Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Make Believe Marriage ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Make Believe Marriage

Summary: Tyson, Max and Ray meet a strange girl called Kaze, who claims to be betrothed to Kai by an arrange marriage! She’s mad at Kai, yet intent to be his future wife. But her story simply doesn’t add up, and Kai is more than willing to point out her flaws.

Pairings: Tala/Kai

Theme: A sudden fiancée storming onto the scene, just oozing with sassiness.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Kaze Waldrof. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

AN: I think it’s safe to say, Kaze here is the most annoying OC I’ve created to date, and I’ve created a lot of them. You’ll see what I mean in the upcoming chapters. It’s pretty bad when you get annoyed writing about her. Jeez…

You may have noticed that I’ve added theme near the top there. If you have any themes you find utterly irritating, please let me know.

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed the first chapter, I am overjoyed by the response. However, I am slightly surprised that a couple of my readers are actually feeling sorry for Kaze. Let me just reaffirm a few things; this is not a Kai/OC fic, there will be no OC pairings, this is as anti-OC as you can get.

Anyway, thanks again to those who have reviewed and understand what this story is dictating. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and flames will be laughed at. Thank you in advance!

-

As he and his teammates trek back to the dojo, Ray could not help but glance over his shoulder, suspicion hidden deep within his amber eyes. The young girl now known to him as Kaze was just a little too...arrogant for him to take too. Her story didn’t add up, her attitude was something left to be desired and the way she insulted Kai constantly made his skin crawl.

For someone claiming to be Kai’s fiancée, she had a warped take on his personality. Did she really believe that Kai would run away to the Abbey after confessing his love to her? How old were they? From as far as he could tell, Kai was in the Abbey at a tender age of seven or eight, he wasn’t sure though. From the stories Kai did tell him was that all the children were quite young and were all taken from their homes, or dumped by parents who could not or would not take care of them.

Pressing his lips into a thin line as he listened to Max and Tyson try to get more information out of Kaze, but only receiving sneering remarks about minding their own business, Ray tried his best to keep his temper under control. Inwardly, he wanted nothing more than to leave Kaze back at the park, refusing to allow her access to Kai, however, he knew very little of Kai’s past, and as highly unlikely as it seemed, she could be telling the truth.

If she wasn’t, however, and was simply fabricating a story in a selfish attempt to get on the team, Kai would no doubt quickly tell her where she can go. He couldn’t stand people trying to force their way onto Japan’s most successful Beyblade team and did everything he could to only allow the current members under the name of G Revolution. There was one reason, out of them all, that made Kai’s skin crawl; accusations that the team was sexist because they didn’t have a female blader. He would go nuts, explaining that using one’s gender to get on their team was not an option.

Everyone on this team had already proven themselves, and they had enough bladers already, simply no one else was needed.

“You don’t have to be so rude,” Hilary suddenly hissed, her hands curled tightly into fists by her sides as Kaze once again blew off Tyson’s questions by telling him to fuck off. Hilary, herself, was quite a fiery young woman, but she held compassion and did everything she could to help others. Even those she disliked, like MingMing for example, she would never ever tell them to get lost. She wouldn’t swear, she felt swearing was vulgar and only used by the extremely disrespectful, something Kaze was proving herself to be.

“He’s only curious, which is quite understandable under these circumstances,” she pointed out. Like, what would anyone else do if a strange girl they’ve never seen before suddenly appeared and claimed to be engaged to one of their friends? Suspicion and distrust are two foremost emotions.

If Hilary had her way, Kaze here would not be allowed anywhere near Kai.

“No one asked you, you brainless twit,” Kaze snapped, her visible eye narrowing. “I’m not here to make friends; I’m here to confront Kai, so mind your own fucking business.”

“What you have to say to Kai is all of our business!” Hilary snarled, her patience obviously thin from the resentment Kaze presented within her. “How dare you-?”

Not wanting this argument to escalate, Ray forced his way into between the two warring females and sent Kaze a very hard look, his own eye narrowed in frustration. “I suggest you curb that language of yours,” he said in a very stern tone. “We’re here at the dojo now, so mind your manners, if you have any.”

Kaze physically reeled back in surprise at the viscousness in Ray’s voice, his eyes just screamed that he didn’t trust her and was going to keep an eye on her so she wouldn’t try anything funny. She felt bewildered to why they didn’t trust her and narrowed her eyes at him in return. They were now going to see that she was right and they were so wrong to distrust her, and when she officially received her role as co-captain, she was going to make them do twice as much training!

Besides, they really needed it.

“How dare you speak to me like that,” she hissed at him, but to her surprise, he simply rolled his eyes in a form of contempt at her and walked into the dojo, Hilary following him close behind, but not before the obnoxious brunette sent her an irritated glare at her.

