Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Make Believe Marriage ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Make Believe Marriage

Summary: Tyson, Max and Ray meet a strange girl called Kaze, who claims to be betrothed to Kai by an arrange marriage! She’s mad at Kai, yet intent to be his future wife. But her story simply doesn’t add up, and Kai is more than willing to point out her flaws.

Pairings: Tala/Kai

Theme: A sudden fiancée storming onto the scene, just oozing with sassiness.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Kaze Waldrof. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

-

Chapter 4:

As she made her way to her bedroom to retrieve that attack ring, Kai was intently glad that Tala was here at the dojo to be with her. The whole ordeal with Kaze and her lies was really starting to stress her out a little.

Well, not stress so much but made her utterly enraged.

The same sentence repeated itself over and over in her head; who the hell did she think she was?

Kai had never came across something so ridiculous in her life. This was the kind of thing that happened in those cheesy chick flicks that aired on those woman channels on cable, a plot so inane that it just made your eyes roll. In all honesty, would a guy, or some cases a woman, really be as accepting if a stranger suddenly appeared in their life, claiming to be their fiancé? Was that really the beginning of true love?

Not likely.

Kaze obviously read too many romance novels or watched too much TV if she thought this was a way to win her crush’s heart.

Stepping into her room, Kai had to literally reel back in surprise as her room looked it was ransacked. Draws were pulled out and practically dumped onto the floor, her belongings carelessly thrown around. Surprise soon gave way to anger, her already thin patience wearing even thinner.

Someone had literally turned her room upside down and messed with her personal belongings.

But what really mad her blood boil was that there was a familiar, but deeply irritating female lying on her bed, her dirt encrusted shoes on top of her favourite quilt cover. Suddenly, the figure moved and one light blue orb peered out at her through maroon-coloured hair, a smirk on her lips.

“Hmm, I knew you would come crawling back,” Kaze said as she slipped off the bed and sauntered over to him. Kai could deny their arrangement all he wanted; there was nothing he can do to break the engagement, only she could.

And she was not going to let that happen.

Kai curled her hands into fists by her sides, her whole body trembling with barely suppressed rage. Only her sheer well power was stopping her from physically lashing out at this...brainless female. “What the fuck are you doing in my room?”

“It’s our room, now,” Kaze stated casually as she folded her arms over her chest and gave him a pointed look, a look that said her response should have been obvious and she had no idea why he was so angry. “After all, I am your fiancée, whether you like it or not.”

Kai could not believe this girl’s audacity. If was as if she was annoyed that she was angry with her. It didn’t make much sense to her. Did Kaze really think it was ok for her to enter his room and tear it up for whatever reason?

“Why did you raid my room, then?” Kai asked as she took a threatening step forward.

“I know you have the contract stashed away in here somewhere,” Kaze said as she once again used that haughty voice of hers and rolled her eyes toward the ceiling at her fiancé’s stupidity. Honestly, why else would she bother going through his shit? Other than to teach him a lesson for leaving her behind, of course. And to make him pay for the terrible way he treated her in front of his teammates.

She’s a passionate and independent young woman, how dare a man treat her so badly?

“I know you’ve known about this arrangement for years, so why didn’t you come looking for me?” Kaze went on to ask as her visible eye narrowed and her lips turned into a frown. “How could just forget about me, after all we’ve been through?”

Kai could not respond as she was too busy inwardly, and outwardly seething in her own skin. Intense anger was quickly taking hold, her face feeling hot, her head reeling, her heart pounding; she had never, ever felt so...enraged before in her life.

It was a tad scary, to be perfectly honest. Never before in her life had she meet someone that angered her so much that all she wanted to do was launch herself at them and beat the shit out of them. The thought of grabbing Kaze’s head and slamming it repeatedly at the wall in her room until she was unconscious appealed to Kai greatly.

And she wasn’t really a violent person.

“We need to get your advisors to plan the wedding,” Kaze suddenly announced as she shoved her hands into her pockets and kicked a random item on the floor as she began to pace the room, acting like she owned the place or she had been there for years. “You’re birthday is just next week.”

Drawing in a deep breath through gritted teeth, Kai turned to face Kaze, her eyebrow twitching dangerous as she released a light snarl from the back of her throat. “There isn’t going to be a wedding,” she hissed with such venom that it made Kaze stop her pacing and stare at her with a look of blatant shock.

“You’re going back on your grandfather’s word?” Kaze asked in disbelief before her expression turned to that of anger once again. “That’s just like you, isn’t it?”

Kai quickly drew in another deep breath to steady her nerves. “You speak like you actually know me.”

She was intensely angry, but beating the shit out of her won’t help matters. Sure, Kai would love to know what it would feel like smashing her fist repeatedly into Kaze’s face, but sometimes words could sting a hell of a lot worse.

Besides, won’t she be surprised when she learns that her ‘abusive fiancé’ is actually a girl?

“We were childhood friends, or don’t you remember?” Kaze snapped at him, removing her hands from her pockets to let them curl into fists by her sides. She paused for a moment, seeming sorting through an array of memories to help jog Kai’s memory of her.

“I remember the moment you realized you had a crush on me,” she said as a small smirk appeared on her lips when she recalled how weak and pathetic Kai was when they were younger. She was always beating him at everything. “I snuck up behind you and pushed you into a pond at the Hiwatari estate when I came to visit, remember? You stated that no one was able to sneak up behind you before.”

Kai failed to comprehend how being pushed into a body of water was a way to make one realize their feelings for the person that pushed them in. If that did happen in real life, Kai would not have been impressed by her sassiness; she’d be utterly pissed off!

