Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Confusing ❯ Runaway or Abandonment ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Love is Confusing 1 Runaway or Abandonment
Chapter One
 
"Tokanu, you really shouldn't be out here," six-year-old Tyson Granger commented as the crowd began to gather around him and the beydish in front of him.
"What, does the big Tyson Granger not want his baby sister here to witness his defeat?" Tyson's seven-year-old opponent teased from the other side of the dish.
"Are you kidding, there's no way that I'd miss your first beyblade match for any reason, Tyson," the five-year-old, light-blue haired girl standing beside Tyson smiled. "Besides, I know you'll win in no time."
"Well, yeah, but I'd feel better if you were inside resting," Tyson commented.
"I feel fine, really," the girl, Tokanu, brushed it off with a wave.
"Yeah, but whenever you're around one of these matches your health gets worse."
"Tyson has a point, Tokanu," an older boy with light-blue hair stated as he stepped up behind the girl. "Let's get you back to the house. I'll tell you how the battle turns out when it's over."
"But, Hiro…."
"No buts, it's for your own good. Ever since you got into this whole beyblading thing you've forgotten about your health," the older boy, Hiro, stated as he grabbed her hand and began to pull her away.
"Kick his butt, Brother!" Tokanu called back to Tyson as the kids closed in the gap behind her.
Hiro walked his youngest sibling home and left her in their Grandfather's care before heading back to support his brother.
"Don't forget to tell him to concentrate, you know he's bad at that," Tokanu called after him as he headed off.
Hiro waved over her shoulder as he turned the corner and disappeared. Grandpa Granger led Tokanu into the kitchen and made up some tea.
"Here, this will help you keep your energy up," he stated as he handed her a cup.
"So would being out there and watching Tyson's match," Tokanu complained.
"Come on; don't make me choose between keeping my promise to your father and making you happy, where's that smile that I love so much?" Tokanu couldn't help but grant her grandfather's wish to see her smile. "That's the Tokanu I know."
"I still want to go," Tokanu commented before taking a sip of her tea. "So does my partner."
"Partner?"
"Yeah, the battle angel in my beyblade," Tokanu nodded as she pulled her beyblade out and pointed to the sticker on the top of a battle angel. "She wants to go watch Tyson's match, really badly. I can feel it. She got all excited over it."
"Maybe next time," Grandpa Granger shook his head. "There will be plenty of other matches; I can assure you of that."
"But Hiro and Tyson would never let me watch. Please, Grandpa, you're my only hope," Tokanu begged, bubbling her silver eyes into puppy dog eyes.
"All right, but you have to finish your tea first, and you have to watch from a distance, I don't want to get in trouble with Hiro," Grandpa Granger smiles.
"Thanks, Grandpa!" Tokanu celebrated as she finished off her tea and got ready to go out again.
Grandpa Granger accompanied her to make sure she didn't get too close and she got to witness Tyson's first match.
"He's losing," Tokanu commented as she looked over the heads of others from her Grandpa's shoulders. "Come on, Tyson, concentrate," she mumbled. "Where's Hiro?"
"Tyson! You just have to concentrate!" Hiro's voice rose above the others. Tyson's brown eyes narrowed in on his older brother and he nodded in understanding. Within seconds, the match was won by Tyson and he ran over to celebrate with his kin.
"Come on, Tokanu, let's get back to the house before them," Grandpa Granger laughed. "Tokanu?" he asked when she didn't respond.
"I don't…" she mumbled as her hands reached up for her head and slight gasps and coughs began to escape from her lips.
"Tokanu!" Tyson and Hiro gasped as they ran over, having heard the symptoms over any noise made by the kids around them.
"This is why I told you to stay at the house," Tyson commented as Grandpa Granger moved her from his shoulders and into his arms.
"What were you thinking bringing her out here?" Hiro demanded.
"She just wanted to support her big brother," Grandpa Granger pointed out.
"It was for her own good," Hiro growled.
"I don't think arguing is going to help right now, let's just get her to the hospital," Tyson butted in.
"Right," Hiro and Grandpa Granger nodded as they headed off to grab a taxi to the hospital.