Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei's Journey ❯ Movie night! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-->

Blue: ^^ ok everyone...mediaminer is a great place an all!!!! BUTTTTT I've had so much going on in my life...that I've decided that if you all want to keep reading Rei's Journey, to look me up on Fanfiction.net. Unfortunately I won't know how long it will be between posts here...so I'll post two chappies!!!!! ^^

Disclaimer: I don't own it...though I wish I did!!! *glomps Kai*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Max's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get to the China Tower the next morning, I am SO pumped that Rei's back! I mean, I know for sure that Rei can overcome his loss of Driger, he's probably one of our strongest bladers not just in the dish, but also in heart and spirit.

"Hey Maxie" it's Tyson "Wanna play I spy?"

"Sure!" I turn to Kenny "You wanna play too Chief?"

"That's all right Max, I've got to finish updating the..teams...stats" I can tell he really means he's gotta bring Rei's skill level down. I look up to see Rei in his own little world. I gotta feel for the guy, no matter how strong you get, losing a friend isn't the hardest thing to do.

"Spoil sport!" Tyson tell chief, who ignores him and goes back to work. Tyson looks around then says "I spy with my little eye something in white and depressed"

"I know I know!!!" I point to our former White Tiger "It's Rei!!"

Rei looks up "were you talking to me?"

"No man, were just wondering if you were ok or not?" Tyson says with ACTUAL SYMPATHY!!

Rei gives us a smile "I'm fine guys. If you hadn't come to find me yesterday I would probably be on the White Tigers by now not knowing how full my potential can be even without Driger."

"Yeah, that may be true but.." Tyson starts, but is interrupted

"Why don't you kids leave Rei alone" Kai says from his seat across from Rei's (There's only 4 on the bus, small bus eh?) "I've got a headache from just listening to you two rag on and on so please, shut up" he closes his eyes again as Tyson protests. I turn back to Rei who is..well..unreadable. This is a first!

"Rei, hey man, are you sure your ok?" I ask him while Tyson is busy trying to duck a punch from Kai. Rei looks up at me

"If I'm not, at least I know I have friends like you guys to lean on, right?" he smirks, I laugh

"Oh absolutely!" we high five and laugh "We are gonna win this thing!" "Definitely!"

The bus rolls to a stop in front of the tower. We get out and head for the arena to find we are battling right after the White Tigers are.

