Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Shool Love ❯ Movie and Arcade ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I only own Syd. Nothing else.

Chapter 4
......The next morning......
Kai was the first one up, followed by Kori, who ran out of the room with her hand over her mouth. Syd woke up with the words, "Good thing there's more than one bathroom..." Soon everyone was up and most in a bathroom, using a sink (one of them had two) or the toilet--exept Tyson, who had to use the kitchen sink. It was lucky for Syd and Kai that they had cheated during the game.
When everyone was done and had an asprin or two, Syd was on her bed, her face buried in her pillow, Kai was on the floor against the wall, Kori was on the floor next to Syd's bed, Tala was laying under the window for some reason, Tyson was under the bed for some unknown reason, Kenny was in front of Syd's computer, Hilary was the only one still in the bathroom, Ray was the only one actually willing to eat and was therefore in the kitchen, and Max had gone back to sleep.
"Syd, if you're trying to suffocate yourself, it's probably not going to work," Kori said, looking at her friend.
"I don't care and I'm not trying to suffocate myself," Syd said, her voice muffled slightly. "I'm bored out of the little sanity that I have."
"Me too, but you don't see me making it look like I'm trying to suffocate myself," Kori said.
Syd rolled over and sighed. "Is there anything to do?"
"We could see a movie or go to the arcade...." Kori trailed off, thinking of what else they could do.
"Could we do both of the things mentioned?" Syd asked, sitting up and looking down at her friend.
"I guess so..."
"Yay!!" Most of the people in the room glared at Syd for the loudness in her voice. "....Uhhh...Sorry? And I'm gonna haveta kick you people out so I can change and not leave my room."
"Lazy ass bitch..." Kori mumbled.
"Why thank you." Syd grinned when Kori shook her head. Everyone else left the room. Syd went over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of black jeans because she didn't have any clean camo pants and a red Fullmetal Alchemist t-shirt that had the human transmutation circle on the front and the FMA version of the caduceus on the back (i own a copy of and love that t-shirt!). The next thing she did was attempt to find her combat boots, an attempt that failed miserably. She walked downstairs.
"Syd, you do know that you need shoes, right?" Kori asked as Syd walked into the living room.
"I'm an idiot, but I ain't that stupid," Syd replied, looking at her friend, then going back to searching for the missing pair of combat boots.
"I'll be back," Kori announced. She went to her house, which happened to be right next door. A few minutes later she came back wearing a black tank top, black cargo pants and a pair of black, steel-toed combat boots.
"I win!" Syd said suddenly. She pulled a pair of boots from under the couch. "Now if I could just figure out how they got under the couch and why they were there, I'd be happy..."
"Syd...Can I borrow like ten bucks?" Kori asked, looking at her friend pleadingly.
Syd backed away from the look. That look always gave her the creeps. "Yeah yeah, just loose the pleading look. And that's all your gonna get seein' as you still owe me about 50 bucks."
"She owes you 50 bucks?" Tyson asked incredulously.
Syd looked at him like he had grown a few extra heads. "And you don't owe me...." She stopped, thinking. "Well over 150 bucks?" Tyson's face grew slightly pink while everyone else stared. "Can we go now?" She walked over to the closet in the front hallway to grab a jacket. "Actually, I'm going with or without ya."
The rest of the group, minus Kai, who walked, ran to catch up with Syd, who was paying half the price of the movie tickets. It was every man for himself for money for tokens at the arcade, with the exeption of Kori.
The group walked to the movies and Kori and Tyson fought over which movie they were all going to see. Eventually, Kori won and they decided on seeing 'The House of Wax' (that was actually a pretty good movie. not one that i'd want to see in a theater but it was good as a rental).
"Do we have to?" Tyson whined.
Syd smacked him. "Enough. We're seeing it whether we want to or not, and chances are it ain't gonna be scary anyway."
"But--" Tyson cut himself off when he saw the look on Syd's face, which told him that if he didn't shut up, he was going to pay for it later on.
They bought what they wanted to eat and sat in this order in the back row of the theater: Kai, Syd, Tala, Kori, Tyson, Hilary, Max, Ray, Kenny.
When the movie ended, Syd and Kori were singing 'Helena' with the music during the credits until Hilary hit them both.
"Well, at least it had blood," Kori said as they walked out of the theater, deciding to leave Tyson, who had fallen asleep sometime during the movie, behind.
"It wasn't the worst possible movie," Syd said, thinking of 'Racing Stripes' (that movie seriously sucked ass). Kori smacked her for disagreeing. "Do you want the 10 for the arcade?"
"...Yes..." Kori said quietly.
"What was that?" Syd said, seriously not having heard the answer.
"I said YES!!" Kori said, shouting the last word.
"Okay, okay. No need to shout," Syd said, entering the arcade. "Sheesh." Kori kicked her. "Alright. You ain't getting the money."
