Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ New Chick on the Block ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue
Monday's meant three things: school, boredom and fights between Jenn and Kai. "Whore" "Bastard" "Slut" "Ass" It was noon Monday and Jenn and Kai were at it again.
"Will they ever stop" A pink haired girl asked the raven haired boy beside her. "Highly unlikely Mariah, but there's a slight chance" he told her with a smile.
"Yeah well at least I'm not friends with a pink fulfball" Jenn said and everyone turned and stared at her in shock. "At least I actually have friends" Kai shouted back and Jenn's eyes saddened at the thought that he was right, but then hardened again.
"I don't need anyone, I'm not a desperate and dependant person like YOU" she yelled and turned on her heel and left. Jenn had been at Beyblade High for only a month, but she already hated it. She didn't have friends, she didn't have anyone to talk to, her parents were dead and her brother was somewhere doing god knows what. She walked into a small forest behind the school and lit a cigarette. Taking a puff, she calmed down a bit and only came out of the forest when she heard the bell ring.
"That was priceless! Did you see the look on her face" a redhead asked Kai as the two walked to class. "The others thought I was too harsh, what do you think Tala" Kai asked as they took their seats at the back of the class. "Nah! All in the name of fun" Tala said and then they hushed as the teacher walked in.
"Class open your books to chapter 4 and we'll..." the teacher was cut off by the door opening to reveal Jenn.”Ms. Taki, you're late... again" the teacher said as Jenn took her seat at the back of the room, polar opposite of Kai and Tala. "This surprises you why" Jenn asked in a bored and sarcastic tone. "It doesn't, but this may surprise you. The principal wants to see you in his office, along with Mr. Hiwatari" the teacher said in a voice equal to Jenn's. "WHAT! YOU MEAN I HAVE TO GO WITH THAT SPAWN DEAMON FROM HELL" both said at the same time and then whipped their heads to glare at each other. "Yes, no get going before I assign you detention" the teacher said and the two drudgingly went.
"Thanks a lot feather brain" Jenn said in a sarcastic tone as they walked down the halls. "Look, it's your own fault. You start every fight" Kai said as he glared at her. "Only because you piss me off, therefore it's your fault" Jenn yelled so that people in the halls stared at them as the walked by. "Lets just get this over with, the lees time I have to spend with you, the better off I'll be" Kai said as they went into the office and shut the door behind them.
"Have a seat you two" Mr. Dickenson, the principal said without looking at them. Jenn and Kai sat as far from each other a humanly possible. "Now, I've called you two hear because of the complaints I've received from your teachers. Your constant bickering in and out of class is too much for them to handle, therefore, I'm making it so that you two will be in separate schools. Kai shall stay here and Jenn, I'm sending you to the Beyblade High in America. Jenn, you leave today and I wish you well at you new school. You're dismissed Jenn, Kai I'd like to speak with you in private" Mr. Dickenson said and Jenn left with a smile on her face.
After she was gone, Mr. Dickenson started to speak again. "Now Kai, there is one thing I'm asking you to do for me. Jenn is actually transferring to the American school in exchange for another student, I want you to show her around and please try not to fight" "Yes, Mr. Dickenson" Kai said and Mr. Dickenson opened up a file, pulling out something.
"This is the exchange student, Keri Fujiwara. She'll be here first thing in the morning and she's in all your classes so there's not too much to worry about" Mr. Dickenson said and gave Kai the photo for tomorrow. Kai soon left and headed back to class, passing Jenn at her locker. She was stuffing the last of her things into her bag and gave Kai one last glare before heading out.
Chapter 1: New Chick on the Block
A black motorcycle with ice blue flames pulled up into the student parking lot. Shutting off the engine, the person slipped their helmet off only to have long golden brown hair tumble down their back. The girl unzipped the leather jacket, and carried her bag and helmet into the school, ignoring the looks she got from others as she passed by.
She walked down the halls until she reached the door she was looking for: Principal Office. Walking in she found an elderly man and a teen with two-tone hair. "Ah, you must be Keri" the elder man said and she nodded. "This young lad here is Kai. You both have the exact same time table so he'll be showing you around today" Mr. Dickenson said and the two teen looked each other over. "Whatever" she said and the two left to go to Keri's locker.
"Beat it, I'll find my own way to class" she said, causing Kai to be taken aback. "Sorry, can't. All the teachers know I'm with you for the day, if I walk into class without you with me I get in shit for it" Kai said and the girl growled. "Whatever, just stay out of my way" she said and they headed off to first period, drama class.
They got to the class and Keri immediately took a seat in the very back of the room and ignored everyone there. "Good morning class" "Good morning Mr. Cefeldaz" the class rumbled back to their teacher. "Well, it seems we have a new student. Would you like to say a few words" Mr. Cefeldaz asked after scanning the room, all eyes turned to Keri. "No, I wouldn't like to say a few words" she said coldly and the teacher looked dumbfounded. "I don't seem to understand" he said and Keri glared at him. "What is not to understand? I don't want to talk to the class, I don't care to introduce myself, and I don't feel like telling anyone anything about me. If you don't understand that, then you are the most dense and shittist teacher I have ever met in my entire life" she said in the same tone, but her words held an unprecedented force behind them.