`Oh great` I think to myself

*Don't worry Max*

`I'm not worried, per say Dracile`

*yeah right. As I said before, don't worry. Everything will be all right*

I look over to Rei `I hope your right Dracile, I hope your right`

~~~~~~~~normal POV~~~~~~~~

The White Tigers look up to the Bladebreakers who have just walked into the stadium

"So, you decided to actually show your face, eh Rei?" Lee asks with a smirk. Rei tenses up but doesn't say anything. "What is it, Rei? Cat got your tongue?" Lee taunts, Rei just walks over to the bench, making Lee angry that he won't even defend himself

"Why don't you do your talking with your blade, Lee?" Kai tells him.

"Oh, getting your friends to stand up for you now Rei?" Lee ignores Kai, but uses him as ammunition for his vocal assault. "You've gotten weak Rei, you don't deserve the White Tiger bit beast" he turns back to his team before Tyson and Max can flip out on him.

The first match of the day begins; White Tigers V.S the Spin Shapards. The White Tigers show off their moves and win the match no problem, especially at the end when Lee showed off his special attack- the Tiger Claw. The other Bladebreakers gasp

"Uh Rei, where did he learn your attack?" Tyson asks the calm and collected (on the outside anyway) Rei.

Lee interrupts "See Rei? I have now proven that the White Tiger bit should be mine and not yours!"

"Tell us what's going on Rei, please!" Max begs. Rei sighs and as Lee looks on he tells them about how he and Lee were inseparable when growing up in their isolated village. They were best friends. He explains how it was a perfect time while it lasted.

"Then came that fateful day when Lee's grandfather called us to his hut. He gave me the White Tiger instead of Lee." Rei explains. Lee adds in

"I thought that if our friendship could overcome that, it could overcome anything. I thought you were, at the time anyways, worthy of Driger. But I was wrong" he points his finger at Rei "You left with the White Tiger bit and were never planning to return! You're a traitor, Rei! So I never stopped practising until I had learned your precious attack, the Tiger Claw! Now that we have explained the story, hand over the White Tiger bit beast Rei. It was truly ment to be mine!"

Tyson, Max and Kenny look on helplessly, Kai was being impassive as usual, but interested all the same in if Rei truly was a traitor and a weakling as well.

Rei declines "Sorry Lee, that's only one side. I left because we were so bloody isolated that we were not becoming the best we could be! I left so that I could learn more about the world and beyblading from other blader! I left to learn, Lee. I left so that I could feel worthy of posessing a power as great as the White Tiger bit."

"You are wrong, Rei. Just you wait, by the end of this tournament the White Tiger shall be mine and mine alone!" he thinks for a second then, with a smirk challenges the Bladebreakers "How about this, if the Bladebreakers win you keep Driger, but if we win, I get the bit"

"Don't do it Rei!" Tyson says suddenly, but Rei isn't listening

"I'm not afraid of you and your team, Lee. I accept" he tells the other team. They return to their benches as the 2nd match is to begin. Tyson and Max both pull out wins against the charming princes, then Rei is chosen to fight and with Lee and the other White Tigers watching, heads to the dish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Rei's POV~~~~~~~~~

How could I have been so dumb! I ask this question over and over as I wait at the dish's edge for the match to begin.

'If only Drig had been there, I probably wouldn't have made such a mistake!'

The match starts and Rei puts all that to the back of his mind, for the moment, and concentrates on the battle before him. He is being beaten, badly.

'NO! I can't lose! Driger is my friend and I won't let anybody take him away from me!'

"TIGER CLAW ATTACK!!" I notice suddenly a green light glowing around my blade. Both the White Tigers and Bladebreakers gasp

"Welcome back Driger" I tell him "Now let's show him the real thing, TIGER CLAW ATTACK!!" Driger happily rushes out of the blade, winning the round and match for the Bladebreakers and destroying the entire dish they were blading in at the same time

'your back! I'm so happy!'

{You better be! Do you know how many air miles I used to get here? Yeesh, in today's economy not even a bit beast gets discounts!}

'Your never gonna let me hear the end of this, are you?'

{Nope! Never! Oh and by the way, don't cry. Cry l8ter, ladies always cry for me!!}

'And why is it I will never believe that?'

{Now why did I come back? To this?} she feels him thinking and answers for him

'Because you're my best friend, Drig. And I love you like an older brother. When you were gone everything fell apart'

{Yep, that's why I came back! Now you might want to snap out of it because your teammates are about to tackle you}

She snaps out of it long enough to be tackled by a laughing Max and Tyson

"We knew you could do it!" Max tells me

"Absolutely! Well, except for mister Crabbypants over there, he wanted to buy you a plane ticket home if you didn't win" Tyson tells me. I shrug it off, at least Kai isn't THAT observant otherwise I'd be on a plane ticket to Siberia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~normal POV~~~~~~~~~~

Lee looks at the laughing Bladebreakers and his ex best friend

"Now I know for sure that the White Tiger bit must be mine!" he tells himself "And nobody, not even you Rei, will get in my way of achieving my goal"

He looks over to Mariah, who looks happy for Rei, but is trying hard not to show it. Lee growls, then leads the rest of his team out of the arena and back to the bus where they would go back to their hotel and he will have a little CHAT with his team.

The Bladebreakers on the other hand are going to their hotel as well, but in a completely different mood, even Kai. They all head to the bus and start singing on their way back to the hotel '100 bottles of coke on the wall' just to annoy Kai, which worked out perfectly in the end because he ended up making a clean sweep with his foot and landing Tyson on his backside. The other 3 on the bus cheered for Kai as Tyson tried to get back at him, but again he was put on his backside just as they hit a bump.

"OWEE!" he called out as he hit the floor again

"Smooth Tyson" Max giggles

"Shut it Max!"

Rei decides to end the argument before it got any worse "Hey guys, what are we going to do when we get back?"

Before Kai can say his usual answer, Max and Tyson yell "MOVIES!!!"

"Oh lord save us" Kai shakes his head

"That's a good idea guys! It'll relax us before the tournament tomorrow." Kenny pipes up "Why don't we all pick a movie and watch each one."

