BBA Headquarters.”

“The BBA?  Why are we going there?”

“I was heading there anyway when you caught up to me.  They have to be told.  So they can hopefully start to figure out what's causing this and fix the problem.”



Amaya and Katsu sat in two chairs that were facing the desk of the President of the Kyoto BBA branch.  Katsu had his arms crossed over his chest and was glaring at the man who was at the moment talking to his sister, not taking in a word she was saying.  

They'd been there for at least two hours.  The first had been spent waiting outside the man's office; waiting for him to get out of a meeting.  The last hour had been repeating them selves about the incident they had witnessed in the park.

“I understand what you are trying to say, Ms. Ryusumi.  But that fact is that what you are telling me is just not possible.”  He explained calmly, treating the teen girl like she was a child.

“And I'm telling you it is!”  Amaya yelled coming to her feet and slamming her hands down on the man's desk.  The chair she had been sitting in toppled backwards.  “We saw it ourselves,” she added calmly, more calmly than she felt.   “If you don't do something now… or at least call someone else who can do something, then people may get hurt.”

Katsu joined in then, “People have already gotten hurt, and it could have been a lot worse if we hadn't been walking through the park anyway.”

“And how was it that you were walking through the park at just the right moment, to witness this, spectacle?” the President asked sceptically, eyeing the siblings suspiciously.

“What are you implying?” Amaya demanded, golden eyes glaring.

“That we, ourselves, are the ones responsible… if it's true that is.  Isn't that right Mr. President?”  Katsu said tilting his chair back and resting his feet on the desk.

“Well it would explain what you were doing in the park at the exact right moment.”

Amaya's hands dropped from the desk and went to her sides, where the clenched and unclenched, showing Amaya's struggle to not hit or beak something.   “We were in the park at that time, because we were on our way here, to warn you of the situation that we are here now explaining to you.”  She spat out from between clenched teeth.

“Ah, so this wasn't the first incident then.”

The siblings shook their heads.  “What does that have to do with anything?”

“Maybe nothing, maybe everything.”  He shrugged, his answer not satisfying either of the teens.



The doors to the Kyoto Beyblade Stadium "whooshed" open and closed as the two teens exited the large building.  They headed up the walkway to the street beyond, which was illuminated by the street lamps.  The cars of the Stadiums employee's filled the parking lot and lined the street.

Amaya reached the street first, dodging a swipe from her brother.  Her waist length, braided platinum blonde hair swinging behind her, as she spun around.  Her chin length bangs partially hid her golden eyes, giving her a mysterious and mischievous air.  The light from the street lamps glinted off the three stud earrings she had in each ear, the ear cuff in her left, and the golden spiral armlet she had on her right arm.  

She danced away grinning at the frustrated look on her brother's face.  She came to a stop below a street lamp, allowing the light to wash over her.  She dusted off her orange tank-top with two yellow stars, and dark blue jeans, straightening them out a bit as well, and knocked her black shoes against the sidewalk.  She also tugged on the wrists of her blue fingerless gloves, which had the symbol for wildcat on the backs in kanji.

The boy growled angrily at the platinum haired girl's antics.  “Would you grow-up Amaya?”  He snarled as he passed her.   “Sometimes I can't believe we're related… let alone twins.”  He sighed in frustration running a hand through his spiky silver hair, his gold eyes angry.

“Aw, come on Katsu.  You're not still mad at me are you?”  She asked in a slightly whiny voice that she knew would annoy her twin brother.  She leapt onto his back and hugged him from behind.  “I said I was sorry.”

He un-latched her arms from around his neck and dumped her on the ground.  “So, it's not like you mean it. And you'll just do it again anyways.”  He snapped at her. He straightened his black jean jacket over his blue t-shirt, dusted off his baggy red, black, and silver pants, before turning around and stomping off in the direction of home, his blue sneakers smashing into the cement below, like he was trying to pour his frustration and anger at his sister into it.  The belt that hung around his waist loosely swung violently with each angry step he took.

“Hey wait up!”  Amaya yelled as she hopped to her feet and ran to catch up with her brother.  “It's not like I ever use your precious rare parts anyway… I just take them to annoy you.  I'd never use them without permission, Katsu.”

“I know, I know.  Okay I'll drop it, if you promise not to take ANY of my parts for… two weeks.”  He said grinning at his sister watching her reaction out of the corner of his eye.

“Nani, for two whole weeks?  Man that sucks.” She whined, pouting up at her brother, who was only slightly taller than her own 5'7.

“That's the deal sister.  Take it or leave it.”  He grinned triumphantly when he saw the look of defeat that flashed over Amaya's face.

“Fine, two weeks then.”

“Good… So what do you think about what the Kyoto BBA director said… about what we told him?”  He asked, coming back to the problem that they had been discussing not too long ago.

“I don't think he's going to take us seriously.  Well at least not until something happens right under his big nose.” Steamed Amaya kicking a rock that was in her path.  “I mean why would we lie about something like that… no one in the Beyblade world wants to here that Bit-Beasts are going crazy, and taking control of their bladers.  Hell I didn't even want to know.”

“What do you think we should do?”

“Don't know.  It might have just been our imaginations,” Katsu gave her an incredulous look.  “Okay we know it wasn't our imaginations.  We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled for anything suspicious.  If it gets worse, well bring it to the Kyoto branches attention again.”

“And if they don't do anything, which we know they won't.  What then, let the Bit-Beasts take over and sit back and do nothing?”  He accused glaring at the ground.  He wasn't mad at Amaya, not this time.  He was upset with the Kyoto BBA's unwillingness to do anything about the problem that they had brought to their attention.

“Of course not Kat, don't be a baka.   We'll tell people who can bring it to the attention of the head of the BBA… or we'll go tell Mr. Dickinson ourselves.  He'll believe us.”  Mentally she said, “He has to.”