"I see. Lets continue, shall we? We're putting on a play in December, does anyone have any suggestions" Mr. Cefeldaz asked, but no hands went up. "Alright then, how about a classic fairytale" he said with a sigh, one hand shot up from a girl with pink hair. "Lets do Anastasia" she said, everyone groaned but didn't really say anything. "Excellent idea Mariah, now auditions for Anastasia begin... now. All girls will try out by singing her solo in the movie, lets begin with Mariah" Mr. Cefeldaz said and Mariah jumped up at the chance, grinning wildly.
"This ought to be good" Tala whispered to Kai and he nodded his head. 'Lets see how well the pink fuzz ball does' Keri thought with an evil look on her face.
"daaaannnccccing bearssss!pppppaaaaiiiiinnnntttttteeeeeddddddd wingsssssss" Mariah went and the hold class covered their ears, causing Mariah to stop. "What? I wasn't that bad" she said in her own defense. "Next we'll have Mariam" Mr. Cefeldaz said and Mariam stepped up. "dancing bears painted wings blah blah blah blah blah" she said and then sat down as the teacher sighed. One by one the girls all went and by the end, the teacher was slightly frustrated, and the guys were laughing.
"Last we have Keri" Mr. Cefeldaz said, but she didn't move. "Forget it" she said but the teacher told her that if she didn't at least try out, she'd get a one week detention. She grudgingly went up to the front, calmed herself and shut her eyes. Staying silent for a few minutes, she let the music and words come back to her before opening her mouth to sing.
" Dancing bears painted wings, things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings, once upon a December.
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses dance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully,
Across my memory.
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses dance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully,
Across my memorrryyyy.
Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as amber.
Things my heart use to know,
Things it urns to remeeemmmbeeeeerrrrr.
And a song someone siiiiiiiiiiiinngs,
Once upon a Deceeeeemmmmmmbbbbbbeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr"
She opened her eyes and everyone was gapping at her. "Wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, manifico! You shall be our Anastasia" Mr. Cefeldaz said while he clapped, tears in his eyes. "No! I'm not being Anastasia! I only did this because I really don't want a week’s detention, I'm not wearing a frilly, girly-girl dress in front of the whole school! You'd have to shoot me first" she said and the entire girl population in the class said "You have to" "No, I..." she stopped when she saw Mr. Dickenson in the doorway. "Actually Keri, you have to. If you want to be part of this year’s championship beyblading team, then you must play Anastasia in the school play" he told her and then left, Keri growled dangerously as she returned to her seat.
Noon. The Bladebreakers, Demolition Boys, White Tigers, Majestics, Barthes Batalion, Psykicks, Saint Sheilds, All-Starz, and F-Dynasty were sitting at one big, long picnic table eating and discussing the first half of their day. "You see that new girl this morning? Oh man, she was something else" Enrique said and Johnny whacked him over the head. "Yeah, we saw her alright" Mariah said in a down mood and most looked over at her. "Riah, what is it" Ray asked as he looked at her. "She's upset because she's afraid Keri'll sabotage the school play" Matilda said and the guys looked at her. "What do you mean she'll sabotage the play" Tyson asked as he finally stopped stuffing himself. "For one thing, she doesn't even want to play her role but Mr. D said that if she didn't, she couldn't be in the championships. She also hates Mr. Cefeldaz and..."
"And she also hates all of you" a piercing cold voice interrupted Matilda, they looked over and saw Keri standing a good distance away. "That's the new girl" Lee said in a shocked way. "No, I'm the new guy hairball" she said, her words full of sarcasm and loath. "She's worse than Kai" Tyson said in disbelief and Kai glared at him. "Believe it" she said and then left the shocked group staring. "Whoa" Miguel said as their shock dissipated.
"Now, who can tell me about the fall of Rome? Anybody" the teacher, Ms. Chaplino asked as she wrote on the black board. "How about... Ms. Fujiwara" she said and Keri's head snapped up to glare at the woman.
"The fact that the people in Rome no longer knew what it meant to be Roman anymore lead to a massive civil war and the downfall of Rome" she said in a bored tone and then went back to ignoring the whole class.
"That is correct. Now, class assignment. I will assign you into pairs and I want a ten page essay on the fall of Rome, it's due in two weeks. Now for the pairs, Ray with Mariah, Tyson with Chief, Salima with Kane, Raul with Brian, Matilda with Emily, Michael with Spencer, Julia with Tala, Max with Robert, Enrique with Claude, Oliver with Eddy, Johnny with Steven, Lee with Kevin, Gary with Rick, Goke with Zeo, Gardo with Ian, Max with Jim, Ozuma with Mariam, Josef with Dunga and Kai with Keri. Class dismissed" Ms. Chaplino said and the class rushed out of the room.
Keri angrily shoved her crap in her locker, stuffed her homework in her bag and flew out of the school to her motorcycle. As she approached her ride, she saw someone standing near it, waiting. "What" she barked as she prepared her ride. "Chill. Here, meet me at my place in twenty minutes to start on the assignment from hell" Kai said as he handed her a slip of paper with directions. "Do I have a choice" she asked bitterly and Kai shook his head before walking away. "Well, this is definably the day hell broke loose" she grumbled to herself as she started up her ride and headed out to Kai's place.