Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving on ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hey sorry this update took so long. I've had so much going on. I'm in senior school and in-between tests, essays and such I've had no time to update. Anyways here is the update.
 
 
 
Moving on
Chapter 2
 
“Come to my place, we can cal1 the cops” said Kai gently.
 
Rei hesitated leaving the security of his flat and mother. Kai saw this and looked unsure. “Are you ready to tell the cops yet? Or do you want more time?”
 
“What will we do with her?” he asked in his innocent voice.
 
“Who? Oh, your mother. Erm…I suppose we call a morgue” he said uneasily. He had never dealt with this kind of thing before.
“Let's call the cops first. Do you have any family?”
 
“My father, he works in a big corporation thing. That's what mummy said” the child responded.
 
“Any uncles, aunts, grandparents?” Kai asked
 
“No”.
 
“Any relatives living nearby?”
 
“You ask a lot of questions. No, my mother is the only one.”
 
“Okay. Did your mother ever say where your dad worked?”
 
“No. Just that it was very important and he had to be away a lot.” Rei said.
 
“I'll call the cops.” Kai said.
 
Rei sat down besides his mother stroking her hair as he listened to Kai speaking to the police. “Mother, why did you go?” he asked in a childish voice.
 
He smiled. “You told me once that people sometimes have to go away for a long time. That they couldn't ever return. In the stories I read the angels always guide you there. Are you happy there?” Rei constantly spoke childish rambling. It seemed to calm Rei greatly.
 
Rei turned to face Kai just as he getting of the phone. “How long will you be?” Kai asked.
 
Kai thanked the policeman.
Rei was having a nap when the cops arrived. They looked at the scene and started straight away. One cop walked toward Kai. “Sir, were you the one to make the call?”
 
“Yes officer.”
 
“Can you tell me what happened here?”
 
“No officer but I know someone who can. I'm just a neighbor. When I heard a gunshot I came to investigate. I found a kid about 5 near a woman's body. The child told me later that it was his mother. I calmed the child down and called you.”
 
“Where is the child now?'
 
“In his room asleep”
 
“Where do you live?”
 
“Just next door at number 6”
 
 
`You claim to have heard a gunshot, correct?”
 
“Yes officer”
 
“Any suspicious sounds before that time?”
 
“There was shouting and someone bashing a door down. Who ever was behind the door wouldn't open it. They became angry.”
 
“You claimed to hear shouting; can you remember what was being said?”
 
“I don't remember exactly but something like `open the door or I'll break it down'”.
 
“After the door was broken down, what did you hear? If anything?”
 
“Just talking, what sounded like 2 men talking. Then a gunshot.”
 
“One gunshot?”
 
“Correct officer.”
 
“That's all we need. If we need anything else we will call you.”