Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Tala ❯ I Am Tala ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Beyblade but lucky for me I do own the song….
 
“What are you?..”
 
I can't even begin to count how many people have said that to me in my life. I'll give you a few names. Tyson, Kenny, Mariah, Kevin, Lee, Emily, Michael, Eddy, Steven, Johnny, Robert, Enrique, Oliver… you want me to go on?
All of them either fear me, hate me, abhor me or mock me.
I don't hate them. I don't know how to hate but if I did I'm pretty sure that I would because what they say about me hurt. They think I don't know what their calling me behind my back. Freak. Abomination. Creep. Psycho. Madman. Killing machine. I could go on forever..
 
I don't remember anything about my time in the abbey. The only thing I remember is pain and a strange feeling - like I'm drowning. That, I figured, must be when I'm in one of those tubes and the worked on robotizing me.
The thing is I don't know what to think of myself. It's confusing being me. I don't know what's it's like to hate or love. The only emotions I know are anger and fear… but that doesn't mean I don't feel other emotions.
I remember that one day, weeks after we escaped from the abbey, some of the bladers decided to go shopping. Planned of course by the females. It actually surprised me when they invited us, the demolition boys, to go with them. I remember Mariah actually trying to be nice to me and asked me if I liked the pink shirt she was holding.
I told her I didn't know. She told me to be serious… I was being serious. I kept telling her I really didn't know and in the end I think I freaked her out badly. She looked at me funnily, smiled strangely and walked of. She never, ever talked to me again.
That hurt me. It really did.
And once there was Tyson. We, meaning the Bladebreakers and Demolition Boys, were watching a movie. It was horror movie. Everyone was scared at least once even Kai and Bryan had jumped a couple of times. Everyone… except me.
Tyson was scared shitless. When everyone reassured him that there were no such thing as flesh-eating zombies he turned to me and asked me how I could watch the entire movie with a calm expression without looking away or jumping once.
I told him I didn't know… he didn't believe me. He glared at me and said to his friend, Max, that it was probably because I'm a robot and they don't feel.
 
I didn't expect them to treat me any different actually. I guess, it was just hope. Even my team is kind of, I don't know, distant since I was turned into a cyborg. I try to ignore it and act like nothing has changed but it's difficult. It hurts like a bitch to see even my own teammates act like I'm some kind of…monster.
I also remember that once it became to much. I excused myself and practically ran to my bedroom. I cried and cried and cried until I tried to clean my cheeks. I looked into the mirror and stopped crying immediately. Oil.. my tears are made of oil…
I've never cried since.
It was not long after all those happenings that the media found out about me and found it very interesting. I watched sadly how slowly no-one seemed to want to be my fan anymore, nobody wanted to cheer on the Demolition Boys no more. I read the magazines. I saw the news.
One day there was an interview. The Demolition Boys had to come or else it would look awkward but I had a feeling people would have preferred us gone. It shocked me when the cameras and microphones were suddenly directed my way. They didn't ask questions. They just stared and looked at me, mocking me.
Finally I got a little angry but asked calmly if anything was wrong.
“No”, a woman said, smirking, “Nothing's wrong. we just wanted to see if you would malfunction if we directed all the machinery to you, hahahaha.”
And again I hurt. I felt like crying but letting them see my tears of oil would not be a good idea.
 
I started to doubt. What was I really? I wasn't human and I refused to be a robot. I spend days in my room. With no food, no water, no sleep even - nothing. Just laying in my bed thinking and none of my `teammates' bothered to knock on the door and see if I'm alright.
One day I just got sick of my room and went to the park. I simply walked circles around the place. Everyone kept looking at me strangely wondering if my batteries were low. I ignored them.
I kept thinking and thinking. What was I? I had to know. Maybe then I could finally tell if loved or hated someone or something.
“What am I?” I whispered to myself and to my surprise someone actually answered. I looked up from the floor I was glaring at. It was a girl.
I still remember how she looked after all this time and I only talked to her once. I saw her twice.
“Excuse me?” she had said glaring at me a little. I didn't know what to say. Maybe she thought I had insulted her or something. I muttered a sorry and tried to walk passed her but she wouldn't let me. She was still glaring at me.
“You said `what am I?'. Correct?” she said with a very Russian accent. Her crimson colored lips making her perfect teeth seem even more white. A looked straight into her pitch-black eyes. They were ruthless and powerful. I had to look away almost at once.
I muttered a yes and started to feel a little afraid of the girl. She made me think of the abbey. Her glare hardened.
“Is that the question you should be asking yourself?”
“Yes.” I had said before I could think about it and surprisingly her glare softened.
“Then answer it.. Tala.” She had been at the abbey. I knew that not every stranger who knew me by the name had to be in the abbey. They just had to have a television to know but I know it for sure. The feeling of fear she gave me - it… it suddenly felt… sweet. Strange.
She kept looking at me, waiting for an answer. She wasn't going to let me pass until I gave her one. I opened my mouth to say what I thought was the answer when she said suddenly.
“Your answer had better please me, Tala.”
I looked down to the floor. What am I? Let's start with the facts. I had red hair, flaming red hair. Icy blue eyes. Pale skin. I had no idea what was inside my body. I didn't even know if I still had a heart or a brain. I wouldn't be surprised if there were chips or something in their place. But what was I?
I looked up suddenly.
“I am …” and she was gone…
I smiled. For the first time in a very, very long time I smiled. I silently thanked whoever that angel was. That was the second best moment of my life but as I was saying it only was a moment.
The minute I got back into the house I shared with my `teammates' my smile melted off my face.
They had laughed but as soon as they spotted me they froze and looked serious and even… scared? Could they think that- maybe it was.
And then I knew. They thought that I was exactly like Boris and Voltaire because I was an android and they made me so they thought… my thoughts stopped. It hurt again. Suddenly just like that it hurt…
 