Kaze gritted her teeth and curled her hands into fists by her side. Oh, she simply could not wait to enter the role of vice captain and take Hilary off this team for good!

“You home, Kai?” Tyson yelled as he and the small group accompanying him enter the dojo, all lingering for a moment to remove their shoes. Kaze, however, kept hers on in a sign of disrespect. As if she was going to remove her shoes in just because they were?

A moment later, Kai appeared from one of the rooms, wearing his usual attire of black pants and black shirt, his scarf, however, was absent. He walked over to the group as they gathered in the lounge room, his crimson red eyes narrowing a little when he spies the new comer with maroon hair, with a strand longer than the rest of her hair covering one of her eyes. As he gazed at her, a sense of utterly irritation bubbled in his chest when she glared in his direction and he turned to his teammates, wondering what on earth possessed them to drag this girl back with them.

“Who’s that?” he asked with a harsh voice, not hiding the fact that he wasn’t in the mood to deal with a stranger at the moment. Especially one that was glaring at him like he had ran over her dog, or something.

What was it with strange fangirls and glaring hatefully at him these days?

“Well,” Tyson started as his hands moved behind his head as he tried to sum up the current situation. “Her name is Kaze and-”

Suddenly, Kaze pushed her way through the group and stomped over to Kai, getting right in his face as she glared at him with such hatred. “Don’t you recognize me?” she asked as a frown marred her lips. “I’m you fiancée, you jerk.”

Kai’s eyes widen and he took an unconscious step backwards and Kaze felt a smirk appear on her lips. Surely, he’d recognize her; they were childhood sweethearts, after all. She was the only girl in his life who could cut him down to size with the flick of her sarcastic tongue.

However, much to Kaze’s surprise, Kai simply shook his head and looked at her like she had grown another head.

“…What?” he asked, a sense of utterly annoyance and frustration in his voice. Was this girl for real, did she just announce that she was his fiancée and then called him in the jerk in the same sentence? Oh, how absolutely sassy of her.

Note the sarcasm, please.

To say Kaze was appalled by his response was an understatement. How utterly annoying, after all this time, that was all he had to say? A typical Hiwatari response, it was always about them, wasn’t it? Never mind other people’s feelings; if it didn’t give them immediate rewards, they weren’t interested.

Once a bastard, always a bastard.

“Don’t pretend you don’t know about me!” Kaze demanded as her hand curled into a fist in front of her, appearing as if she was willing to physically slug him to get her point across. She was also the only girl who could defeat him in a fight. She could literally kick his ass!

Kai’s eye twitched, singling to those who actually know him well that he was steadily reaching the end of his rope, his frustration and anger mixing together dangerously. “Get out,” he ordered in a very cold and dangerous voice.

He did not know who this girl thought she was, storming in here and making such a ludicrous accusation, but he was in no mood to deal with demented fangirls like her. Bitchy and violently, obnoxious and disrespectful, he especially found those types of girls utterly infuriating!

There was nothing at all appealing about a girl who insulted you to your face. It didn’t make them appear fiery or the pinnacle of girl power, it made them appear immature and bratty, much like they were really; immature brats.

He had absolutely no time for girls like that.

Looking over to his teammates, Kai felt a sense of annoyance directed at them, but he found that he wasn’t too angry, as they were as well, looking at Kaze with nothing but irritation and suspicion in their eyes.

Even so, they are going to have a nice chat about leading strangers back to the dojo.

Kaze once again reeled back in surprise, her visible eye widening at the iciness in Kai’s voice and the flames of utter hatred in his eyes. “What?” Did he just order her to get out?

“You heard me, get out,” Kai said in the exactly same level tone. His posture suddenly got straighter and he appeared taller, but frame taut and tense, yet seemingly ready if anything should become physically. He looked ready to literally throw her out on her ass if she got too mouthy

“Who do you think you are, coming in here, making such a wild and untrue statement?”

“Me?” Kaze stuttered for a moment before her blue eye flashed dangerously in anger and she took a threatening step forward. She had a sense of indignity in her profile, seeming aghast that Kai was treating her in such a way and he made her feel an unhealthy sense of anger for him.

“Who do you think you are, telling me to get out?” she snarled so coolly that it should have sent chills of fear down his spine. “That is no way to treat your future wife!”

However, Kai simply drew in a deep breath through his nose, his hands curling into white knuckle fists by his sides. “You are not my future wife!” he hissed.

Kaze folded her arms over her chest and gave him a smug smirk as she retorted his statement. “There is a contract signed by your grandfather that states otherwise.”

