Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hollywood ending? ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Beyblade is owned by Aoki Takao. I'm only borrowing his characters for this fanficion
 
I sighed as I sat in the room. I couldn't back out now; I had to go through with this. If I wasn't going to tell him today, I would never do so. But it was so hard, how should I start? What would I say? How would he react? To the regret of many, including myself, there is no book titled: 1000 ways to confess your love. There is no solid tactic, no ground rule. Nothing, nada, zip. Every situation was different. And this was no exception
 
I always liked romances. The traditional boy meets girl, boy likes girl, girl likes boy stories always fascinated me. I always hoped that that was the way it would be in the real world. Man, was I mistaken. For one thing, I didn't like a girl.
We've known each other for so long. We were kind of forced together so to speak. Always sharing rooms during our tournaments. After a while I started getting used to his behaviour, and very soon I realised I had fallen in love with my team mate.
 
This in itself was no problem. I've known I was gay since forever, but it was the fact that this man was a team mate. Even in the best case scenario, nothing would ever be the same again. For the past couple of years I've been able to act normally. I never looked in his direction longer than necessary; I never paid extra attention to him. And luckily for my pride I never bowed down before his feet. But heaven knows I was close a few times. Something about him just made me want to surrender. But lately it was getting harder to act normal. He started trusting me and talked to me about more serious things. We were growing closer in friendship and I was having more trouble hiding my feelings. I was careful around him, hoping I wouldn't slip up.
 
Knowing that it wasn't good for my mental health I knew I had to do this. I'd slipped him a note, telling him to meet me in the room we shared in about two hours. He'd looked at me warily, but nodded. He was already 10 minutes late. I nearly fell asleep when I noticed a beam of light enter the room.
“You wanted to talk?”
It sounded so strange, so business like so unlike him. I can't face him, but in an effort I sit up and look at the wall in front of me. I open my mouth, but words stick in my throat. Come on, no use being a coward now.
“Well?”
I feel the mattress shift and his scent enters my nose. My mind is getting clouded with visions of him and me, together, entwined, complete. I gulp, slightly shaking my head to get the visions out of my head. He misunderstands the gesture and stands up.
“Then don't talk.”
 
I see him turning from the corner of my eye and I feel my hand grabbing his wrist. He looks at me, probably confused. I still can't look at his face
“Wait.”
Taking a few gulps of air I try to summon my heart back in my chest and pump some courage in it. My legs work on their own accord and I stand up, right in front of him. My eyes are fixed on his shirt; it all seemed so much easier to do if I don't have to see those eyes. If I do, I'll drown in them, and then all would be lost.
“I just wanted to say this.”
 
But I say nothing at all. I put my hands in his hair and pull him forward in a kiss. For a second it seems like I might finally get my wish, until rough hands push me out of the way. Standing so close to the bed I fall onto it, and in the confusion I look up. I should have never looked into those eyes. Maybe then I wouldn't have felt the way I do now.
His eyes are filled with hate, disgust, anger, betrayal. His mouth is set in a sneer and his hands are clenched in fists. Seeing my confused look he turns for the door. Opening it he gives me one last glare.
“Do that again and I'll kill you.”
He slams the door shut, leaving me alone in the room. Picking up the leftover pieces of my heart, I fight against the tears that are ready to break free. I should have known, nothing good ever happens to me. I'm never that lucky.
 
No, this certainly was not at all like those Hollywood movies. There was no happy ending
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
Hmm…first attempt at something remotely male/male. Just popped in my head. There is no obvious pairing in here, so I'll leave it up to the reader to decide whether it's Kai/Ray, Kai/Ty, Ty/Max, etc etc. There are so many pairings out there.
 
Hoped you enjoyed.
 
Read, review, flame…your choice.