Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ A Name ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Michael: Wingzero does not own Beyblade. Well, at least it's a part.

A hand gently shook me. Groaning, I mumbled, "Need sleep." Obviously this person didn't hear me or didn't understand that I need my beauty rest.

"You'll have to wake up some time," a familiar voice sounded.

Cracking my eyes, I found Lareina smiling at me. She had changed into a different outfit. What does she want? I knew I could use more sleep. "What is it?"

"Well for one thing, you'll be missing breakfast," she informed me of the meal.

"Okay," I yawned unintentionally.

As I followed her I noticed another person following us. This pink hair person ducked behind objects and hid behind doors when I turned around to look. What was this person up to? I hope he or she wasn't one of those who were trying to capture me. Who else lived here?

We arrived in the kitchen to find three other boys. They were sitting around the table arguing over something. Each of them had a strange object. I wondered what it was. It must be something of importance for them to be arguing so adamantly over it.

"Hello, are you here to see Mariah?" Lareina asked the guys.

"Yes," the black haired one said. Then he looked over in my direction. "What is his name? Where is he going?"

"He doesn't have a name and you should ask him," she answered him.

"My name is Lee," the black haired person introduced himself. "This is Kevin." He pointed to the green hair kid next to him. "Gary." He motioned towards the person across from him.

"Hi," I greeted them meekly.

"You need a name," Lee said, while thinking.

"Hi," the pink haired stalker greeted from behind me.

"Who are you?" I asked in my usual voice.

"I'm Mariah," the pink haired person answered. She moved beside me and dragged me over towards where the rest were. "We're going to have breakfast."

"How can you not have a name?" Kevin asked suspiciously.

"I just don't," I said without emotions.

"Kevin," Lee warned the shortest boy there.

"Okay," Kevin sighed. He slumped back in his chair.

"What do you think about the name Rei?" Mariah asked me.

"Do you still have a crush on Rei?" Kevin teased her.

"Shut up!!" Mariah yelled at the younger looking of them.

"That sounds fine with me," I tried to assure her.

"Good," Mariah smiled at me. "Well, come on." She hurried around the kitchen grabbing a few item. I don't know what it was, because she weaved in and out of the others as she did whatever she was doing.

"Don't mind her," Lee said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "She gets this way when we have visitors."

"Huh?" I wondered what he was talking about.

"We don't have much visitors to our village," Lee explained. He gently pushed me towards one of the chairs and into it. Then he took the seat next to me.

Suddenly, a plate full of pancakes landed right in front of me. "Eat up. There's enough for seconds." She smiled at the both of us.

"It's not that bad," Lee shrugged. He started eating his breakfast.

"Okay," I said as I stared at my own for awhile. I hope she didn't drug this. Looking at the others, I noticed Gary digging into his plate. Kevin ate at a moderate pace. Mariah was soon beginning on hers. If they're eating, then it should be okay to eat. I picked up my utensils and started eating.

"What do you want to do today?" Mariah asked the rest of us guys.

"How about some beyblading action?" Kevin spoke without his mouth full. He seemed to be a little hyper.

"We can do that," Lee agreed to that. "What about you?" He turned towards me.

"What is beyblade?" I asked, thoroughly confused. What is it anyways?

"You don't know what beyblade is?" Kevin spat out. "It's the greatest thing since .."

"Don't mind him," Lee said. "He gets excited when it comes to beyblade."

Throughout the rest of the meal, they explained to me beyblading. Okay, you first start out with a beyblade. Depending on what style you play, you custom make your beyblade. You have the bottom, the attack ring, and defense ring. I think I'm beginning to understand this game. They have these launchers for launching their beyblade into the stadium. Once inside, the blades attack each other until one of them either stops spinning or gets booted out of the dish.

"What makes it more interesting is the bit beast you use," Lee explained.

"Bit beasts," I nearly gasped. So that's why they captured us. They wanted to use us as slaves in this sport. I should have known.

"Yeah," Lee smiled. "They're passed down from generation to generation. My grandfather will some day pass it down to me."

Perhaps I landed in the future, because I can't sense any magic coming from these people. Not to mention, he said something about bit beasts being inherited from the past generations. As I looked around the room, I discovered new items. I didn't know if they had any magical properties.

"That's what you keep saying," Kevin teased him.

"Shut up!" Lee scowled at the young kid.

"Ooh, I'm scared," Kevin kept teasing Lee.

"Grow up, Kevin," Mariah scolded him. "My grandmother has already planned to hand down Galux to me."