I tried to make them see I was still who I was and no machine that had been stuffed into my body could change that but it was useless. They probably thought this was some kind of test to see if they would be baited into letting their guard down. In no time I gave up, completely. I didn't know what to do with my so called `life' anymore.
My memory shows that I was sitting in the kitchen looking or rather glaring at my coffee when the phone rang. It was Kai asking me to come over. He sounded different. It was like someone was forcing him to talk. It made me think for a moment but then again it was usually one of the others who called maybe he did it for a dare or something. He never really liked talking.
It also confused me that I had to do alone because the rest had obviously left without me.
That confused me further. How could they know that Kai called?
I walked over to the Phoenix's mansion and stopped when the gates closed automatically. I looked around with a confused expression.
People dressed in black, holding guns that were pointed at me were all over the place. One of them, the leader obviously walked forward and said.
“Put your hands were we can see them and walk over to us slowly.”
I shook me head. My hands remained were they were. In my jeans pocket. I raised my eyebrow when I saw normally dressed people behind the… what were they? Cops? FBI?
“I will ask you one more time if you don't do it we will have to shoot you.” Said the same man.
“Why?” I whispered but I knew they heard me. The man looked at the person beside him and pulled a strange face.
“Because you're a robot aren't you?”
“Well actua-”
“So in other words that means you're an `it' and because an `it' can belong to someone-“
“Get to the point!” I snapped getting angry the minute he called me an `it'.
“You are the property of Boris ??? and Voltaire Hiwatari. We are going to arrest you, check and see if they can still control you and if you are we'll modify you and if you're not we'll still modify you so you can work for us.”
Anger. I was very, very angry. How could they? How could they call me an `it'. How could they call me the property of those evil demons?
“Put you hands were we can see them and walk over to us slowly.” The man repeated making me only angrier. I won't do it. I'd rather die then-
“FIRE!!”
Pain rushed through my body. I felt numb. I felt sick. I felt like a dozen daggers had been pierced through me body. But I was still standing. My vision became blurred and the voice of the man dressed in black seemed to have increased. All the voices around me seemed to have gone up. I could hear familiar voices cry my name. Kai. Bryan. Ian. Spencer.
Suddenly my sight became clearer and looked around.
“You..” I managed to breathe out. It was the girl who had walked away when I finally had an answer to her question. I heard a voice and the girl disappeared to be replaced by the face of the man. A look of pure horror and disgust crossed his face.
“What are you?!”
Oil. Tears of oil spilled from my eyes. People gasped when they saw them. I heard a woman say `oh my goodness, the poor thing'. I ignored her. A burning feeling inside me came when I heard her say thing.
I looked straight into the man's wide brown eyes. Pierced his soul with my blue ones.
“I…. am…..” I saw the girl standing next the man. “..Tala”
And everything went dark.
I died. Tala Ivanov, the robot, machine, cyborg, android, whatever you want to call me died. I was happy. I felt happy.
Because a `thing' can't die, an `it' can't die… but I died. What does that tell you? I feel like laughing and never stopping but I'd rather tell you the promise I made to myself just before I died. I was borne a living being and I had lived like a `it' but I shall die to be a living being once again…
“What are you?” that question makes me laugh now…
“I am Tala….”
 
How would you feel if your blood was oil?
They ask if it hurts less Cause my heart's of metal
Never thought that you would be so cruel to me
But if I must fall
Then I'll fall silent and proud
Ignoring those words, the hurt, the pain, the screams and a-a-agony…
 
Review plz *puppy-dog eyes*…