“Oh, I find that incredibly hard to believe,” Kai snapped back a reply, screwing his nose up at the thought of Voltaire even considering something as daft as this. His grandfather wanted nothing more than for him to become stronger and be the perfect heir to his vast estate, and marrying an obnoxious brat like her would not help in his plans in the slightest. It was so pathetic that it was simply laughable.

Yeah, he could just imagine his grandfather sitting down with Kaze’s parents here, discussing an arrange marriage over a nice cup of tea.

“Why would my grandfather sign away my hand in marriage to a pathetic brat like you?”

Looking over at his teammates, Kai noted with a mild sense of relief that they, too, found the idea ludicrous. It didn’t make sense to them either, and they know very little about his past.

“How dare you?!” Kaze screamed loudly, not caring at all if she was standing in someone else’s house. “You’re nothing but an abusive bastard!”

Apparently, Kaze could dish out the insults, but was incapable of taking them. As if he needed another reason to believe she’s nothing but an immature brat.

“I couldn’t agree more,” he sniped. “Now get out before I throw you out!”

Kaze gaped at him for a long time, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. She suddenly snapped her mouth shut, her jaw clenching painfully tight. Tears threaten to leak from her eyes, so she screwed them shut, yet that was unable to prevent the tears from falling.

He is such a...bastard! Why was he treating her like this, insulting her, demeaning her? It wasn’t right, it wasn’t fair! He was not suppose to be this cruel and mean to her, he was suppose to coolly take her word and let her on the team, warning the others to treat her with the respect she deserved.

He was not supposed to tell her to get out!

“Why would my parents want me to marry someone like you?” Kaze suddenly asked as a sob hitched in her throat, forcing her eyes open to glare with such malice in his direction, but the ferocity dimmed as crystalline tears flowed freely from her eyes, despite her best efforts to hold them back. “You’re rude, abusive and cold-hearted. I don’t want to marry someone like you!”

Kai appeared unfazed by her insults and simply shrugged his shoulder. “Then we agree on something,” he replied coolly.

“But I have no choice,” Kaze stated firmly as she drew in a deep breath through her nose, her posture straightening as she stood tall and proud. “I will honor my parents’ wishes to marry you on your 18th birthday, which is next week.”

Kai’s shoulders suddenly sagged and he rolled his eyes in such a blatant form of disrespect and he released a loud sigh of sheer annoyance. “What?” he asked.

Kaze found his reaction utterly insulting and she refused to take it anymore. After they marry, she was going to lay down a few ground rules; number one of which is that he was to give her the respect she demanded. She was not going to put up with his abusive ways.

“I will honor my family’s wishes, no matter what you say!” she screamed before she turned around and stalked out of the room, not as a run, but as a quick walk, her profile tense as her arms hung by her sides, her hands curled into fists. She walked through the front door, slamming it as hard and as loud as she could.

The loud noise echoed through the room and Kai broke the following stunned silence by releasing a deep frustrated sigh, knowing that won’t be the last he’ll see of her, unfortunately.

“Oh, dear god…” he muttered as he pinched the bridge of his nose, a deep rooted headache already forming.

Despite the stunned silence, there was a sense of relief in the air. Kai’s teammates were inwardly glad that Kaze was no longer in their presence and relaxed a little. Out of them all, Ray and Hilary appeared the most relieved.

“Heh, you showed her, Kai,” Hilary congratulated, ever-so grateful that Kai did not immediately swoon in her presence and tell everyone that they have a new member. Not that he would, thank goodness.

“That was a little harsh, wasn’t it, Kai?” Max asked before offering a small smile when everyone snapped their attention towards him, seeming bewildered he would say such a thing. “Not like she didn’t deserve it,” he added at the end, to which everyone else relaxed again and nodded.

“Yeah,” Tyson couldn’t help but snigger. Honestly, what was Kaze expecting when she stormed onto the scene, throwing insults left, right and centre? That everyone would fall in love with her bold personality and take her word, which was all the proof she had, as the truth?

Please, Tyson himself might be a bit slow at times, but he knew better than to believe a stranger her never met before make such out of this world statements.

“She’s your fiancée, after all, right?” he continued to snigger, as the other around him shook their heads in bewilderment.

“No, Tyson,” Kai sighed wearily as he ran a hand through his hair, seeming trying to prevent his temper from reaching boiling point. “She really isn’t my fiancée.”

He now had to tell them the truth about how he knew she wasn’t his fiancée. He just hoped they don’t take the news too badly, but in the end it should be worth it. If any more obnoxious brats like Kaze here make an appearance, making the same statement, they’ll know not to lead her back to the dojo for Kai to deal with.

Really, he has had enough of the brainless twits.