Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Flight Risk ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Flight Risk

Summary: Brooklyn hates flying, especially on commercial airplanes. Too many people. This flight is the worst yet. He has unwillingly caught a young woman’s gaze and now she’s trying flirt with him. She then gets violent when he turns her down. What will Brooklyn do?

Pairings: Brooklyn/Kai

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Scarlet Shades. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. Mild sexual reference and swearing involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

As he eased himself into his seat, Brooklyn took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as he leaned his head back to rest on the head rest behind him. He pinched the bridge of his nose, wishing that this ordeal was over with already.

He hated large commercial airplanes. Private jets and small passenger planes were bad enough, but a large airbus filled to the brim with noisy, smelly and sometimes obnoxious people often did his head in.

This flight to Japan is destined to take a few hours out of his life, and he can only hope that things go smoothly, and hopefully get some sleep to make the trip go quicker.

He wasn’t afraid of flying, per se, just the large masses of people that were surrounding him, entrapping him into the confinements of his seat. The hum of the lights, the roar of the engines, and the movement of the plane cutting through the air at tremendous speed gave him a headache. He longed for the quiet serenity of nature, the calm, smoothing effects it had on his soul.

Looking at the masses of people sitting in middle class, he can’t help but frown to himself when he noticed a few young mothers with babies, barely reaching the age of 8 months old. It was beyond Brooklyn’s comprehension why any mother would subject her baby to such heights, especially so young.

Jetlag is bad enough as a healthy adult, how would that poor child cope?

A grimace appeared on his face, pessimistically predicting that as soon as this plane was airborne, those children are going to wake and start screaming at the top of their lungs. He could just feel it happening.

Suddenly, his eyes were drawn to the front of the plane were the sight of a beautiful young woman with fiery long hair and skin a golden brown greeted him.

She wore a black tube dress that appeared to be a size too small for her, and way too short to be even considered a dress. It clung to her curves like a second skin, lifting her bust and enhancing her cleavage. Around her neck hung a blue men’s tie, loosely done up. The tie held no purpose, other than the draw attention to her cleavage, which appeared to be something she was proud of.

Her large bust, totally out of proportion of the rest of her slim body, bounced as she walked, her long, perfectly toned legs taking large strides of pure confidence. Her ‘dress’ ended just below the curl of her butt, covering just enough, but doing very little to hide the fact that she was only wearing the bare minimal of lacy undergarments.

She also wore these black sheer stockings that ended mid thigh and held there with a crimson red piece of ribbon, tied into a bow, entwined with black lace. On her feet was a pair of black stiletto ankle boots, so tall the heels that Brooklyn wondered how on earth she was able to stand in them let alone walk.

Lifting up a hand that was covered in a glove made out of a fishnet type material, she casually flicked her silky long crimson red hair over her shoulder, letting it flow over her shoulder like a river of fire, ending in the middle of her shoulder blades. Through the luscious locks were streaks of blonde, highlighting her hair as it framed her face, bright silver eyes shimmering under the artificial lights like stars.

Brooklyn had never seen anyone dressed quite like her before and he can’t help but wonder how such tight clothing could actually be comfortable to wear.

Suddenly, the young woman stopped next to his seat and looked at him with her eyes, eyes that seemed to stare into his soul for a moment before moving to take in the rest of his body. Brooklyn felt a strange sensation in the pit of his stomach.

“Oh, this appears to be my seat,” she said as she pointed to the vacant window seat next to him, her blood red lips turning up in a smile. “Excuse me.”

Brooklyn straightened in his seat in politeness, allowing her free range to move to her seat, but she moved purposely slowly around him, her legs brushing against his, her butt pointing seductively out towards him.

“Oh, it’s so tight in these seats,” she giggled into her hand as she finally sat down, her dress slipping up to expose more skin on her thigh.

“Quite,” Brooklyn muttered, trying his best to be polite.

The young woman than crossed her legs, her foot pointing toward Brooklyn, the toe of her boot just touching his ankle. “I guess we’re stuck together for the most of this flight, aren’t we?”

Brooklyn slouched in his seat again and let his head fall back, purposely crossing his own legs away from her. “So it would appear.”

He wasn’t in the mood for a conversation, especially not with a woman he barely knows. He wasn’t a very social creature at the best of times, and at the worst of times? Well, you better watch out!

“I usually hate flying commercially,” she continued, seemingly ignoring that closed off body language Brooklyn was presenting her with. She continued to look at him, her eyelashes fluttering with a come hither gaze. “But I have a feeling this trip will be an interesting one, don’t you?”

Brooklyn was in no mood for this. “No doubt.”

“Hmm,” she hums and leaned to the side in his seat, moving so that she could lean closer to him and trailed a finger slowly up the arm of his white jacket. Her finger caused a bolt of electricity to shoot up his arm and Brooklyn abruptly ripped his arm away like he was physically shocked by something.

“My name is Scarlet Shade,” she seemed to purr at him, fluttering her eyelashes yet again and giggled at his reaction toward her. “You might have heard of me, I’m a model on my way to Japan for my next photo shoot.”

A model, huh? To Brooklyn, she looked like one of those trashy Playboy models that sport superstars date when they’re older. Then that brought on the question; just how old is she? Her face was heavy with make-up and her body didn’t appear to be that of an average 17 year old, but then again he had seen 14 year-olds dressing as if they were 17 and 18 years of age, so it was hard to tell anymore.