"Great idea Chief!" Tyson gives him a noogie "But no horror flicks!"

Max giggles slightly "I think he was talking to you Kai"

"No" Tyson says plainly "I was saying Kai shouldn't come at all, the horror movies are scary enough without him just sitting there"

Max and Kenny stare at Tyson and give him a sorrowful look. Kai is looking like he's about to kill Tyson and Rei...is laughing hard? Everybody stares at him as if he's crazy, then he holds out a hand-held tape recorder and plays back everything. Everybody starts to laugh when they realize how funny they were, cept Kai, but he almost cracks a smile.

'I'll find that tape and burn it later' thinks Kai

They get back to the hotel a couple minutes l8ter and after hitting the hotel movie rental store head back up to the room.

"Sooo, who goes first?" asks Kenny.

"MINE!!" Rei, Max and Tyson say together, Kai rolls his eyes then says "Why don't we get changed, then the FIRST ONE out gets to choose" he looks up, but Tyson, Max and Kenny are already in the rooms. Kai looks at the only one still in the room with him, Rei, who is looking quite confused. Rei sighs, knowing he won't win now, and sits on the couch beside the smirking leader.

"So" he starts, trying to make conversation. Kai looks across the room "What movie did you rent?"

"Nothing Max and Tyson can watch, I'm sure" Kai replies "I rented the Ring" Rei gets shivers up his spine

"I hear that movie was the scariest of the year"

Kai gets an even wider smirk "Yep" he looks at the Chinese blader and raises an eyebrow "Your not SCARED are you Rei?"

Rei looks at him and stutters "Who? Me? No way!" he finds the ceiling very interesting at the moment "What ever gave you that idea?"

Kai just shakes his head and looks up as Tyson runs into the room, followed very closely by Max then Kenny

"I WON!!" Tyson yelled, then took his movie and plugged it in.

"No fair!" Max said pouting as he sat on the recliner on Kai's right.

Kenny sighs "At least I get to see mine before Kai or Rei" he sits on the bean bag chair to Rei's left. Tyson pushes play then sits at Max's feet.

Rei had to ask "Uh, Tyson? What movie did you rent?"

Tyson looks at Rei with an innocent smile "Barney goes to Hollywood!" Kai and Rei immediately got up and started for the door, but the other 3, well, Max and Tyson grabbed Kai and Kenny grabbed Rei knowing Rei wouldn't hurt him. They sat the 2 down and made sure they had no way of escape.

"YOU ARE ALL EVIL!!" Rei screams

"I am not to be held responsible for my actions if that poor excuse for a T-Rex starts singing" Kai says, almost too calmly

Tyson laughs as he sits on Kai's lap, making sure the stronger blader can't move

(Blue; 0___0 I think I just squished Kai)

The movie comes on, but it's different. It has Laura Croft at the beginning and.........

"Tyson, what movie did you get?" Kai asks, staring at the screen

"I thought it was Barney!" Tyson says with tears in his eyes

"Looks like you made a mistake with the covers, Ty" Kenny tells him, looking at the cover of Tyson's movie

"But I never make mistakes!" Tyson tells them

"Your mom sure did" Kai says out loud.

Tyson just sits there

"GET OFF ME!!!" Kai yells, making Tyson jump 2 feet

(Blue; oop, sorry, I exaggerated, can he even go that high?)

"Oh!" Tyson says from the floor, Max is now off Rei and Kai and him are sitting comfortably on the couch. Tyson points to Kai "I think he burned me!"

The entire room sweat drops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rei's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Is it just me..or is that kid slow?}

'He's slow'

{Thought so. Hey, Laura's cute! And hot!}

'Yeah, she is really pretty, but I am SO not going to anything more than that. STOP DROOLING!!! She's not THAT pretty!'

{You're a girl, you wouldn't understand}

'Thank you, I don't WANT to understand'

We watched all of Tyson's movie, then Max's (Master of Disguise) and Kenny's (Clockstopper) I never thought the kid could actually pick out a decent movie, go figure. Finally it was my turn. I got up to put the movie in when.......

"HEY! Where are you 3 going?" I ask the 3 younger kids

"Hen hen..sorry Rei, but I don't like Fast and the Furious" Tyson shrugs "Anyway, I wanna get some sleep" I sigh to myself and let the 3 go to bed, or in Kenny's case, to the computer. I push play and turn around

"Don't you want to get some sleep?" I ask our leader

"Not really. Anyway, I always wanted to see this. I'll make you a deal, I'll watch yours if you watch mine" Kai asks me.

{OMG!! It's a record! 2 sentences!! You got 2 sentences out of him!}

'You are SO staying awake during the Ring'

{It's a Ring, oohhh, what's it gonna do? Roll me to death? Maybe even shine to brightly. I'm scared now Rei, really scared}

'your going to regret that'

"Sure" I plop on the recliner as Kai stretches out on the couch.

AFTER THE MOVIE

"that wasn't that bad" I say to myself as Kai gets up to put his in, it's now around 1 in the morning.

Kai shrugs as he plugs the Ring in "There could have been more action, less talking"

I think to myself "And maybe one less sex scene" I tell him while taking his spot on the couch, it's warm!

After putting his movie in Kai turns to me and shakes his head "You don't like love scenes?"

I wave my hand as he pushes play "Not really. I think that if you find your true love, marry em first before having the kid"

He nods "I agree" He starts the movie.

~~~~~about halfway through~~~~~~~~~

'HOLY SHIT!! I am so scared Drig!!' silence 'Drig?'

From under his paws, he's covering his eyes {Your on your own kid!}

I sweatdrop in my head 'So much for the fearless White Tiger, eh?'

After the movie is over I am looking around the room as if something is going to pop out at me

"I thought you weren't scared!" Kai says to me, eyebrow raised

"Hey, I wasn't the one who decided to take a bathroom brake in the middle!" I tell him. He had indeed gotten up to go at the scariest part

He turns and points to me from the bedroom doorway "That never happened"

Understanding I nodded "What never happened?"

Kai smirks as we head into the room. Tyson is sprawled across the bed and Max is just.....sleeping. I climb in and feel Kai do the same. I turn my back away from him and...almost fall asleep when.......

{HOW CAN YOU SLEEP AFTER SEEING THAT THING!!} Driger is running around in his blade, fur on end. I smile to myself

'It's only a movie with actors Drig, no worries. And it's really easy, I just close my eyes and ignore you!' I fall asleep, unable to wait for the next day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Blue; he he, sorry for the short chappie guys! I swear the next one will be better!! Please, RnR!

RnR PWEESE!!!