Kori screamed and everyone covered their ears. "No!! Don't be so mean!!" the violet banged girl whined.
Syd backed away slowly. "Calm down, dude!" she said, digging through her pockets for her walet. "Shi-- Oh, wait. Here it is." She shoved the bill at her whining friend. Then she pulled a 10 out for herself and went to get the tokens, then went to her favorite game: Soul Caliber II.
Five minutes into her playing someone put the two coins needed to play in. She turned to look at the person, who happened to be Kai. "You realize that I was in the middle of a fight?" she asked.
"Do I look like I care?" Kai asked, choosing a character.
"No, but you should," Syd mumbled. Kai shot her a glare, allowing her a cheap shot. 15 seconds later Kilik (Syd's character) K.O.'d Maxi (Kai's character). 30 seconds later Kilik was K.O.'d. 5 seconds later Maxi knocked himself out of the fight area, which made Syd laugh and remember how many times she had done that to herself (it's really kinda funny, if a lil' annoying).
Kai shot her another glare and inserted two more coins. This time he chose Nightmare. 20 seconds in Syd knocked Kilik out of the ring after she had knocked Nightmare out. "Did that have a purpouse?" the blue haired boy asked.
"Yeah," Syd responded. "It's fun." Kai just looked at her like she had grown an extra head, again allowing her a cheap shot. "And you gotta pay attention to the GAME not me," Syd added as she K.O.'d Nighmare in 15 seconds. Kai growled; Syd grinned.
The other side of the arcade!!
Kori and Tala were playing some random racing game. Kori had won four races and Tala had won five, which got on Kori's nerves.
"You cheated!!" Kori yelled after Tala had won another race.
Tala mock cowered. "How the hell do you cheat at this game?" he asked, rubbing his head where Kori had hit him. "Damn woman, that hurt!!'
"It was supposed to," Kori said simply, inserting the four tokens needed to play. Tala shook his head and copied the action. "Yay!! I win!!"
"...Psycotic bitch..." Tala muttered, not realizing that Kori could hear him until he got thumped on the head. "Owww...."
"I ain't the psycotic bitch," Kori growled menacingly as Tala cowered, now fearing the violet banged girl next to him. "That would be Syd's title."
"What's my title?" Kori jumped upon hearing the voice of her best friend. She looked next to her and saw Syd leaning against the machine next to the racing game with her head tilted to the side slightly.
"Why are you leaning against the pinball machine?" Kori asked, completely changing the subject and hoping that Syd wouldn't notice.
"I ran out of coins while playing SCII against that damned Hiwatari," Syd said, subconsiously clenching her fist. "And I really have nothing better to do seein' as the rest of my money is at home." She unclenched her fist.
"Damned am I?" Syd jumped, turned, and almost fell. She would have if Kai hadn't caught her around the waist, causing her to blush and turn away. "Moron," the blue haired boy mumbled, letting go of Syd.
"I think that's the nicest thing you've said to me all day," Syd said, turning to face him. Kai and Tala just looked at her.
"Ignore her," Kori advised. Syd stuck her tounge out at her (Kori). Kori copied the idea. The boys stared at them as Tyson, who had been forced awake by the movie theater's janitors and ran to the arcade, ran up and asked for tokens.
"We don't have any," Tala, Kai, Syd and Kori said simultaneously. Tala and Kai looked at Syd and Kori, both of whom returned the look.
"That sucks," Tyson stated glumly. The other four simply shook their heads.
Soon everyone else was grouped aroud the racing game. They had all run out of tokens. They made the unanimous desicion of leaving. On the way home from the arcade Syd and Kori had found many ways to make them want to kill the other and make the others in the group want to kill both of them for the constant trying to kill each other (anyone have any idea what i just meant by that...?).
"Will you to knock it off?" Kai growled, seriously annoyed.
"We could... but it's fun to annoy others," Syd and Kori said, turning to look at him. He simply glared in return; the two girls grinned at each other.
"Guys, I'm hungry," Tyson said.
"Now THAT'S a suprise," Syd mumbled sarcasticly. Tyson didn't hear her and kept complaining. "Tyson..."
"Yeah, Syd?" Tyson asked.
"Shut the fuck up," Kori answered.
"No one cares that your hungry," Syd continued. "If you want food, go home and bug your grandfather, not us."
"You always listen to Kori complain," Tyson pointed out.
"There are four reasons for that," Syd said. "One: she's my neighbor. Two: she doesn't shut up when she's told to because she never learns. Three: she's my best friend, you're not. Four: I usually don't pay attention to her anyway."
"You're nice," Kori muttered, glaring at her best friend.
"I know," Syd replied, grinning. "So, now what do we do?"
"I have an idea, but you're not gonna like it..." Kori said.