“When did this happen?”

“When you were nine, genius,” Kaze once again snapped at him, a look of annoyed disbelief on her face that Kai still didn’t recognize her. What else did she have to do? Who else in their right mind would make up a story like this other than his real fiancée?!

“Do you have trouble remembering things?” she went on to ask. “Or are you just stupid?”

“Stupid, I guess, and getting worse by the minute by staying in the same room as you,” Kai quickly retorted, this entire conversation clearly wearing her down. Every exchange was really starting to make her skin crawl.

Gwad, she wished Tala was here. She really didn’t want to listen to this shit anymore.

Kaze once again had a look of utter shock on her face, aghast that not only did he just brush aside her incredible wit; he insulted her in the same sentence! “How dare you?” she hissed before she threw out an arm and pointed at the door, her lips pulled back into a snarl. “Get out of my room!”

But Kai didn’t budge, instead she simply folded her arms over her chest and glared with such hatred at Kaze that the maroon-haired female took a subconscious step backwards. “This is my room,” she stated firmly.

“Not anymore,” Kaze said as she tried to compose herself from the unconscious display of weakness. “This is my room now; you’re sleeping on the couch.”

“Is that so?” Kai asked, her glare not wavering at all. In fact, her eyes narrowed even further, daring her to give her one good reason to physically kick her ass.

“Yes, that is so,” Kaze said as she, too, tried to stay firm. “You really are brainless, aren’t you? Are you suggesting that I sleep on the couch? That’s no way to treat a lady!”

Without warning, Kai lifted her hand and backhanded Kaze right across the face. The force of the blow was so hard that Kaze’s head snapped around from the impact and she stumbled back against a wall. She leaned against the wall of the bedroom, her visible eye wide in shock and her hand cradling the side of her quickly swelling cheek.

Kai had not meant to slap her like that, but inwardly, she glad that she did. She is totally against violence of any form, but she just had to do it. Kaze wasn’t giving her much option. Besides, it felt good to get rid of a fraction of her frustrations.

It was a bit hypocritical of Kaze crying foul about not being treated right when she was the intruder with the bad attitude, throwing out petty insults and wild accusations wherever she went. She made honest, feisty women the world over look bad.

“A true lady would never break into a stranger’s house, force her way into a guy’s room, go through his belongings, kick him out of his own room and expect that he would be ok with that. You, you obnoxious, demented and arrogant bitch, are not a lady!”

Saying that felt good.

Kaze remained in that slouched position against the wall, her hand still cradling her cheek as she stared with her one unblinking eye. She seemed to be in a state of shock, still trying to comprehend the fact that Kai just slapped her.

He just slapped her!

“You bastard!” Kaze suddenly screamed as she buried her face in her hands and leaned her back against the wall. “I hate you!”

“Good,” Kai spat. “Now get out!”

Hiccupping from the heart wrenching sobs, Kaze slipped down the wall and sat on the floor, her face still hidden in her hands. Kai felt a little bit bad for lashing out at her like she did, but she made her so utterly angry, far more enraged than she had ever felt before.

“We’ve been destined to marry before we were born,” Kaze started to explain. “One winter’s day in Russian, my parents and your grandfather meet at the grand Hiwatari estate on the outskirts of Moscow and drew up a contract that said that we are to wed upon your 18th birthday.”

Kai drew in a deep breath, annoyed that Kaze seemed to be hell bent on pissing her off with her lies. That what they were, lies, nothing more. She was not his fiancée!

“Now, why would my grandfather do something like that?” Kai asked with a tone that was heavy with venom. “What makes you so special?”

“I don’t understand why you’re treating me with such suspicion,” Kaze said as she finally pulled her hands away from her face. Her eyes were red from the tears, but they still held a sense of utter defiance. “I’ve done nothing wrong. I am your fiancée, your childhood sweetheart.”

Kai snorted harshly. She didn’t have a childhood. How could she have a childhood sweetheart outside the Abbey?

“Shouldn’t you be happy that I’m here?” Kaze suddenly asked as she struggled to her feet and held out her hand for Kai to take, begging to him. “We are together again.”

Kaze was a good actress, Kai had to give her that. But regardless, Kaze was a liar. They didn’t have a past together, there was no contract for their arranged marriage and she most certain wasn’t her fiancée!

“How can I be happy to see someone when the first thing she called me was a jerk?” Kai asked as she shook her head. “Did you think I would find that endearing or some demented shit like that?”

“You are a jerk because you left me behind!” Kaze yelled as she abruptly sprung to her feet. “You went off, touring the world while I waited for you to come back!”

Now that really pissed her off. She made it sound like Kai wanted to be in the Abbey, like she along with all the other poor and abused boys enjoyed their stay there. That place was hell on earth! Who in their right mind would want to be there?

“Oh, you are deluded.”

“Stop insulting me, you asshole!” Kaze screamed in a high-pitched voice, her body tremble with anger and tears gathering in her eyes. “I searched the world for you, and this is how you treat me? Like shit?”

That was it, now it’s time for Kai to do some of the talking.

“The reason I’m treating you like shit is because there seem to be a few misunderstandings in your story,” Kai explained.

“Oh?” Kaze said with arrogant coolness as she folded her arms over her chest in a haughty fashion. “How so?”

“Well,” Kai drawled, wondering where she could start first, there were so many things wrong with Kaze’s story that she didn’t know where to begin. Pity Tala wasn’t here with her at the moment; he’d enjoy this verbal smack down for sure.

“Let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”