"I know grandfather will hand down Driger to me," Lee said.

"You haven't said anything Gary," Mariah mentioned, when the big guy didn't say a thing. Our attention turned towards him.

"Huh?" Gary said. He must have been busy with the food to notice.

"Okay," Mariah said, exasperated. "He isn't much of a talker."

As they argued amongst themselves, I started thinking. I should get out of here before they know I am a bit beast. Who knows, they could be still chasing after me. Should I take that chance? I don't even know these humans. However, they did save me, but they must think I'm human, since I looked like one of them. A part of me wants to give them a chance, but another part says that I should get revenge on what the humans have done to me and my family. Then I thought it would be wrong. Maybe they weren't involved and had no hand in the matter. Still, I shouldn't dismiss it. All these thoughts running through my head, I started getting a little headache.

At the same time, they seemed kind of nice. Lareina was nice enough to allow me to stay here, but for how long? I don't think she would want another burden. As the argument progressed, I discovered Mariah lived with her aunt. If I decided to stay, would I be able to keep it a secret from them? I should ask them. As much as I wanted, I couldn't so I watch them argue over this game. I'm so weak.

"We aren't getting anywhere with this," Lee scowled at no one in particular. "Hey Rei, would you like to get a beyblade?"

"Why not?" I shrugged. Maybe I should stay awhile. I could help the captured bit beasts gain their freedom. I can play along.

Later that day, a custom made beyblade laid in my hand. I stared at its intricate design. My style is more on the endurance, although I had a good attack and defense capabilities. I couldn't believe how they talked me into getting this. In the back of my mind, I heard this voice, saying that I shouldn't take advantage of them. They showed me kindness. Perhaps all humans weren't as cruel as I thought they were.

The next day, the guys came by. They decided to drag me to one of the village's beyblade stadium for a few lessons. Lee started off by showing me the basics. On my first tries, I didn't land inside the stadium. They said it was okay. In their first tries, they didn't land inside the bey stadium.

I can do this. I launched my beyblade and prayed it would land within the stadium. As a matter of fact, it landed near the edge. That was more like it.

"See, what did I tell you," Lee smirked at his prediction. He playfully slapped my shoulder. "You're getting the hang of it."

"Yeah," Gary agreed with him.

"Watch this," Mariah said playfully. She launched her beyblade into the stadium, except she didn't go after mine. Her beyblade ran circles around my beyblade.

"You've improved in your speed," Lee commented. He watched as her beyblade increased its speed.

"All that training paid off," she now smirked.

"I think its finally gone to her head," Kevin teased her. He seemed to be doing a lot of that. Well, during the times, I saw him.

"Shut up!" Mariah glared at him.

"Sure thing," Kevin said playfully.

"Where are you going to stay, Rei?" Lee asked, his voice full of concern.

"I don't know," I admitted. The ground suddenly looked interesting.

"Aunt Lareina said you can stay with us," Mariah chirped. She appeared to be a little too enthusiastic to me.

"Uh, thanks," I said a little nervously.

"Great," Lee smiled. What is he thinking? "We can improve our skills, together."

"Yeah," Mariah said thoughtfully.

"Fine with me," Kevin said.

"I like it," Gary agreed with Lee.

In the evening, as I sat on my bed, I thought about the past few days. My world had been completely changed. My parents had been either captured or worse killed. I am presently in a world full of humans. Lareina has allowed me to stay with her and her niece. Who would have ever thought my life would end up this way?

When they least suspect it, I will free the captured bit beasts. One of these days, we will be free to roam this planet.

Ray: Why did you change the spelling of my name?

Wingzero: *shrugs* I wanted to write this a little different than my other fics.

Tyson: How come we aren't in it?

Wingzero: Rei hasn't even left China so how could he meet you?

Tyson: I knew that!

Max: Sure you did.

Wingzero: Anyways, I know that Rei introduces Mariah to beyblading, but it wouldn't fit in my story. He couldn't have known about it, since he is from a different world.

Mariah: True.

Wingzero: I know you're dying to know the couples.

Bladebreakers: *all lean forward even Kai*

Wingzero: This is going to be shounen ai *reads off a list* Kai/Rei, Tyson/Max, Kenny/Dizzi, Dranzer/Driger, Dragoon/Draciel, and Lee/Mariah.

Mariah: How come I get stuck with Lee?

Lee: Hey!

Wingzero: *massive sweatdrops before ending the chappie* Ja ne!