“You’re name is Brooklyn, isn’t it?” the woman now known to him as Scarlet said, turning in her seat so that both elbows rested on the arm rest between them. She folded her hands under her chin; her bust being crushed between her forearms, enhancing her cleavage even more, if that was physically possible.

Slowly, Brooklyn turned his head to face the girl, a feeling of dread in his stomach. She wasn’t a fangirl, was she?

“That’s right.”

Scarlet parted her lips ever so slightly and ran her little pink tongue over the blood red lips. “You know, you’re a lot more cuter than on TV.”

That was supposed to be a compliment, but Brooklyn didn’t feel very flattered. In fact, he felt a bit queasy at the way she continued to stare at him. He felt like a piece of meat being watched over by a vulture.

The sudden announcement from the plane’s captain broke the awkward silence and Brooklyn hastily did up his seatbelt, grateful for the interruption. But then, from the corner of his eye, he noticed that Scarlet was only half-hearted trying to put her seatbelt on.

“I’m having trouble getting this thing right,” she said. “Could you help?”

“Sure,” he said and then surprisingly her immensely, he called for the air hostess. “She’s having trouble adjust her belt. Could you help her?” he explained as the slender brown haired woman approached.

“Oh, that would be no problem,” she said cheerfully and leaned over to help the crimson redheaded woman adjust her belt to fit snuggly over her lap.

Brooklyn couldn’t help but inwardly grin when he earned himself a very fearsome glare from the woman next to him. She glared at him with narrow silver eyes for a long moment before she abruptly slammed her back against the seat and folded her arms over her chest and pouted.

“Jerk,” she muttered.

Brooklyn merely sighed and pressed two of his fingers to his forehead. The plane hadn’t even taken to the air yet and he was already feeling nauseated and heavy in the head. The presence of the young woman next to him was not helping at all.

Actually, she appeared to be the cause of it. The overpowering sense of sickly perfume and the unnatural amount of make-up on her face made his eyes water and his nose ticklish. He had to lift a hand and pinch the bridge of his nose to stop a sneeze from escaping.

There was no way in hell he was going to survive the hours long trip to Japan without suppressing the urge to commit homicide. The super model next to him would be his first victim.

Rubbing his temples with his fingers, Brooklyn counted to ten in his head and then found himself thinking about Kai. He had often seen the wielder of the Phoenix blade do the exact same thing, usually accompanied by the muttering of murderous intent under his breath.

Brooklyn felt a sense of calm as he thought about Kai. For a reason still unsure to him, the enigma seemed to be able to calm him down somewhat. His mere presence alone able to quell the darkness his bitbeast can sometimes place upon him. Zeus’ power came from the darkness of his heart and the hearts of humanity around him, and Kai, and his bitbeast of holy fire, was able to push back that darkness, smoothing him.

To him, Kai was absolutely fascinating; the pinnacle of mysteriousness and aloofness. It was quite remarkable how he was able to literally disappear from radar for hours on end, even with his teammates of G Revolution stalking the city streets looking for him.

He would often appear hours later like a cat meandering in, a look on his face that said; I don’t have to tell you anything. And he never did, no matter how many accusations and questions fired in his direction.

They weren’t exactly the best of friends, but they are on talking terms. Kai, often times, looked annoyed with his presence, and yet never told him to take a hike like he did to many of the others around him. It was then that he realized that they were probably ‘friends’. But as of late, his feelings for the crimson eyed teen wasn’t considered ‘friendly’, far from it.

Never been the one to actually seek someone’s company before, Brooklyn had found himself on many occasions looking for Kai, seeking him out just to hang around with him for the day. When he was angry, he would seek him out and just sit with him for a while, letting Kai’s comforting aura soothe him back into a peaceful state he was known for.

He wasn’t sure if Kai knew of his fascination for him, as he never said anything, nor did he try anything to avoid him. In fact, most of the time he appeared to be waiting for him to make an appearance.

So, maybe he was experiencing what MingMing so thoughtfully told him was a crush. He was crushing on Kai and he can’t help but wonder what he would think if he ever found out.

He’s reaction would be interesting to say the least.

“First time flying, huh?” Scarlet suddenly asked with a sense of almost mockery in her voice before lifting a hand to run through her hair. “Not for me, when you’re a model, you live a very jet setting lifestyle. It’s a real blast, sometimes.”

Brooklyn rolled his eyes as she flicked at her hair again. But didn’t she say earlier that she didn’t like flying? He wasn’t entirely sure, though. He wasn’t paying her much attention, too busy in his thoughts about Kai.

The thought of Kai suddenly brought a smile to his face. Too bad he wasn’t here at the moment, he’d rather have a grumpy Kai that this strange woman next to him. Then, he had the image of Kai seductively running his finger up his arm and he shivered from the imaginary touch.

“Oh, I see,” Scarlet muttered, a smug smirk appearing on her lips. “You’re fidgeting for another reason, hm? How cute, you think you can handle this?”

Brooklyn raised an eyebrow toward the ceiling when she folded an arm under her bust, making it bounce a little. If she was talking about handling her haughty, egotistical and irritating attitude, then no, he can’t handle it. But if she was talking about…

Brooklyn stiffened in his seat and almost gagged, throwing up a little in his mouth at the thought of even touching that thing next to him.

Oh, no way in hell!